Season 8 Race MONTREAL '79 RACE Report

elizers start was great lol :D didnt hit anyone, made up loads of places.

That is because everybody else took it very easy due to the drivers meeting discussion before the race. So my point is, if we agree to take it super easy through t1 in the drivers meeting, we all have to do that. Obviously the front guys have to go for it, the safest contribution they can do is to get quickly through, but the further back the field you are the cooler we need to be. There was and understanding that we needed to "slot in" before t1 apex.

theres taking it easy and being processional nico.

eliezers start was faultless, the group was really slow due to seans excursion on the grass, there was huge amounts of room for eliezer to take advantage, i dont see the problem here, it wasnt agreed beforehand that we stay in the same grid positions through turn 1 it was agreed it would be taken easy, and eliezers start was easy.

It was a "mega" start from Eliezer. :)

Speaking about the overall performance, even with the reported small contacts and perhaps Sean's contribution, I thought the start was very acceptable. More "professional", and far less expensive, than many real life Formula one starts we have all seen in the past. It could have been better but that's racing....

The result we all want [I think] is for everyone to survive the start and then have some fun.

I wouldn't mind starting from the last row as it is the safest position intially. However, I never feel nervous anymore no matter where I am starting from. I have complete confidence in both my own skills and those around me to make the "right" decisions as required. A wet track might make me a little nervous. ;)

On a personal note, I had one of the THE most FUN races of all time. My final stint racing Andy for position for 10 laps or so was pure joy; It could have [or would have] gone horribly wrong had we been a slightly less skilled, talented and experienced group.

I think Eliezer did a clean overtake, he didn't touch me or anyone at all. I was slowing more than usual in that scary place because of my selfish wish to race all the 55 laps. I could have gone in harder to that turn. But an old truth is, you seldom win in the first corners of the race, and in the end I took the flag in front of Eliezer:)

Here is my report.

Q 20th
Disaster, rolled on the hairpin after touching it :(

R 14th
I started just behind Kennett who was slow to react at the green lights and was accelerating slowly, but managed not to run into him. Passed the first chicane without problems, and the second one in the grass in order to avoid blocking Nicolai, since I slowed down a lot before it to avoid Kennett car, but I managed to keep my position back on the track. I then put some pressure on Kennett and managed to pass him at the hairpin before the end of lap 1. I then try to chase Jonas but he began to be very fast after the first 2 laps and I wasn't able to be a menace for him. Then at the end of lap 5 I got a nVidia freeze :mad: and lost my place to Nicolai, but managed to stay in front of Sean.
Sean was now pressuring me and I made a mistake in lap 10 that made my car spin (TS 849) and lost my place. In lap 13 I almost ran into Kurt (TS 1067) that had spun. In lap 20 Jim tried to pass me at the inside after the "tunnel" (TS 1600).
I pitted at the end of lap 21 of a set of mediums/softs and 67 liters of fuel. My intention was to make another 21 laps with this, and then a last quick stint with super softs/softs and another 40 liters, but unfortunately I made a mistake later on that prevent me to do this.
Lap 23 (TS1840) : lapped by 2 furious guys :)
Laps 28-33 : nice battle with Gaetano. In the end I joined Valter but made a big mistake at the hairpin and broke my nose, and damaged my suspension. I pitted to repair, load with enough fuel to finish and change my tires (mediums/softs) so I can finish the race. My fast stint intention was gone then, I could only hope to finish this race in order to gain some points.
Nothing much happened after that except a nice battle with Eliezer for the 13th spot starting from lap 45 until the end of the race. I gave all I could in the final lap but I could manage to pass him. Well done Eliezer!

Thanks Nicolai for all hard work. CU at Melbourne.

PS : video report

Grats Tim , Reik and David and all finishers ! :)
Q 9TH
R: 6TH
strategy : 4/29 wings , softs and 63 litres fuel,,, thx Peter for the excellent setup base, thx Reik for the rear spring and rear antiroll setting and thx Valter for the camber settings....man ...the setup was great... so many engineers worked on it ;;; :)

I gained 1 position at the start when Sean fall behind then i spent the first 2 stints sandwiched between the 2 Jupilier cars, pushing hard to keep up with Jim at the front at the same time trying to stay away from the other one of Andy who was closing on me from behind , it was fun guys ...:)

The third stint was a very challenging one, after my second stop on lap 36 i came out in 5th when i noticed that Sean who started last is now behind me with only 5 seconds gap, that meant trouble, i was exhausted at this stage and he was still full of energy ... we spent the last 10 laps with close fight until the last lap when i did a small mistake at T2 and that was enough for him to make the pass ...it reminded me of our fight back in Abu Dhabi last year :cool: ...

Thanks to Nico as always and Grats to all the guys !!!

I made this short full HD video and captured randomly the action as it happened on track while I was fast forwarding..

@Nicolas: My start was really slow since i waited until the driver in front of me moved. If i would've taken my usual start, i would've ended up challenging but since we decided to switch to safety mode... The guy in front of me had something like 0.5s start delay...

elizers start was great lol :D didnt hit anyone, made up loads of places.

kimmos turn 1 probably shouldve been reported, it did nearly take bob off the track.

was definatly an eventfull race :)

Just checked my race replay. It was very close with Bob but there wasn't any contact see image and replay from this angle.So it was Bob's own show he play there he was that so carefully that he lost control...zzzzZZZZzzzzz

I also checked 13 lap by Jonas Lex and his driving really looks more like rallycross than F1, sorry. And please check especially his last turn of lap 11, that's tapping thought...also there's that last insident he just hit more gas until it's too late to avoid hitting my car, yellow flag swaying also :)

Anyway thats all, this league definitely needs practise races to practice racing with these monsters...not mandatory but official practice race for newbies.

no_contact.JPG

reik, if your not intrested in how hes blaming others each incident that was his fault then dont post or dont read the comments, simples, not everything i say has to be an arguement so saying not again means you think its obviously going to be an arguement, so do we get to the stage that we dont say anything?

im sorry but i post when i have something to say, thats what a forum is all about is it not? im not argueing with kimmo here, but again hes blaming others for his actions, i asked how can that be bobs fault?

hence why i made the question to kimmo "how can that be bobs fault?"

sorry reik that might have looked like a nasty comment to you but it wasnt, i just mean if people arent intrested in the discussion then stay out of it, im intrested because it looks like kimmo isnt taking the blame for anything and yet again he posts blaming others and still not letting go of jonas either.

You're right David, sorry mate! ;)

I just thought it would be better not to jump on this train again and I just fear that this nonconstructive debate is especially boring for those who don't comment on it but get disencouraged to write anything else about the race. Finally it's not fair for PrestoGP as a whole to spoil threads this way.

Don't get me wrong David, you're not the one to blame and I like your attitude more than I dislike it ;). I think Kimmo's posts have shown that he often thinks different in relation to the rest of the community. So as we all know about it now it could be better not to comment on strange posts anymore as it would only make the monster grow and grow and... :p

sorry reik that might have looked like a nasty comment to you but it wasnt, i just mean if people arent intrested in the discussion then stay out of it, im intrested because it looks like kimmo isnt taking the blame for anything and yet again he posts blaming others and still not letting go of jonas either.

Ha, ha our posts crossed. :) Until the opposite is confirmed I think Kimmo is out, because he said it in the other thread. That's why I thought that any further reaction doesn't make sence...

Just checked my race replay. It was very close with Bob but there wasn't any contact see image and replay from this angle.So it was Bob's own show he play there he was that so carefully that he lost control...zzzzZZZZzzzzz

You've pushed me definitely at 121.24 from behind!

But it was not so bad, so I over something like that, especially in the first lap,
look away.

What I think about your statements, however,
I am sorry to say,
from your personal character, you play in another league!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back