Season 8 Race MONTREAL '79 RACE Report

race report

Q: Had a good feeling after practising for this track so I drove out the pits and in T1 of the outlap directly into the wall, it was so ridicolous that it was almost funny again, so I had to drive the Q lap with a massive suspension damage, so I was happy to drive a 1:13

R: start in P16 went safe and well, even if I lost 1 position I think but in the following laps I was able to get up to P14 only by driving my race and overtaking drivers who had off track moments.
things continued to go well untill lap 12 when I bracked a bit too late at the end of the hairpin and bumped into Eliezer, sorry for that mate!
Then in Lap 13, P14 I had this situation with kimmo in which I lost my front wing and got a susp damage, so I pitted but unfortunately had a long repair time and came back in 18th I think.
In the following I tried to get some racing experience but I wasnt feeling well on the medium tires and was probably pushing too hard from time to time so I continued making mistakes untill I had to see that more than P16 wasnt possible
However happy about a safe start in the middle of the crowd and good first 12 laps.

Grats to Tim Reik and David for their podium finishes and thx to Nico for organizing and making sure the start would be safe.

Have you somehow missed the rule change we made at the begining of last season?? we don't use the pit limiter any more, no pit lane speed limit:)

Argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Yep, I missed that little detail. No wonder my pits have been soooooooooo.......freaking slow this season. I was fast yesterday, but not fast enough to spot 40 seconds to the field (20 x 2 stops). Won't make that mistake again.

Let's see... car pointed in the right direction all race...check...no pit limiter.....check....looking forward to the next race......check

Thanks a zillion Jim!

Grats to Tim Reik and David!

And thanks for the aerobatics you let me watch, young Turnbull:)

Q:11th. Better than expected.

R:11th.
My race was the best. So many things happening around me. I was like in a movie. Such things can't happen in a race driven by regular men.
Team mate Kurt kept me on my toes the first 12 laps. I was following closely but too slow to make a serious overtake attempt. I had Nicolas a few seconds behind a long time. Gaetano was first the rabbit, later on he chased me and took the 10th position at the end, nice clean driving Mr. 3000. And the dark blue car carrying a red helmet, Jonas I guess, was chasing me very hard. Young Turnbull lapped me and I thought, lets see if I can keep up. I had a lot of fun behind you David and after many laps you gave me an advanced Fone-car-flying lesson as a grand finale. The landing was not perfect but the stunt was awesome.

I must get the missing skins to next race. Where can they be?

Thanks Nicolai & Co and everybody for a very fun race:)

/JMV

Congratulations Tim, Reik, David and all that participated and finishers:)

I had never been in a race with so many small lags!
always in the height box exit - before the first chicane, it was particularly bad.
I think it has something to do with the race track because it belongs to the Race07 courses.
or I'm wrong?
because none of you had similar problems?

i hope next event is better in such laggy things

I'll do my race report soon, but first I will answer some "questions" :)

Bob Luneski:
Check out the first post in this thread to learn all the secrets of pit stopping:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/presto-gp-racing-guidelines.47158/
Also, congratulations with a great race performance, you acheived what I could not, and made a perfect race (no mistakes). That is what I call a positive contribution to the league :)

Bob Laube:
Personally I had no lag problem. I think the best way to analyse lag and sync issues is to study the server replay. I believe that will reviel each driver's lag-quality if you know what I mean. If you watch yourself on the server replay and it is laggy all the time you have a constant poor connection to the server, if it is laggy only at certain times... well, the reasons can be many, but my point is, the server replay is where to look for answers.

And that reminds me, I must upload the replays and results to mydrive, I will do that now and continue my post when that is done...

Great one Vale! :) I'm really impressed how quick you realized Jim's trouble. I would've been so much focused on my own race so I just would've seen a car in the gravel which I have to pass savely.

And the way how quick you resolved the situation is extra class! :)

I made my race report as a video this time, and it includes 3 parts.
Part 1 is the events of my race
Part 2 is 2 situations I think should be mentioned; Eliezer's start which strikes me as being different than everybody else's, one get the feeling that he has not updated himself on the drivers meeting thread prior to the race. The other situation is that Kimmo tapped Bob I think it was going into t1 and passed him due to the consequences, and I believe this is not reported either.
Part 3 is some nice pictures from lap 1

elizers start was great lol :D didnt hit anyone, made up loads of places.

kimmos turn 1 probably shouldve been reported, it did nearly take bob off the track.

was definatly an eventfull race :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing