SEASON 9 RACE 8 Watkins Glen - Preparation thread

I have just finished 2 stints on the 22 minutes server using Reik setup.

Fuel needed around 68 litres, i tired the softs and with 22 minutes i lapped 18 laps , the tires lasted pretty well on the right side and were down to 65% but i got tire warnings on the left side, the front left was overheating and was down to 47% and rear left down to 54% .

My best lap was 114.44 and was done on lap 3 of the race, and the rest of the laps were not bad until the front left was gone.

a small note about the track temperature, it was 20.4 at the start of race and kept increasing until it reached 27.3 at the end of the race ..
Hope this info helps with your prep :)

Thanks for the infos Anthony. ;)

Yesterday I was able to have a stint with Bob and Vale, too. I used last year's setup and will stay with it I think. Tyre temp is a problem indeed. Increasing the pressure helps a little bit or to be safe you could use mediums.

I also did my stint on softs and got tyre warning in the end but increasing the pressure avoided a complete overheating, so I think my left side tyres got worn not so much like you experienced it. Focusing on driving smooth helps control the temps a little bit. Especially if you decrease agressivness through the long fast right hander and the following left hander you have an influence on the tyre temps. I like the way I have to gamble between speed and keeping tyre temps in a good range.

Maybe I should have uploaded this earlier after my Sunday hotlap test.

My setup appears to be fine with tyre temps and quite quick when pushed [for me]. I'm certain it was originally based upon one of Anthony's shared setups with some of the usual fine tuning to suit my braking and throttle up 'style'. It is a bit asymetrical with the suspension [intentionally] and quite rigid. Very slow off the start line with the large 1st gear...

Attachments

• Watkins Q S9.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 284
Here is my race setup, at the moment I am almost able to keep all 18 laps within 1;14,xxx. All tyres are medium and my wear after 18 laps is fl=66% fr=79% rl=64% rr=73%. Temeratures are in the green. My stint time (my first this time around, including a few minor mistakes) was 22min and 33sec.

Watkins is a track where the difference between the faster and slower drivers are smaller than on the average track and we have had very good races here in the past (also in the wet). Therefore I am optimistic about this one as well. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• s9 r1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 339
I'm home now but far too tired to do anything useful.. Feet are killing me, ~4h shooting hunched over the camera with pisspoor tripod and backfocus that started to run away on it's own (temperature changed when spectators showed up screwing optics..) Plus load in/out and assembly/disassembly of 8 multicamera setup and control room...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back