Season 8 Race 9 - Barcelona Drivers meeting

What about the other Bob, how are you doing? Are you all well and ready to race? We cannot lose 2xBob at the same time ;)

Looking at the time-sheet it can be a very exciting race, with all racers (ranging from Reik to Vale) are within 3 seconds. Adding the great possibillity for a wet race it is not easy to know how this will turn out, but with 18-20 focused drivers it can be a fantastic event.

At PrestoGP the battle for 16th place is as important as the battle for 1st, so "slower" drivers, please do not sacrifise your own battle to avoid holding up the faster cars that are lapping you. As long as you do not favor any drivers it will be the same for all. I say this because I often experience that drivers give away several seconds to allow me past without losing time, and when I am in a situation where I am being lapped, I get the same urge, that I at all cost will not interfere with the race leaders battle. Optimally I think the best way to lap a car is to make a passing move at first chance and then expect the driver ahead (the one being lapped) to make it very easy for you (I know I might be repeating myself here).

Guys

My situation has not improved, infact it's got quite a lot worse as I now have even more work to do along side my house rebuild:coffee:

The main problem is that I'm not living here, only working here, my PC is here in my office upstairs along with the wheel etc. but I'm working here until I can no longer hold my head up then driving back to our temp accomodation to cook,eat and sleep, I just can't fit any sim racing in, it's impossible

The temp place has no telephone line so I can't take the PC and work/sim race from there, plus I need to be here during the day to supervise the builders and work on the house myself

I don't think racing tomorrow is an option as I've not turned a wheel on the server yet

Please don't think I'm loosing my passion for racing or Presto, that is not the case, I've enjoyed this seasons events more than ever and I will be back when my life returns to normal (or close to normal)

Jim

What about the other Bob, how are you doing? Are you all well and ready to race? We cannot lose 2xBob at the same time ;)
I share your concern for the troublesome trend in the reduction of Bob's racing in major RD or PrestoGP series events. I'm going to try tomorrow, but the stye in my right eye has not yet fully healed. It painful and still tears up badly when I try and drive. I've not been able to practice because of it, but at least I know the track well. I'll have some time tomorrow before the race to see how things go. Maybe I'll get creative and tie a bandana to my glasses so when my eye tears up I can quickly reach up to grab the bandana to clear my eye of tears.Won't be fast, but I'll be there, and intend to be safe.and do as well as I can.

Looking forward PrestoGP is the best run league in the business and any proposals for joining RD leagues witha prmotion/demotion system can be anything but good for being able attract new drivers with a higher level of skill. I'd fully support efforts to make that happen.

Did some testing on the wet servers, lots of fun :) I couldn't see anything running behind Marko on the 70 wet server. Blind as a bat I was and trusting completely in Marko's braking skills not to run into him down the main straight, even though I was cautious.I couldn't even see the signs/ wall markings side of track. Several laps of eek!!:)

I thought i would mention this as I don't remember the spray to be a dense as it is now. Will be fun :)

Guys

My situation has not improved, infact it's got quite a lot worse as I now have even more work to do along side my house rebuild:coffee:

The main problem is that I'm not living here, only working here, my PC is here in my office upstairs along with the wheel etc. but I'm working here until I can no longer hold my head up then driving back to our temp accomodation to cook,eat and sleep, I just can't fit any sim racing in, it's impossible

The temp place has no telephone line so I can't take the PC and work/sim race from there, plus I need to be here during the day to supervise the builders and work on the house myself

I don't think racing tomorrow is an option as I've not turned a wheel on the server yet

Please don't think I'm loosing my passion for racing or Presto, that is not the case, I've enjoyed this seasons events more than ever and I will be back when my life returns to normal (or close to normal)

Jim
Hope you'll be back racing soon. I will practise hard to get the chance to beat you on your return :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back