Season 9 Race 1 Hungaroring - Preperation thread

I partly disagree that leaving room is not a central issue. I would say Alfonso left room, but without safety margins. When Valter is not able to be 100% at the edge of the track, an incident is the result.

i dont agree lol room wasnt an issue, it was not valters place to be 100% on the edge of the track, valter couldve took any space he liked after he had made the pass as long as he stayed in it until the next corner which he was doing as his line didnt deviate, its the overtaking car that determines the space for the overtake, valter kept the outside line, alfonso could clearly see valter was to the left of the track but let his car drift over to the left to try occupy a space already taken, look to the right of the incident, theres at least 2 metres of track couldve been used for the overtaking move.

your right about safety margins, a clear gap between 2 cars is always best in presto due to the sync issues sometimes, this didnt happen in the incident and an accident occured, but in my opinion valter could do very little diffrently to avoid the outcome.

i dont agree lol room wasnt an issue, it was not valters place to be 100% on the edge of the track,

I do not quite understand where we disagree David, it sounds like it is how we interpet what we write that makes the disagreement.

What I am saying is that Alfonso is allowed to try to pass Valter back on the inside, but then he must make sure he leaves enough room on the outside. He didn't leave enough room and drove into Valter. If he had managed to leave more room it would not have been an incident.

However, I disagree when you say that it is not Valter's task to take a minimum of room in the exit of the turn. As long as you are unsure you have a car on the inside or not, the safest thing you can do is to be as close to the edge of the track as possible (his contribution to minimise. But I do not see this as a mistake, because we are not robots, and ofcourse we are not able to driver 100% perfect all the time. Never the less, it should be pointed out I think.

What I am saying is that Alfonso is allowed to try to pass Valter back on the inside, but then he must make sure he leaves enough room on the outside. He didn't leave enough room and drove into Valter. If he had managed to leave more room it would not have been an incident.

this part sums it up better for me, your right its been the wording thats caught me out with what folk are meaning by giving room, alfonso wasnt meaning room like you mean it though, his post is saying he gave valter room going into the corner, not on exit when the incident happened what we mean, this is what has confused me.

i think we need to agree to disagree on valters position on track though, i dont feel it was valters place to be on the edge of the track, alfonso wasnt close enough at that point for valter to have to worry about whatever line he took so when he took the outside he stayed there, no deviation at all so his contribution has been to make alfonsos overtake as easy as possible by staying on the same line and not moving from it, its upto the car behind to choose the right line then.

i think we need to agree to disagree on valters position on track though, i dont feel it was valters place to be on the edge of the track, alfonso wasnt close enough at that point (...)

I think the fact that Valter might have survived if he had been half a meter further to the left is reason enough to advice all to claim as little room as possible in such situations.

But, this is tiny details, I understand that you mean that Valter was ahead and did not need to worry about someone on his side.

I think the fact that Valter might have survived if he had been half a meter further to the left is reason enough to advice all to claim as little room as possible in such situations.

But, this is tiny details, I understand that you mean that Valter was ahead and did not need to worry about someone on his side.

the way id look at that is valter wouldve survived if alfonso had either lifted or took a tighter line, but i get what you mean we are just seeing it from diffrent points of view which is good for discussion :)

Alfonso, i just looked at your stint practice done since practice race, and I must admit I am not impressed. Do you really think you can keep it on the track for 1h 7m?

the pw is mogens

EDIT: Sorry for the short delay, dedicated server was not on my side, so I have to restart the whole server, it will be open in a couple of minutes (I hope) ;)

Alerts didn't work for me, just saw this thread.. Damned, this throws my preparations off quite a bit... I'll be starting from the back. EDIT: no worries, everythings fine, car felt really good. Feeling quite confident of finishing..

For those who hasn't installed it:

4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg

Something that i didn't know happened: the addition of garage slots don't cause online mismatches! I thought that any changes in those files causes it but it seems any changes in the original data causes kicks but additions to them is possible.. Nice to know...

So i got a fix for garageslots that works with our current server files. It's not mandatory but if don't apply the fix, you have 20% chance of missing all practice sessions.. So... It kind a is mandatory:

http://Cream.Galleria.fi/PrestoGP/Fixes/Hungaroring.AIW

Copy the file to trackfolder. Everyone should at this point know what trackfolder is so i skip the explanation... Confirm overwrite. Make backup of the original file if you want.

I added 18 new garageslots (6 teams x 3 drivers... ), identical to the originals and renamed them accordingly. That means we will share garages but that happens in all tracks anyway... Someone MUST test that it works and report here. Server needs no changes, if we do, all that DON'T have the fix are booted. Now even they can take part but non outside the league can use garages 21-35 now... We are privileged...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back