Season 9 - General Discussion

I think i'll do that, i've relied on the alert system but it seems to really bugged, i think they use similar system as FB to rate posts which appear in the alerts, the first subscribes seems to be downplayed or they are filtered out. And refreshing subscribes do nothing, it doesn't reset the old data.. That's a guess only, it just behaves in such a way. I do have a lot of bookmarks, don't like to add a lot of new ones but i'll guess i can take one more. I didn't see any READ THIS THREAD until the race was over....

I'm sure we arrive at the best solution. Come to think of it, there's has to be a reason for changing passwords, i know that it eliminates the possibility of a person who quits the league in anger to spoil the race. But what if we use the same password until such situation comes, posting the password in public forum is less secure after all. In SRS we used one password for all events, leagues etc. it worked flawlessly. We changed passwords maybe twice a year, here i can picture one password for one season working well. I want to decrease Nicos workload as much as possible too. Just starting the server should be enough for the race evening, being a driving admin is a bitch, you need to stop practice multiple times just to answer questions that has all the answers in the info thread they were to suppose to have read before even considering joining....

I love it that I have become the main instigator in this group ...lol ;)
You are the only one who made a huge fuss ;)

When the problem arises like it did this time, we should find a solution - cause obviously it did not work perfectly.

No, it didn't work perfectly, I made a mistake. Allow me to correct it. I am sure you made mistakes on your own that requires your attention. You seem to be more interested in what I did wrong than yourself. Look at the way Bob responded. I promis you he earned everybodys respect with his mature dealing of the issue. He realised I acknowledgeed my part of the blame and he acknowledged his, end of story.

EDIT: I appolegies for the tone Henrik, I guess I am a bit upset and tired of Admin work. What I want is for all drivers to focus 100% on preparing for the race and trust that I can handle the rest (after all, most of my job is about making sure that everybody in the race is prepared)

EDIT: I appolegies for the tone Henrik, I guess I am a bit upset and tired of Admin work. What I want is for all drivers to focus 100% on preparing for the race and trust that I can handle the rest (after all, most of my job is about making sure that everybody in the race is prepared)

If you really feel apologetic, why keep the posted comments?
I commended your work, I did not attack you personally in any way.

You state some very derogative comments directly towards me.
What is the purpose?

It is ok to vent though, after all it is a forum, apology accepted.

I think everybody (who isn't already doing it) should make checking the forum before a race a habbit. Also, I said beforehand that I would post the pw in the forum.

Feel free to create the steam group Kennett. I have always worked towards making my own role less and less significant (without losing control) so twitter, facebook, youtube channels, steam groups etc I don't touch myself. But I think it is cool when others take charge and create something (that is not in conflict with the core, which is the league in itself).

I would like the forum to remain the primary source of communciation. It is the archive after all. I do check the Forum before every race; but I am quite bleary eyed at 3.45 am and hoping that there is not too much to read so that I may concentrate on brewing my coffee :)

days like today can take up to an hour to read it all - lol Now where is my Sunday paper..

NOTE!! If Steam tells you that you got corrupt files do this: exit steam. Copy steam.dll to Race 07 folder. Start steam. Everything should work now. This is remnants of the failed update process. It's also one of cures for any steam based game, copying steam.dll to gamefolder cures a lot of problems. EDIT:And put Steam offline.. Fresh Steam install is needed in this case.

Remember to check new XD features, i put a short tutorial on the Kennetts Think Tank thread... I just dropped 3 tenths from the first chicane and 5 tenths from the next... I've been going in to corners waayy to fast...

And addition to the post above, only restarting steam everytime works. Steam frsh install is required after Monza... The update fiasco did so much damage...

We need to think of what to do with those club races. It's just no use for us when just few unsafe drivers can ruin the whole evening. Also the damage is 100% which is ridiculous combination.. There are some very good drivers that really just need more experience, they are surprisingly fast at times.. But then again, hotlapping is not the goal here.

They way today went was that when racing with PrestoGP guys, everything went smoothly (well, we got miscommunication with David, he went outside and my natural racingline was aiming at that spot too so i inadvertently blocked him, small contact, i let him pass, he let me pass later...), the racing was tight and no body did any depserate lunges, waited for a lap or two before making the pass while learning my weak spots.. Just like it's suppose to be done, i had a blast, i felt like i was driving a rocket, that much fun it was.. But non-members were divided in two: those who cared and those who didn't. I feel bad for those who cared since they had to suffer the most. We did bully the vote, didn't notice at the time.. We did vote when most people were on garage but we did discuss it quite loudly. We need to apologize that. But i do feel that the restarts was mandatory, the attitude was really dangerous, spinning from lo speed re-entry, car straight in to the main pack while trying to take advantage on the old missed-braking-turned-to-cutting-trick.. I was miles ahead, braked really safely, early and before turn to tight double line, this guy zoomed behind me and spun in front of me from a lo speed, car straight...He just slammed the throttle and couldn't keep it together, twice in a span of 5 seconds..

There were no practice starts, that would fix things right up but RD Club has a format that can not be changed, it really is sinking this big time.

I would also propose to not do this on the racing-club anymore.

This would have been awesome about 2 years ago though, but since then the racing club became more and more low-quality in regards of driving standarts. This is mostly due to lack of experience, as most experienced racers left for other communities and/or other simulators.

I suppose you guys did not know all that very well, since you guys mostly raced in the league, so I understand why you are surprised by all that :)

thanks for clearing that up dino, im shocked to be honest some of that was like i expect on a public server, i'll not be signing up for anymore, i couldve used my night to practise alone and wouldve had much more fun, i could even have eaten some razor blades and come out of it with a better feeling than i did after that race.

Gotta love Monza [sarcasm]; 12 second races are still the norm then. I feel sorry for those of you who knew where the brake pedal was and when it is best to use it. :whistling: Duck and weave....

Edit: The last League race at Monza was amongst my proudest PrestoGP moments; nearly perfect for everyone and with no bumps! Awesome.

I did a reinstall and everything is kind of working now. Have to restart steam everytime I want to start Race07 but that's not too bad. I'm having trouble getting rid of the visor. I've copied the file where I thought it was meant to go and managed to get rid of most of the visor, but I'm still getting bugs on the visor and needing to use the tearoffs. Help anyone? Thanks.

I did a reinstall and everything is kind of working now. Have to restart steam everytime I want to start Race07 but that's not too bad. I'm having trouble getting rid of the visor. I've copied the file where I thought it was meant to go and managed to get rid of most of the visor, but I'm still getting bugs on the visor and needing to use the tearoffs. Help anyone? Thanks.
I have the "no visir" .dll file. I hope I will remember when I come home :) I think I have placed it in RACE07 folder in steamapps.

EDIT: I have this file "mmg_f1_fpvisor.DDS" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07"

Vale, that is great news :)

Tim, I also use some the visor thing included with the mod, but must still use tear off's to get rid of bugs.

Steam: I too have had more problems with steam. After I though all was good it messed up again, I must have deleted and reinstalled the game 5 times. Now it seems to be working, but it has eaten up lots of my practice time. I will be prepared though :)

Try here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...-build-up-completely-what-about-helmet.34388/

Seems to be a link for the two files required and instructions. :) Post #6

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years