Season 9 Race 1 Hungaroring - Preperation thread

So far the time difference between harder tires ie one stop and primes (the ones that most use in race..) and two stop has been in favor of 2 stop.. Harder tires are just that bit slower (~1sec/lap), some make it work but safe tactic has been so far to use two stops. You can vary the amount of fuel you take onboard.. Last season i used succesfully a tactic that used two stints worth of fuel at the start of race, no fuel on stop 1 and then normal fuelling on stop 2. In most of the races i took 3 laps worth of fuel more at the start for two reasons: To get some headroom on tactic so i can decide on-the-fly what lap i'm coming in. Second reason: in the starting laps you don't use so much fuel and the average pace is somewhat slower: you can get away with slightly heavier car and one of my strengths is driving slightly heavier car. If you are good on light car and softer tires, you may need to use different tactic. Also we can use mix tires, like medium on front and soft on rear... That gives some extra breathing space..

Some of us use Real Time Telemetry on second screen but it's useful in the background too. The fuel estimate is a lot more precise and it keeps tap on your average fuel consumption over the whole event (session changes reset laptime but fuel estimate carries over..). So after a hour long practice you get really good fuel consumption figures. Setup changes fuel economy but so far taking 1 or 2 liters more or less in the race evening has been sufficient change, i do my final setup touches in the raceday, mostly during the free/official practices.

Emptied all liquid from throttle cylinders so it's full pneumatic. Also opened it up and lubed the axels and to my surprise the pots aligned perfectly. Slightly different resistance curve but faster action, feels nice. The "sponge" i cut from carpenters kneepad is too stiff, i'm afraid to push 100% on brakes... Need keep digging for the right material.

By primes you mean "mediums", right? Today I did a lot of practice and I managed to make 18 laps on super softs with very good lap times. I wasn't pushing hard cause I had to keep front left away from overheating and first 15 laps were in high 12s low 13s. Last 3 were in 14s cause I was too cautious I guess. I have problems to heat up the hardest compound so probably won't use them. For now it seems the mediums are the best tyres and I even think they can last half the race for one stopper. There's no such a big difference between 50L and 75L and for sure it's not 40 seconds :)

PS: I did a new best lap :D 10.127 YEEEEAAH :D On the next try I was 0.2 up in S1 but I did a 0.1 slower S2 and screwed up the last corner because of overheated left front. I'm happy, very happy. Huge progress for just a week and I feel I'll brake the 10s barrier soon.

There's no such a big difference between 50L and 75L and for sure it's not 40 seconds :)

Assume a 54 lap race where it takes 40 sec to stop for tyre change and 50 liters, and 50 sec to stop for tyre change and 75 liter.

In this case you need to be 30 seconds faster on track, or 0,56 sec a lap, to make a 2 stop pay off. To help you do this you have a softer tyre compound and on average 12,5 kilos lighter car (and less variation in weight).

Hm I'm thinking to test something different. What about 3 stops but only the middle one for fuel. This makes 14 laps with only 20 seconds time loss for tyres then 50 seconds to refuel and then another 20 seconds for fresh tyres. In this case you're gonna have two stints on light car and brand new tyres and softer tyre when the car is heavy. This must be tested :) It leads to 90 seconds total loss but still with good driving it can repay.

PS: tested today. 1st 14 laps with average 13 flat on softs but I wasn't pushing cause I though I had to do 18 laps :D Second stint - average 11.7 on softs. The actual time loss in the pits was around 22 seconds. The problem with this strategy is that after the first stop if I end up in traffic it's gonna be hard. Considering it is impossible to overtake on this track maybe the 1 stopper is the best.

He, he you're improving quickly! ;) It becomes more and more logic why you weren't motivated with F1 2011 anymore. (not to say GTR evo is perfect, just more like a sim)

He, he you're improving quickly! ;) It becomes more and more logic why you weren't motivated with F1 2011 anymore. (not to say GTR evo is perfect, just more like a sim)
Well I didn't lose interest because of the game but because of the stupid league rules. I still am one of the fastest guys there and I still love the game but long story short - they called me a cheater, forced everybody to record races which destroyed my pace because of the low fps and that's it.

It took me 4 days to be able to set a 1:10 time but after I looked the replay my lap too didn't look fast at all, just like yours. It's funny but it was so hard to reach the 10s but now I can set 10s without any problems and with a lot of mistakes during the lap. Dino is that 70 l of fuel real and what tyres did you use?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%