Season 9 Race 3 Monza

ill start the discussion off in here by asking nico to remove my time from the prestogp site, id sent you a pm about this just after it happened, ill start from a zero time and work from now :)
this is very true, due to the busy times I have had to downpriortize/forget it, but I will have a look at it now :)
EDIT: I deleted it now. Could you do another lap just to check that it will update? (that I didn't brake it when I deleted it ;))

2165038435.png

New connection, haven't upgraded it yet, i needed to find how much latency i get. It dropped, not a lot. I pinged my usual test addresses and got 17ms responses a lot so that's a good thing...

Waw with Sean's great advices and help I dropped a second from my PB! Now I can constantly do 19.6-8 in Q. Thank you Sean! My problem still is S1. I lose 0.5 to 0.7 from Sean's laps and he's doing high 18.8-9s. Still good news is that I only need to work hard on one sector, not 3 :D

Shall we all respect the pit lane white line when exiting? Down to Turn 1.

We have ask about this for every track and maybe everytime. :)

Edit: I had better enquire about anywhere else on the track where the White Lines may not be observed. The entry or exit of Ascari perhaps? Chicanes? Just checking as my practice time will still be limited and I will naturally observe all White Line 'rules' unless otherwise mentioned. :)

btw, I often asked myself what I'd do if I notice an acciedental (but major) cut in super pole which would result in a time gain.

My answer so far would be to clearly lift the power for a few seconds and maybe go back one gear and then continue at full speed. Would that be ok?

Edit: I'm asking because it could easily happen at the exit of ascari, so I like to discuss how the majority would define the way of self punishing.

exactly what i do, but i lift then back onto the power, ive not had a serious cut yet that ive had to think about changing gear but i wont carry on at full speed knowing id cut, example the other night, i cant remember if it was during the race or the practise race the night before, but i overtook bob at the busstop, after the move was completed i accidentally cut the first part of the chicane, i instantly lifted off and let bob gain on me, i felt bob lost an oppertunity to get back at me because id cut so gave him the time back.

i think most times a cut is likely to gain you .1 or .2 max unless its a huge cut or wide like hockenheim turn 1, but on the whole its not much, so a small lift off the power completely slows you rapidly, just as soon as youve lifted put the power back on, youve already lost maybe 20mph or more by the lift and gave back the time youve made.

Thank you for the replies.Respect the lines and no running close down the pitlane wall either. Got it. :)

I know that we don't generally break any white lines when racing, however, I read/ saw some of the real F1 lads [and Michael :)] running well wide on the exit of Ascari under some sort of drivers' agreement. I thought it best to bring up the subject again should someone decide to use a different part of the race track.

heres my fastest so far, a 1.18.7

obviously i used the fastest line at the main straight to get my fastest lap, but in the race ill be using the normal race line, and in qualifying too if everyone is sticking to the same rule, although its technically still 2 wheels on the track its still deviating quite a bit from the racing line.

heres my setup too, based on reiks (i think, its been so long ago) doubles nicely as race setup, add fuel and softs/mediums and it will do a 22 mins stint no bother.

Attachments

• david 1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 233

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline