SEASON 9 RACE 7 Abu Dhabi - Preparation thread

Bob Miley : I know how you feel, i had it briefly but now i have to learn how to drive with less control over throttle. It's totally doable but it shows on pace..I do have to open them again and adjust the pot, as i'm going with last repair mentality, i'll seal it in place with silicon so that it definitely won't move accidentally. I'm also prepared to cut the whole structure free (it's doable, doesn't compromise the integrity.. that's how weird the design is..) to really get to them... Desperate times..

The track is slippery, it's Nurburgring grip.. I absolutely loathe this track with GT or worse still, FWD... Minis are horrible, races are boring and frustrating, this track understeers all the time.. This is only for F1s and alike.

Did few laps with Nico, and got some great info from that session. Had that same lag that forced me to retire last race.. It's the MS Essential.. Now it updated around 19:00 local time, last time it was 22:30 so it's not scheduled at any way.. Well, uninstall and going without antivir until thursday. But good thing is that i could identify it so i can remedy the situation.. Had real nice fight, Abu Dhabi is well designed for overtaking but you must create that opportunity.. Plus there's a nice chance of comeback ;)

Semi satisfied with race pace, definitely not going to pass a lot of people, possibly none. Managed to get rear end grip to my liking, helped a lot to make things smoother. Also decreased tire wear so race tactics come in to play, pace was good with really heavy fuel... But that doesn't mean one stopper.. or does it? You'll just have to wait and see. I'm betting on good start+1st lap this time, straight line speeds should be competitive with others this time..

Kennett Ylitalo Is there a reason, today you always left the server as soon as I've greeted you?^^

btw sorry for blocking the 22min server a bit to long; I had some hardware problems and coudn't complete my stints because of that; should have tried to sort this stuff out on another server.

Hope my wheel holds up for tommorow

This pit exit could cause problems!:cautious: the lights don't work and it feeds you right into the path of cars entering T1

I'm going to test using the track map tomorrow, I don't normaly use it, I find it distracting, ...what if there's someone approaching T1 and you feel you need to slow on the exit of the pits but there's another car leaving the pits right behind you? or you can see 3 cars coming down the straight, are you supposed to stop and wait for them all to go through?.
That could be scary if there's a pit line full of cars, as is often the case

It may be better to place the responsability on the car coming down the straight as he would be able to see the name tag of someone about to exit the pits? although not everyone uses name tags so in that case you wouldn't be able to see

May I suggest when leaving the pits we don't head straight for the apex of T1 but leave a good deal of room there so anyone coming through would have some where to go if they lifted a little and kept it tight to the curb

Any other ideas guys?

Jim

PS. Nico, I should ask you if there is room on the grid for me tomorrow? I've just assumed I can turn up and race which is a bit rude of me:redface:, I'm pretty sure there is room but I thought I should ask out of courtesy:)

It would rather be a problem if you did not rejoin Jim ;)

About the pit-exit, I agree it is a scary one, but personally I think it is wise to leave the responsibillity to the people exiting the pits (rejoining the track). Those behind you in the pit has a responsibillity not to rear end you if you have to wait for passing traffic.

I think we must use the track map to be safe, (as our pit-crew does not help us with traffic over the radio). If you dislike having the radar there all the time, perhaps you can toggle it on and off when you need it (turn on in pits and turn off sometime after you have exited and rejoined).

For me it has become part of my routine, using the track map for safe re-entry after pit-stop.

I also think that enabling the map whilest "parking" and disabling it on the long straight (number 5 key) shouldn't be a problem and increase safety very much. So I'll make it that way.

Personally I'll be ready to leave the exiting car enough room on the outside of T1, because I always have name tags enabled and therefore will notice them when driving down the s/f-straight. :) So please don't "park" in the exit just for me. ;) But I know that those super rich triplle screeners won't see name tags, so there option can only be a permanently enabled map, right?

Finally in my eyes it's both driver's responsibility to make the pit exit smooth. I know that's a bit unusual (to shift some responsibility to the car on the track) but the layout and the restrictions of the game don't allow for anything else. I mean being safe must be in the interest of everyone, not only the pit exiting car, so all parties have to work it out there.

I wish everyone good luck for tonight!!! :)

Toggle the track map:thumbsup: why didn't I think of that:rolleyes:, I'll rely also on my team manager to pit me at the right time so I don't come out into traffic:cautious:

A bit of help from the guys coming down the straight would be handy but I think the responsability is with the rejoining car

Do we have a new system for server pass these days?

Maybe worth a thought, some people may make a pitstop out of sequence so might be idea to use map through entire race i thought about toggling to but then what if someone exits when your not ready for someone to :thumbsup: ill be keeping on all time just for this race.

gl everyone for tonight !

Jim password usually posted here now and or email to im sure your still in list

Very much like this current password system, one more thing less to thing about.

I think pit exit is about 30/70 on drivers on track and pitters. It would help a lot if those who are on track are prepared to give a little bit room between T1 and 2 (outside), we really don't wan't a jam! That may happen if the pack is going pass the pits while people are going out and if the pitter has to wait for all to pass, that's just not fair. But it's not hopeless, good timing is the key....

Most are pitting from lap 14 forwards and then around lap 28... One stop, around lap 21.. That's conservative tactic with symmetric stints but should give a clue when there's gonna be traffic in the pits.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 105 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 80 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 54 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 111 13.4%