Season 9 - General Discussion

I. Have to restart steam everytime I want to start Race07 but that's not too bad. .

It is doing the same thing to me , plus i have to press ctrl/alt/del to exit the game as the exit button is not working , the icon is there but it is inactive, ..The replay theatre is not working as well , it is saying i do not have the right cars/mod to play the replays , steam had deleted the game data after the update and i had to reinstall the cars in the main steam folder but the replay still not working...

the helmet is off after copying the file but i start getting bugs after i downloaded the cars from the race department forum and now i have to set a button to get rid of the tear offs..

i will start my prep tonite to calculate the fuel so i do not run out of it like at Hungary :whistling::)..

It is doing the same thing to me , plus i have to press ctrl/alt/del to exit the game as the exit button is not working , the icon is there but it is inactive

I found the same thing but if you put your pointer mouse out of icon (in up and right about 45°) it change a bit the color and working well.I have only a doubt when I tried on server all working fine but only me on track,this evening hope that no some strange conflict happen with other cars, last time at Spa crash game because conflict with Brasilian flag of Sean ?:O_o:.

Argh! F***ing steam update again. Now they roll back the folder restructuring. I'm angry that I have to copy everything back to the old location because I already deleted it there to safe space. This costs me the time I could now have for a short first test. :(

Argh! F***ing steam update again. Now they roll back the folder restructuring. I'm angry that I have to copy everything back to the old location because I already deleted it there to safe space. This costs me the time I could now have for a short first test. :(

I think the only "comfort" is that most of us are in the same boat. I will be maybe a second slower a lap than I would have without any steam problems. I got to do 5 laps this weekend, instead of 5-6 stints which was my intention.

Most important is that we do not let this lack of practice affect our safety, but rather our speed :)

EDIT: Also, until things are back to normal I keep my Race07 at a as simple level as possible.
-I only have race07 installed
-I only have the Mak Corp mod installed
-I have no custom track installed (Monza is ingame)
-I have no replays installed.

i copied all my tracks, my replays, control files and car setups to a safe place

uninstalled race07, gtr evolution and raceroom, then deleted the folders from steam/common and steam/username folders, also deleted the simbin folder from documents.

i ran a reg cleaner to get rid of everything else then restarted.

opened steam, installed race07 only, and started the game, made a new profile with the same name and closed the game.

i now reinstalled the mod, copied back all my folders and now it all works perfect, i dont have to open and close steam for it to start and runs fine when it does, last time i tried to instal gtr evolution too it wouldnt let me use my old profile but seeing as its only f1 i play race07 is fine.

EDIT: Also, until things are back to normal I keep my Race07 at a as simple level as possible.
-I only have race07 installed
-I only have the Mak Corp mod installed
-I have no custom track installed (Monza is ingame)
-I have no replays installed.

I did same thing Nico and than I did like David for install Steam/Race07 seems that is better solution. Will be the "FINAL SOLUTION"? new movie with 007:roflmao: star Sean Connery the only one:thumbsup:

idea for this evening: who have installed game and can run tried join practice server this evening/morning so we can test if all is ok when other guys join no need stay more time only time that someone join in/out and run together.I repeat me(post #662) I join server but Im alone I dont know when we are together all is fine but if someone have tried tell here,just for prevent big problem tomorrow before the race ....cannot join, crash, no visor etc... and consequential cry:D

I drove a car today:D felt good although I wasn't all that fast

I'm not sure what I did with Steam and the game installations but it seems to work, I have got multiple folders now though, I'll have to remove some one by one, see what happens

Jim

+1 If you want to be simple, open the latest "my docs\Race 07 Install x" folder, copy the GameInstallDir.ini to "my docs\Race 07". Then delete all the "install x" folders. Now you should have your original document folder.

To all: put your steam offline if you're getting the update repeating, it stops the update from starting (it gives error message instead). Steam has been unbelievable in this case, some got the "common" updaet few days ago again.. Just unbelievable, hope SimBin sues them.

These bugs are killing me!!!

Thanks Valter and Peter, I've got the files and I've followed the instructions but I'm still getting bugs. I've copied those files into every directory I can find but I still get bugs!!! Any more ideas?

These bugs are killing me!!!

Thanks Valter and Peter, I've got the files and I've followed the instructions but I'm still getting bugs. I've copied those files into every directory I can find but I still get bugs!!! Any more ideas?

Pretty common. I had it in the previous install, didn't work.. In this install it possibly works, didn't see bugs yesterday... It's actually considered cheating by the game, to be fair everyone uses it or nobody does but it's almost impossible to control....

From another thread it seems that we might consider a separation of administrative chores here at the forum.

Although I hope that Nico would reconsider his decision - I would have no problem in helping him out so that he can focus on the race-aspect of this league.
(Being; organizing the events and server-related issues, and being the administrator of the Presto GP - league)

I do not know if Nico is he only admin at the forum, or if this is shared between other regulars here at Presto GP. But I'd like to offer my time if it is needed.

Do not mean to step on toes with this.
I am only offering my services if help is needed.

Im looking for something:
Does someone know of a hotlap video on youtube with tachometer of Suzuka and Interlagos because then the Season 9 hotlap calendar over here would be complete which will be part of the new PrestoGP.com Frontpage that Im creating atm.
If they dont exist I would be thankful if someone could post a hotap vid of one of these tracks on youtube

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back