• "I'm going to pee in your seat" - Jenson Button
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Season 9 Race 4 Singapore - Weather

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Daniel Hansson, Sep 19, 2012.

  1. Daniel Hansson

    Daniel Hansson

    Messages:
    422
    Ratings:
    +876
    Hello everyone :)

    The first forecast for Singapore:

    Singapore is often affected by rain showers. The chance for rain during a session is 40 %. The intensity can be very high, but medium is also common.

    The next one will be posted here on tuesday the 25:th, at 19 current UK time (BST).

    ---------------------

    Here's the second forecast:

    There is a reduced risk for showers during the whole event, but there is still a chance. If it comes the intensity looks to be pretty high and with a duration in the order of 20-50 minutes.
     
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Nicolai Nicholson

    Nicolai Nicholson

    Messages:
    3,143
    Ratings:
    +4,836
    Sounds like fun :D Thanks Daniel :thumbsup:
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Reik Major

    Reik Major
    Premium

    Messages:
    2,785
    Ratings:
    +3,675
    Oh yeah, I'm curious too :) thx Daniel!
     
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Valter Ostman

    Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

    Messages:
    1,335
    Ratings:
    +1,902
    I'm singing in the rain:thumbsup: Thanks Daniel!
     
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bob Miley

    Bob Miley

    Messages:
    2,784
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    Nature should know better than to have rain where there are so many walls. Water makes all walls magnetic and draws any metal in a car right into them. I do hope nature is not so evil.
     
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Henrik Jordfald Olsen

    Henrik Jordfald Olsen

    Messages:
    258
    Ratings:
    +447
    Thx for the report.

    Scary stuff with rain on this track...goes from 10% DNF's to 50% in a heartbeat....
     
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Valerio Vinassa

    Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

    Messages:
    1,906
    Ratings:
    +3,188
    mmmm rain? last time on wet track I did 2nd place, no fmistake and good strategy think this time will be more hard.

    Thanks Daniel:thumbsup:
     
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Anthony Ishak

    Anthony Ishak

    Messages:
    715
    Ratings:
    +1,123
    we had great fun on wet last time we raced there, thx Daniel :thumbsup:
     
  9. Nicolai Nicholson

    Nicolai Nicholson

    Messages:
    3,143
    Ratings:
    +4,836
    Our experience is not that DNF increases in the wet. It can acctually have the opposite effect, as one usually drive further away from "the limit"/are more careful when it rains, and any contact with walls or other cars tends to be more gentle than in the dry. If you look through our previous seasons it is hard to tell what races was affected by rain through looking at DNF's.

    Remember, 40% chance of rain hitting the race means that there is a 60% chance that the whole race will be completely dry, and 40% chance that at least one lap will be wet (if you know what I mean). iow, I will focus my practice on dry (as always) and possibly do a handfull laps in wet if I have the time and motivation.

    50% DNF is like pushing a wooden cross through my Presto-heart :O_o: The way I see it, wet means I have to drive slower and have bigger safety margins, not that I am more likely to do mistakes (maybe I am a bit arrogant now, but i think it is important to have the right attitude).
     
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Bob Miley

    Bob Miley

    Messages:
    2,784
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    If it's wet I will treat it like Spa, just tootling round to the finish. Finishing is all I care about.
     
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Kurt Kjellin

    Kurt Kjellin

    Messages:
    384
    Ratings:
    +505
    Thanks Daniel:thumbsup:
     
  12. Peter Marshall

    Peter Marshall

    Messages:
    1,317
    Ratings:
    +1,386
    I remember it well :thumbsup:

    As I recall, Wets weren't much good around here because they overheated very quickly. Unless it is really bucketting down, I will not be using the Full Wets.
     
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Daniel Hansson

    Daniel Hansson

    Messages:
    422
    Ratings:
    +876
    Good evening.

    Here's the second forecast:

    There is a reduced risk for showers during the whole event, but there is still a chance. If it comes the intensity looks to be pretty high and with a duration in the order of 20-50 minutes.
     
    • Like Like x 15
  14. Bob Miley

    Bob Miley

    Messages:
    2,784
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    Do I not like the sound of that (in my best Graham Taylor voice)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Valter Ostman

    Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

    Messages:
    1,335
    Ratings:
    +1,902
    Thanks Daniel!
     
  16. Reik Major

    Reik Major
    Premium

    Messages:
    2,785
    Ratings:
    +3,675
    Well, I like it (I mean the possibility of rain). :)
     
  17. Nicolai Nicholson

    Nicolai Nicholson

    Messages:
    3,143
    Ratings:
    +4,836
    Thank you Daniel :thumbsup: