Season 8 Race 8 BAHRAIN Incident Report

had an incident in t3 right after the start.
At the time i realy felt like i got pushed off track, but after watching the replay, it looks more like a racing incident.
It seems me an Vince accelerated out off the turn and our lines just came together, wich sadly ended off track for me.
**** happens i guess.

TS. 2105 incident with Marko.
The game suddenly minimized and looking at the replay it seemed the moment the game came back i suddenly appeared in front of Marko and he crashed , lost wheel and retired.
I am so so sorry Marko , i feel bad about that , you were looking good in the race , pity it did ended this way :(

TS :3972 incident with Valter
lap 23, we had close racing me and Valter approaching T1, i guess on worn tires he could not stop his car perfecty on time and we touched a bit , no problem at all Valter :) , we both kept going but Peter inherited 2 positions :p..

no other incidnets to report.

Even though Anthony doesn't mention our small incident, i like to do so.

TS 1592 (beginning of lap 17):

I'm on fresh tyres and pushing hard. I have a little draft down the main straight and go to the middle of the track whilest Anthony is still slightly infront. He doesn't make a defending move to the middle or inside so I slightly let the car drift to the laft side under braking, now next to Anthony. We had a slight side to side contact which luckiely didn't harm anyone but I feel more responsible for that, because there was no reason to drive back to the left again. I look like the bad boy in this situation. That situation frightend me, because a big fly off for both of us was possible there! :confused:

Sorry Thony! :redface:

TS :3972 incident with Valter
lap 23, we had close racing me and Valter approaching T1, i guess on worn tires he could not stop his car perfecty on time and we touched a bit , no problem at all Valter :) , we both kept going but Peter inherited 2 positions :p..
I'm very sorry for that overambitious move. You know my friend, late Sunday night I watched a film about "Senna". He explained that "if you don't go for a gap you'r no longer a racing driver". I owe you a place in the result table now, and there is little chanse for me to pay back my debt :( I hope you can forgive me. I feel a great shame for my mistake.

I also punted Kurt during braking for T1. I'm so sorry for that contact mate. One of the reasons for my mistake, besides old rubber was, I'm so used to follow you close from training runs, so my small reptile-brain just went in to autopilot mode. I am glad that the automatic system worked reasonably well as the contact wasn't so violent. I hope you didn't get any damage from the push.

I will check the replay tonight and eventually make some updates to this post.

Even though Anthony doesn't mention our small incident, i like to do so.

TS 1592 (beginning of lap 17):

I'm on fresh tyres and pushing hard. I have a little draft down the main straight and go to the middle of the track whilest Anthony is still slightly infront. He doesn't make a defending move to the middle or inside so I slightly let the car drift to the laft side under braking, now next to Anthony. We had a slight side to side contact which luckiely didn't harm anyone but I feel more responsible for that, because there was no reason to drive back to the left again. I look like the bad boy in this situation. That situation frightend me, because a big fly off for both of us was possible there! :confused:

Sorry Thony! :redface:

No problem Reik and thank you for mentioning this incident from the safety point of view and you are right :) , from my end i thought it was more fun the way it happened and no harm was done to anyone to be mentioned cause when we touched it felt more like the pressure from a long speedy trailer passing a mini car on the German highway :)...

I'm very sorry for that overambitious move. You know my friend, late Sunday night I watched a film about "Senna". He explained that "if you don't go for a gap you'r no longer a racing driver". I owe you a place in the result table now, and there is little chanse for me to pay back my debt :( I hope you can forgive me. I feel a great shame for my mistake.

I also punted Kurt during braking for T1. I'm so sorry for that contact mate. One of the reasons for my mistake, besides old rubber was, I'm so used to follow you close from training runs, so my small reptile-brain just went in to autopilot mode. I am glad that the automatic system worked reasonably well as the contact wasn't so violent. I hope you didn't get any damage from the push.

I will check the replay tonight and eventually make some updates to this post.

You were better then Senna today on this track my friend Valter trust me, you were racing like a pro without doing any mistake and kept the gap for less then a second to me for most of the time , weldone m8 :thumbsup: and i was enjoying every moment of our fight and you do not have to worry about this little incident at all :), it actually was funny the way it happened as for most of the second stint i was sweating to stay ahead of you guys as i was struggeling with the softs and i could see in my mirrors the close fight between you and Peter while closing on me and then with Nico joining you from behind i start thinking to myself oh dear now all 3 of you will pass me as my tires start giving up on me and then when this happned i start laughing because i could " HEAR" Peter saying while running away ...thank you gentlemen for this lovely gift :roflmao: .....:)

Valter was very consistent with his lap times. :thumbsdown: I was happy to be in eigth and to stay with him, but I could not wait for you guys. Actually, I murmured "oooh":speechless: as I passed and checked my mirrors to see that you were all OK; and also to see how close Nico, Andy, Eliezer were behind... Glad we all survived.:) But I thank you...

David and I made very small contact T1 L1. I don't think either of us were effected. I was a bit worried when I came out of it so well into 3rd, but after checking the replay it seems it was the contact between David and Sean (very nice work for both of you to survive with a little bit of sideways!) that let me slide past.

Other than that, no incidents to report.

Time: 2116
What: Collision with Anthony
How it happened: Anthony´s car had turned invisible and stopped in the short straight in second sector. I was running 275 km/h when suddenly I felt contact with Anthony´s car, which turned into visible at the same moment. I lost my front right tyre and my car spinned 180 degrees. I decided to retire as it was long way to go to pits and the car was so severely damaged that I could not have taken it to the pits without endangering other´s race.
How to avoid in the future: Before the impact I was looking at my pit stop presets, which prevented me from seeing that Anthony disappeared in front of me. Had I seen him disappearing I had probably taken my driving line from the left side of the road as a precaution. It might have prevented this accident, but I don´t think there´s much to learn for me from this accident though. Sometimes you just need to check your pit stop presets in the middle of the race, and it´s such a bad luck that this happened exactly at the moment I was doing that.

Having been in the position of ruining a race because of lag once (last RDGTC, first race, formation lap, final corner, two guys were affected, one got bad damage...) i know how bad the lagger feels... It's an awful sinking feeling.. And when it happens, there's so little you can do about it. Just watch in horror while the screen starts showing the race again.. Kudos to Anthony for not escaping after all cleared, these things happen, it's part of online gaming, when it happens to yourself, it's a struggle to get head cleared up for the rest of the race. I bet the next two-three laps afterwards you had a hard time of concentrating.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back