SEASON 9 RACE 9 INTERLAGOS INCIDENT REPORT

Watched my replay,
Very sorry Anthony [and Jim]. I made a poor recovery from an 'assisted' spin moments earlier and failed to get off the track quick enough....

No need to apologise Peter, I got through ok (on the grass:)) and lucked into a few bonus places:p

I had a couple of nudges during the race, Firstly involving Vinny at the start, I got a slight touch on my right which pushed me left a little, into Vinny's rear wheel, no serious consequences, sorry mate

Lap 19 I was heading down the straight as Reik rejoined along side, I had no intention of challenging him into T4, I was looking down for my pit req button and drifted left as Reik also moved a bit to the right, we touched, we got away with it, all is well:redface: sorry buddy

Jim

EDIT: I'm fairly certain that after Jim watches the replay, he'll conclude that i just turned towards him, he had no blame in that. It was tight situation, T1, i wasn't sure if he had passed me or not, had a good brake, tried to take tighter line, (not intending to go back to racingline at any point, i knew that he was somewhere close) and there he was. My front left touched his right rear, i bumbed outwards, didn't leave track, had to only lift a bit, Jim seemed to be unaffected. No grievances from me.

No other incidents. Luckily my 3 spins happened on almost empty track. First spun was maybe the closest, stopped on the middle of track ( turn 9, very slow), i saw only one car that had to avoid me until i got on to grass and out of way.

No other incidents. Luckily my 3 spins happened on almost empty track. First spun was maybe the closest, stopped on the middle of track ( turn 9, very slow), i saw only one car that had to avoid me until i got on to grass and out of way.

I think it was me, no problem Kennett.

No incidents to report :)
(except with the weather guy of my team who told me it will rain, but that's not your business ;))

EDIT: I'm fairly certain that after Jim watches the replay, he'll conclude that i just turned towards him, he had no blame in that. It was tight situation, T1, i wasn't sure if he had passed me or not, had a good brake, tried to take tighter line, (not intending to go back to racingline at any point, i knew that he was somewhere close) and there he was. My front left touched his right rear, i bumbed outwards, didn't leave track, had to only lift a bit, Jim seemed to be unaffected. No grievances from me.

Kennet, I checked my replay as I wasn't sure if I had "bumbed":p into you on the way through, you are correct in your analysis, I was clean through and on my merry way, I left it out of my report in the end as I thought it was a non issue:)

It was great racing mate, I enjoyed it:D

Jim

Lap 19 I was heading down the straight as Reik rejoined along side, I had no intention of challenging him into T4, I was looking down for my pit req button and drifted left as Reik also moved a bit to the right, we touched, we got away with it, all is well:redface: sorry buddy

Ha, ha, that was really a breath taking moment but no harm done so all good mate. ;) At least the adrenaline batteries got recharged. :D I thought it was happening because you didn't know where I am so you liked to defend the inside...

Start small touch with David:
I had a poor start and David made it to the middle lane between Marko and me. I drifted a little bit too much to the middle of the track so David and I slightly touched. I didn't notice it in the race but I'm very soory now for giving not more room. I'm glad nothing bigger happend.

No incidents to complain about. I will check the replay tonight, with great pleasure : -)

EDIT: I got wide after T4 and T5-6 a number of times. My reference is Jim. Every time I lost absolute control of the car he came nearer or got away from me. I didn't know I got wide so many times as it were, but I'm certain that I would have gained from keeping the car in full control instead. I am sorry to have broken the white line rule. My aim is to keep inside the legal track limits. Luckily I didn't go wide in the T12 exit :)

-I am very sorry for that push Peter, the moment i saw you on track you were on the far right and your car was pointing out ( u actually were turning at that moment) , so the most logical thing for me to do at that moment was to stay on the inside where the bigger gap was and to leave the outside for you , so i maintained a reasonable speed thinking of Jim who was close behind plus i was certain that we would be comfortably going side by side without any issue there and the moment i was almost next to you your car suddenly drifted to the left and we touched.

- TS 435, lap 5 contact with Elizer . i saw Elizer on the second strait exiting the pit or something then right before T5 I guess i came close to him but his car suddenly slowed down more than i expected at that turn and i pushed him from behind, i did not wait for Eliaer as it was very strange the way he slowed down and i did not know who was at fault at that moment , i looked at the replay now and it seems that he was missing his front wing and had to slow much earlier for the turn, i am very sorry Elizer for that push , there were no way for me to guess u were in trouble and missing the wing at that moment .-

Lap 37:
Running up to turn 4, I left room on the apex for Marko [as I had been doing when i thought he was 'close enough'] to attempt a pass, although I would argue that I was not encouraging him. J

Marko made his move [dive] and I lifted to allow the pass to complete itself as Nico made contact with my left rear tyre.

Around I went and into the wall backwards. Vincenzo zoomed past and I then recovered my car beleiving the track to be clear and headed for the left hand side of the track; where I thought I would be safe to acceletate back up to pace. Wrong!

Anthony arrived on the scene and tried to drive under me as I went to the left. I never saw Anthony in my mirrors and in fact had no idea who had colided with me until I watched the replay.

I'll apologize again here. Clearly it was my responsibility not to get in the way and my failures continue to mount this season. A much larger safety margin required? Or close racing? I just don't know tbh.:unsure: and I wish I did.

After the contact, I was propelled into Nico who had waited off the track to the right. Very unfortunate for Nico. I had NO control of my car at this point.

Badly damaged, I crabbed walked to the pit lane to repair and then complete the race.

Something has gone wrong with my fraps recording framerate.. driver/ updates...blah blah...

Other incidents include being turned around by Tim in Practice start 1. Sean in practice start 2 [I started last in practice start 3 so all good then :)], Marko, Nico and finally Anthony during the race. I kept on getting in the way me thinks.:unsure:

I hope the rest of you get an opportunity to sign my chassis in the finale race of the season. J Laugh! :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back