1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Season 9 Provisional Interest Thread

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    So, with Season 8, and F1 2016's disk life, slowly drawing to a close, so comes the time of the year where I need to start thinking of next season.

Obviously, one of the key things to know before planning any new season is just how much interest there will be in the next season.

Therefore, can everyone please inform me as to whether they will be interested in joining Season 9?

Obviously, priority will be given to those in current full time seats.

It must be made clear that as Manor F1 will not be competing next season, there will only be 20 available drives.

With all this in mind, please say below ''Yes'' or ''No''. Maybe will be taken as a no if there are people saying yes after you.

2. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    Yes im racing next season. Maybe have to miss couple of races bc im going to college so. But yeah im racing next season:cool:

3. Mitchell Haverlag

Mitchell Haverlag

Ratings:
    +75
    Yes.

4. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,130
    As I've said on Twitter, I'll be taking a break from league racing. Maybe I'll be back for S10

• Love Love x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  5. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +11
    Yes.

6. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    I try and stay away from racing on twitter. Sooooo much drama.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    I am in.

8. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Check your PM.

9. Bcolli186

Bcolli186

Ratings:
    +13
    im in

10. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    Yes.

11. GuytheGuy17

GuytheGuy17

Ratings:
    +10
    Yes

12. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +79
    as a reserve yes, but not full time, 2 leagues are just too much playtime, thats why i got bored from F1 2016 so quickly. And also with the release of Gt sport and pcars2 i wanna be racing there aswell.

whenever i have time and whenever i feel the urge i might pop up here and race with you guys :)

• Wow Wow x 1
  13. Klayyyyyy

Klayyyyyy

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm in, it will still be on tuesdays right?

14. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Yeah, no plans to change anything. Day or time.

15. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Also, to echo some of Mikey's thoughts from the original post ...

Next season we are starting fresh with a brand new game and we want to make Season 9 the most successful and memorable season yet. Some of you guys know the history of this league and others of you don't, but Mikey and I both have a very strong passion for this league and we remember it back in its early years and want to continue seeing it run in the same manner as it always has been : competitive but very much laidback and friendly.

We have really gained a lot of positive momentum this season introducing drivers that come from all backgrounds of racing - whether it be from 5-lap public lobbies to guys that have been doing league racing for years. I really am pleased with the group we have and I really hope each and every one of you come back next season.

One thing I want to stress - and I know Mikey will agree with me here - is that this is not just my league or his league - it's our league. We run things around here very well, but we know that there is room for improvement for sure. I strongly encourage you guys to give some feedback or suggestions on ideas you may have that can make next season even better than this one. If there is a deficiency that you see or something that you think can be improved upon, please write me a private message on here or on PSN.

A couple of people have already over the course of the last few weeks given us some suggestions and Mikey and I just spent about an hour on PSN party chat discussing those suggestions and some other things for next season that we think you all will like. Please keep these ideas coming and we promise that all ideas will be addressed and considered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    Can i say my idea here? I think it would be fun to do league races with the classic cars. You know maybe on a weekend the races. On tuesday the normal league with the f1 2017 cars and on the weekend or so the classic cars races:)

17. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    It's something we can look in to doing, but keep in mind that there are a few guys here that race in a couple of leagues already, and adding something else to their plate may not be enticing to them - especially on the weekends.

It might be something that we can do say once a month or something along those lines. I'll add that to the docket and talk it over with Mikey again soon.

18. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +13
    Oh yeah forgot about it but once a month would be good i think

19. Walsh89-

Walsh89-

Ratings:
    +14
    Unfortunately as it stands it's going to have to be a no from me. My availability on Tuesday nights isn't the most consistent as has been shown this season.

Also probably more importantly I don't plan to buy the game on release lol.

20. Cas_0807

Cas_0807

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes, I'd like to race next season!