1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Season 9 Race 4 Singapore - Weather

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Daniel Hansson, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Hello everyone :)

The first forecast for Singapore:

Singapore is often affected by rain showers. The chance for rain during a session is 40 %. The intensity can be very high, but medium is also common.

The next one will be posted here on tuesday the 25:th, at 19 current UK time (BST).

---------------------

Here's the second forecast:

There is a reduced risk for showers during the whole event, but there is still a chance. If it comes the intensity looks to be pretty high and with a duration in the order of 20-50 minutes.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Sounds like fun :D Thanks Daniel :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Oh yeah, I'm curious too :) thx Daniel!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

I'm singing in the rain:thumbsup: Thanks Daniel!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nature should know better than to have rain where there are so many walls. Water makes all walls magnetic and draws any metal in a car right into them. I do hope nature is not so evil.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Thx for the report.

Scary stuff with rain on this track...goes from 10% DNF's to 50% in a heartbeat....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

mmmm rain? last time on wet track I did 2nd place, no fmistake and good strategy think this time will be more hard.

Thanks Daniel:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  8. we had great fun on wet last time we raced there, thx Daniel :thumbsup:

9. Our experience is not that DNF increases in the wet. It can acctually have the opposite effect, as one usually drive further away from "the limit"/are more careful when it rains, and any contact with walls or other cars tends to be more gentle than in the dry. If you look through our previous seasons it is hard to tell what races was affected by rain through looking at DNF's.

Remember, 40% chance of rain hitting the race means that there is a 60% chance that the whole race will be completely dry, and 40% chance that at least one lap will be wet (if you know what I mean). iow, I will focus my practice on dry (as always) and possibly do a handfull laps in wet if I have the time and motivation.

50% DNF is like pushing a wooden cross through my Presto-heart :O_o: The way I see it, wet means I have to drive slower and have bigger safety margins, not that I am more likely to do mistakes (maybe I am a bit arrogant now, but i think it is important to have the right attitude).

• Like Like x 3
  10. If it's wet I will treat it like Spa, just tootling round to the finish. Finishing is all I care about.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Thanks Daniel:thumbsup:

12. I remember it well :thumbsup:

As I recall, Wets weren't much good around here because they overheated very quickly. Unless it is really bucketting down, I will not be using the Full Wets.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Good evening.

Here's the second forecast:

There is a reduced risk for showers during the whole event, but there is still a chance. If it comes the intensity looks to be pretty high and with a duration in the order of 20-50 minutes.

• Like Like x 15
  14. Do I not like the sound of that (in my best Graham Taylor voice)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thanks Daniel!

16. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Well, I like it (I mean the possibility of rain). :)

17. Thank you Daniel :thumbsup: