Season 9 - General Discussion

Why should you not be able to use your original install in the normal way?
Since the rollback of the accidental update there is no difference at all to how the game always worked.

Not always. I have the game auto-update turned off, if i turn it on it want's to download 2.4gigs one more time. After the update rollback i did fresh Race07 install but it still is screwed... I always start from the desktop icon and am tired of the game acting up, it's working now, it'll have to do... In theory, nothing should be causing this, i got new GCF files, new game files, only one mod and now two addon tracks.. I could delete blob files, that could fix it, i haven't cleared them since, well i don't know when.

I also decided that i'll get a new wheel by christmas and update my PC before that...

Not always. I have the game auto-update turned off, if i turn it on it want's to download 2.4gigs one more time. After the update rollback i did fresh Race07 install but it still is screwed... I always start from the desktop icon and am tired of the game acting up, it's working now, it'll have to do... In theory, nothing should be causing this, i got new GCF files, new game files, only one mod and now two addon tracks.. I could delete blob files, that could fix it, i haven't cleared them since, well i don't know when.

I also decided that i'll get a new wheel by christmas and update my PC before that...

No idea why that is still the case.

After the rollback I deleted everything (except the profiles ect. of course) and just reinstalled all the packs from my old steam-backup. I have auto-update enabled and it doesn't want to update anything and everything works, including all expansions.

I hope to see more league drivers joining the next racing club event on monday because last night was a blast and everyone who joined seemed to have fun.
And with more drivers Im sure the fun will become even bigger.

I also think its fair to say that the last 2 monday club races had much more quality and less incidents then the ones before so everyone who had some bad experiences with the first club races should give it another try, ill try my best to make sure the quality level stays were it is now.

Is there any chance that the stream can be broadcasted using html5 instead of the soon deprecated Adobe Flash?

Using pads as many do these days, Flash is no longer supported unless you have a windows pad. I have Android pad and with the new JellyBean, Flash is gone.

Too many incidents again...:(

Qualifying lap checked, no cuts :thumbsup:

TS: 601.50
What: Nicolas was chasing me at the opening laps of the race. We had really different style of driving T1, 2 and 3. He seemed to emphasize entering speed into these corners, whereas I emphasized exiting speed at T3. This lead to us always being really close to each other at the apex of T3, before I would build up a larger gap when exiting T3. On lap 6 this developed into an incident just before apex of T3. I spun and lost 2 positions in the race.
How to avoid: The driver behind has better view on these situations and needs to take responsibility (as Nicolas has done).

TS: 1712.85
What: Tim was chasing me for P1 along Esplanade Drive and seemed he was not going to try overtaking me at the braking since he was around 40 metres behind. In the middle of the braking he changed line and tried to overtake, but being too far back he hit the side of my car. It is noteworthy that at the turning point of the corner Tim´s nose was still around 4 meters behind any part of my car. I did not suffer any damage nor did I lose any positions in the race, and neither did Tim (I think).
How to avoid: There was a misjudgement from Tim here. I was on worn tyres with light fuel load, and Tim was on fresh tyres and medium load of fuel (I think). This caused him to be quite a lot quicker than I at that point, but that does not justify desperate attempt. He apologized and we´re ok.

Conclusion: This type of incidents (bump from behind style of incident) keep accumulating for me too much lately. Is there something in my driving style or racing behavior that is to blame for this? I want to complete my races without incidents and I rarely cause them, so in my opinion I also deserve to finish most of my races without incidents.
Exemplary conclusion from one half of team Finland! Not that i know anything about the subject in hand but it's very nice to see true Presto spirit.

Hi guys, my life has gotten extremely busy the last few months that its best that i skip this season. i just dont have time to practise and race lately.
I hope that it gets better before the next season.
Enjoy the rest of the season guys, and i hope that i can join the next one again.
And Nico, youre doing an awesome job with this super nice league, keep it up mate.
Greetings to all my presto friends !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years