SEASON 9 RACE 9 Brazil - Preparation Thread

It looks like a clean install of everything including OS has not stopped the screen freezes, so for safetys sake I will start at the back and quit at the first freeze. I will try dumbing down all my graphics settings to minimum to reduce the risk, but it looks like my card is on its way out.

Yes David it is nvidia and I got around it by shutting down services, using Asus GPUtweak to run the fan at 90% as it seemed to be a cooling problem. There are no driver crash entries in event logs. This worked for years until recently, but now it seems pennies must be spent, so a new card for Chrimbo. I always stayed away from ATI as early ones used to have driver problems. That seems to have been sorted out now so ATI it will be.

Valter, no question is stupid, but I clean out my case every week as it sits in the carpet and is a dust magnet.

The top and bottom of it is the card is 3 years old and been hammered by both me and my son playing games almost none stop. I used to upgrade cards every 12 months due to the work they do, but other things have priorities and it was a case of make do and mend. Not been to bad up to now but it's getting to the end of the line.

This will be sorted for next season.

A few days ago I had a first go at Interlagos since a long time. I found out that my old setup is tricky to handle. So after some changes to the rear springs and rear ARB and a few minor things it feels much more comfortable to handle. It should feel safer on the throttle in the exits. It made me reach again my 1:06:7xx twice. Use it at your own risk. ;)

Attachments

• Reik-Brasil2012-b.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 315
Anyone planning on doing a stint tonight?

(to the sunday people. sorry I so rearly am there, at this part of the year, the middle of the day of saturday and sunday is the only time I see the sun during the week, so therefore I am rearly availble at that time. During the week it is dark when I leave for work and dark when I go back home again.

Anyone planning on doing a stint tonight?

(to the sunday people. sorry I so rearly am there, at this part of the year, the middle of the day of saturday and sunday is the only time I see the sun during the week, so therefore I am rearly availble at that time. During the week it is dark when I leave for work and dark when I go back home again.

Haven't seen the sun for 6 days now... I might be up for a few stints, haven't done a lot of practice but i have driven here a lot, the car felt good out of box and i was doing 1:10s right away.. I think this is one of those races where too much practice is a bad thing.. But i still need to calculate pit strategy, fuel and worn tires.

This has been keeping me busy: http://cache.multiplayuk.com/b/1-775041-560x95-7476-FF5519-FFFFFF.png

Sorry guys, but I may miss this race due to having to work late on Wednesday. Only found out today, it is job and finish so there is a chance, only a slim chance but a chance all the same. If I don't make it good luck to you all and have fun round this great track.

Lol, wrong thread, DOH!

Sorry guys, but I may miss this race due to having to work late on Wednesday. Only found out today, it is job and finish so there is a chance, only a slim chance but a chance all the same. If I don't make it good luck to you all and have fun round this great track.

Yeah, right thread.

Bob: Remember that you can join during qualify, that usually takes place roughly between 8,10pm and 8,15pm. Unfortunatly it is not possible to set the server to allow people logging in during warmup :(

How many laps would one guess a stint is? ....Umm, on a dry track. :)

Let's see, I'll assume an average pace of the fastest guy at... 1:09,500, or 69,5 secconds. Furthermore I'll assume 70 seconds lost in pits. 67 minutes = 4020 seconds, and if we subtract pitstops we are left with 3950 seconds. If we divide this by 1:09,500 (69,5 seconds) we get 56,83, iow 57 laps (as it indicates 67 minutes will be up when the leader is 83% done with his 57th lap.) If we are to have 58 laps, the average lap time of winner must be better than 1.09,300 (3950/57=69,3 sec), still assuming 70 seconds is lost in pits.

Conclusion: I am 80% sure it will be 57 laps in the dry, but with a flawless race some of the big 4 might make it 58 for those not lapped :)

EDIT: A stint u said, not a race, in that case 19 laps for most.

Something came up at the last minute last night.. But i think i'm ready:
0jbzl.jpg

Note, racetrim, 20 laps worth of fuel and softs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%