• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Season 8 Race 9 Barcelona - Weather

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Daniel Hansson, May 10, 2012.

1. Daniel Hansson

Daniel Hansson

Ratings:
    +876
    Hello everyone.

For this race a wet race has been requested. The forecast is therefore a bit different this time.

Here's the first forecast:

Very unsteady weather is expected for the event, with rain almost a certainty during the race. I looks to be frontal weather with varying showers and cloudy conditions.

Do we need a second forecast on this? :)

• Like Like x 12
  2. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,902
    Thanks Thor :) And no.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    Thanks a lot Daniel, and I agree with Valter on the second forecast :)

4. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,278
    Thanks Daniel:)

we ask: rain rain rain rain is came:D or we prefer rain at MONACO. mmmmmm no Monaco is full of very nice girls and with rain them stay at home and not on the beach;):D

• Like Like x 3
  5. Kurt Kjellin

Kurt Kjellin

Ratings:
    +505
    Thanks Daniel:)

6. Daniel Hansson

Daniel Hansson

Ratings:
    +876
    Ok. No need for a second forecast.

7. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,278
    thanks anyway Daniel:)

8. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    yes, thank you Daniel :)

9. Nicolas Rouge

Nicolas Rouge

Ratings:
    +1,354
    That was perfect Daniel :)

10. Andy Paries

Andy Paries

Ratings:
    +143
    Nice one Daniel :)

11. Peter Marshall

Peter Marshall

Ratings:
    +1,386
    :thumbsup:

12. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    Amazing weather! Good job.

13. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    Greate job Daniel :)

14. Anthony Ishak

Anthony Ishak

Ratings:
    +1,123
    It was the exact formula that we have been awaiting for many races.
    I thought to say thank you to Daniel on my way by writing a small report so he can enjoy as well the superb weather that he created for this race. :)
    The rain went from wet to dry, then wet again then dry, the off path ranged between 55% when it was wet to 40% when it was totally dry.

i started on inters, 55 % wet , on path 55 %, of path 55% up to lap 12-13 when the rain slowly start easing to 40 % , on path 40% and of path was 50% ,i went in for softs.

from lap 14 to lap 25 the track start drying slowly with rain around 10 % ,on path 18 % and of path 45 % or so , end of lap 25 i went in for softs again,

lap 26 - 27 it was no rain at all i guess and showed zero rain , track 10% wet and of path 45% , then lap 30 onwards the rain hit back again and climbed quickly to 39 % , on path 37 % and of path 50 % and stayed so up to lap 40 when my 3rd stop was due . i went in for the final softs.

Lap 41 onwards the track start drying very slowly and by the end of the race the rain had stopped completely, on path 10% , of path 40 % ..

those figures not so accurate , of memory when each time i had the chance to quickly check the telemetry to see what was happening with the weather .

i would like to mention as well that the track did not dry quickly when the rain eased of or totally stopped and it felt much more slippery & much harder to drive on compared to the rain practice servers ; example when the track was 30 % wet i was around 5 sec slower than the time i was doing on the 30 % server with the same tires and same amount of fuel , but we had lots of fun , actually one of the best wet races so far :inlove: ...

Thanks a lot Daniel , great job :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 8
  15. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    120 degrees inters are much faster than 60 degrees softs but lasted only 12-13 laps.. I'm guessing most of you used one compound "dryer" tires: in the start inters when i went all wet (55% wet), then at 40% wet to softs when i switched to inters. What i noticed in the practice was very different, 60% is perfect for all wets and 35% is perfect for inters. I just find it funny that someone would choose dry tires in so wet conditions, they must've been just awful to drive.. no wonder i could keep up with the rest of you, even laptimes were good, in the starting laps i really was 8th fastest guy on track.... Almost flipped when i looked at laptimes at that point and saw a lot of slower times on table, had to count how many were faster.. EDIT: looked wrong...On L2 and L7 i was fourth fastest... There were battling and minor mistakes in between... On lap 12 i was third...