• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

SEASON 9 RACE 9 INTERLAGOS INCIDENT REPORT

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Valerio Vinassa, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,236
    :)This thread is compulsary/mandatory reading, please stay strictly to the point :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Tim McIver

Tim McIver
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +681
    Disconnect. Not sure why. Pretty disappointed.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Peter Marshall

Peter Marshall

Ratings:
    +1,386
    Watched my replay,
    Very sorry Anthony [and Jim]. I made a poor recovery from an 'assisted' spin moments earlier and failed to get off the track quick enough....

Feeling pretty disappointed too Tim, but I am sure I will get over it :)

I'll do the video and analysis latter; wishing sooooo hard for a clean race at the finale.:) It has been ages!!!!!

• Like Like x 6
  4. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    That was obviously me, and I am very sorry that I prohibited you from having a clean race :( I will do analysis later.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,236
    no incident to report:)

• Like Like x 6
  6. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,281
    No need to apologise Peter, I got through ok (on the grass:)) and lucked into a few bonus places:p

I had a couple of nudges during the race, Firstly involving Vinny at the start, I got a slight touch on my right which pushed me left a little, into Vinny's rear wheel, no serious consequences, sorry mate

Lap 19 I was heading down the straight as Reik rejoined along side, I had no intention of challenging him into T4, I was looking down for my pit req button and drifted left as Reik also moved a bit to the right, we touched, we got away with it, all is well:redface: sorry buddy

Jim

• Like Like x 5
  7. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,236
    Thanks Nico for the correction about double thread:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    EDIT: I'm fairly certain that after Jim watches the replay, he'll conclude that i just turned towards him, he had no blame in that. It was tight situation, T1, i wasn't sure if he had passed me or not, had a good brake, tried to take tighter line, (not intending to go back to racingline at any point, i knew that he was somewhere close) and there he was. My front left touched his right rear, i bumbed outwards, didn't leave track, had to only lift a bit, Jim seemed to be unaffected. No grievances from me.

No other incidents. Luckily my 3 spins happened on almost empty track. First spun was maybe the closest, stopped on the middle of track ( turn 9, very slow), i saw only one car that had to avoid me until i got on to grass and out of way.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,236
    was me Kennett that avoid you:) in this case is important understand where go car in front
    but we can read "understand" like large dose of luck:D

• Like Like x 3
  10. Nicolas Rouge

Nicolas Rouge

Ratings:
    +1,338
    I think it was me, no problem Kennett.

No incidents to report :)
    (except with the weather guy of my team who told me it will rain, but that's not your business ;))

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,281
    Kennet, I checked my replay as I wasn't sure if I had "bumbed":p into you on the way through, you are correct in your analysis, I was clean through and on my merry way, I left it out of my report in the end as I thought it was a non issue:)

It was great racing mate, I enjoyed it:D

Jim

• Like Like x 4
  12. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +5,796
    no incidents to report.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,700
    Ha, ha, that was really a breath taking moment but no harm done so all good mate. ;) At least the adrenaline batteries got recharged. :D I thought it was happening because you didn't know where I am so you liked to defend the inside...

Start small touch with David:
    I had a poor start and David made it to the middle lane between Marko and me. I drifted a little bit too much to the middle of the track so David and I slightly touched. I didn't notice it in the race but I'm very soory now for giving not more room. I'm glad nothing bigger happend.

• Like Like x 7
  14. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +5,796
    no probs reik, just a slight touch of tyres, the same with marko, we were all so close it really was great racing we all got into turn 1 without incident, i thoroughly enjoyed the fight.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,902
    No incidents to complain about. I will check the replay tonight, with great pleasure : -)

EDIT: I got wide after T4 and T5-6 a number of times. My reference is Jim. Every time I lost absolute control of the car he came nearer or got away from me. I didn't know I got wide so many times as it were, but I'm certain that I would have gained from keeping the car in full control instead. I am sorry to have broken the white line rule. My aim is to keep inside the legal track limits. Luckily I didn't go wide in the T12 exit :)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,047
    No incidents to Report.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Anthony Ishak

Anthony Ishak

Ratings:
    +1,123
    -I am very sorry for that push Peter, the moment i saw you on track you were on the far right and your car was pointing out ( u actually were turning at that moment) , so the most logical thing for me to do at that moment was to stay on the inside where the bigger gap was and to leave the outside for you , so i maintained a reasonable speed thinking of Jim who was close behind plus i was certain that we would be comfortably going side by side without any issue there and the moment i was almost next to you your car suddenly drifted to the left and we touched.

- TS 435, lap 5 contact with Elizer . i saw Elizer on the second strait exiting the pit or something then right before T5 I guess i came close to him but his car suddenly slowed down more than i expected at that turn and i pushed him from behind, i did not wait for Eliaer as it was very strange the way he slowed down and i did not know who was at fault at that moment , i looked at the replay now and it seems that he was missing his front wing and had to slow much earlier for the turn, i am very sorry Elizer for that push , there were no way for me to guess u were in trouble and missing the wing at that moment .-

• Like Like x 7
  18. Eliezer Bartik

Eliezer Bartik

Ratings:
    +188
    I was on extreme damage there Anthony and tried made u pass clean without success,
    as it tricky corner, I'm very sorry for that.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Peter Marshall

Peter Marshall

Ratings:
    +1,386
    Lap 37:
    Running up to turn 4, I left room on the apex for Marko [as I had been doing when i thought he was 'close enough'] to attempt a pass, although I would argue that I was not encouraging him. J

Marko made his move [dive] and I lifted to allow the pass to complete itself as Nico made contact with my left rear tyre.

Around I went and into the wall backwards. Vincenzo zoomed past and I then recovered my car beleiving the track to be clear and headed for the left hand side of the track; where I thought I would be safe to acceletate back up to pace. Wrong!

Anthony arrived on the scene and tried to drive under me as I went to the left. I never saw Anthony in my mirrors and in fact had no idea who had colided with me until I watched the replay.

I'll apologize again here. Clearly it was my responsibility not to get in the way and my failures continue to mount this season. A much larger safety margin required? Or close racing? I just don't know tbh.:unsure: and I wish I did.

After the contact, I was propelled into Nico who had waited off the track to the right. Very unfortunate for Nico. I had NO control of my car at this point.

Badly damaged, I crabbed walked to the pit lane to repair and then complete the race.

Something has gone wrong with my fraps recording framerate.. driver/ updates...blah blah...

Other incidents include being turned around by Tim in Practice start 1. Sean in practice start 2 [I started last in practice start 3 so all good then :)], Marko, Nico and finally Anthony during the race. I kept on getting in the way me thinks.:unsure:

I hope the rest of you get an opportunity to sign my chassis in the finale race of the season. J Laugh! :roflmao:

• Like Like x 7
  20. Vincenzo Cavaliere

Vincenzo Cavaliere

Ratings:
    +429
    no incident to reports :)

Sorry for those who were involved in incidents, I think this is a very important topic that all make maximum effort to avoid them

• Like Like x 5