Season 8 Race 7 Shanghai - Setup thread

This "newer" circuit has an enormous amount of grip compared with what I remember from previous experiences. Although this track is "prettier" and has a far better and punishing final corner [yay], I personally feel that the "older" track was more challenging and even more fun; my car spent more time sliding sideways. That doesn't happen here...put foot down and go. :(

A lot less downforce is required; my wing is 4/ 25 [was 6/32 for the older circuit]

Anyhoo, this track will be "better" in the rain [optimism:cool:] and here is my setup used last night [Sun]. Use at your own risk. :)

P.S. rumour has it that Reik's Sepang setup is the G O. ;)

Attachments

• shanghai qual.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 327
P.S. rumour has it that Reik's Sepang setup is the G O. ;)

He, he :cool: Good guess!

Indeed I'll start my setup from the base of Sepang like you suggest and Mrako already did. ;)

It seems very likely that I'll have time to get in touch with the track on Friday night and hopefully some short race preparation further on in the weekend. So it'll be the earliest time I can post a setup. But I'm sure Marko's setup is a good one.

Edit: Would be great to see a decent lap here in the meantime but it's no must of course. :)

My game is a steam install so there was no userdata folder at all lol
I made one and a setup folder but no idea where steam is storing the setup files

However it is installed the folder should be there in Mydocs? one thing though, you might have to enter the game at shanghai and save a setup from within the game for it to create the shanghi folder in

:mydocuments/simbin/Race 07/userdata/carsetups/ >Shanghai

Jim

my documents/simbin/Race 07/userdata/carsetups/
plus trackname Like Shanghai, in this case: My Documents\SimBin\Race 07\userdata\carsetups\Shanghai. Remember to load them ingame using the car filter set to "Show All" in the setup loading screen, bottom left corner list.

You have already installed MAK F1 mod so you should have all the necessary folders in your Steam\steamapps\Race07. Study them, the most used after Locations is Teams where the car mods go (rFactor has very similar folderstructure, should be familiar...) UIData has menu buttons for car classes, nationality flags etc.Steam\steamapps\Race07\CustomSkins folder is not used and autocreated, the default ingame car skin templates are there but they are duplicated in the My Docs...\Customskins ..

In My Docs there are REPLAYDATA where all your replays are stored. TIMEATTACK is the same, your offline TIMEATTACK files are stored there, just remember that MAK F1 doesn't support Time attack mode (grip is around 75% compared to any other game modes :rolleyes: ...) Minidump is self-explanatory so let's dig the My Docs...userdata folder:
- [profile name] = includes the all important [profile name].PLR file, you may need to modify this in the future like enabling MoTec telemetry data gathering etc..
- Controlset = controller settings. This file that has a suffix RCS has some hidden FFB settings in them, like balance of front/rear tire imformation sent to the steering column and how much grip/body gives information (both set to 60/40 in my case...). I can post a great guide for setting the FFB editing the controlset file directly... F1 is also high Steering Force mod so turn down your FFB ingame, most here use around 75% of FFB (simulated effects) and Steering Force (real steering column movement). I use 75 on both with Momo black.
- CarSetups = setup data is stored here, each track has it's own folder where the files are in. You need to remember this location since some of the settings are hidden like 3rd spring settings and engine mappings... I use the Setup Editor, try searching it, don't have the link available right now. Ingame setups are sorted via two filter, track and cars. Since MAK F1 has different teams, most setups here show themselves in the ingame list only if you use the "Show All" car filter.
- Music = If you want to use your own music ingame, copy your favourite MP3/WAV/WMA files here.
- LOG = If you edit the "Save Verbose Data" line to "On" in your PLR file, you get the results of every session stored here. There are 3rd party softwares that compile that data in to neat packages, like here: Silverstone Results If you don't set that line only the last session is stored. In most olline races you will be advanced to "End Results" session so your race results are deleted.. Not useful to set if you're not going to use the results later.
- Screenshots = lol.... Use F12 to take screenshots ingame, you'll find them here.
- ReplayTempFiles not important, the game handles this folder independently so it should not contain more than a dozen temp files.

That should cover everything needed to get use to Race07 file system, it's very similar to all other gMotor2 titles like rFactor... Some names are different and locations may differ, the same logic is used.

Sorry missed out yesterday. I indented to race but sometimes...

lol...:p
0_50u_IMG1759.png

However it is installed the folder should be there in Mydocs? one thing though, you might have to enter the game at shanghai and save a setup from within the game for it to create the shanghi folder in

:mydocuments/simbin/Race 07/userdata/carsetups/ >Shanghai

Jim
Thanks Jim

I was looking in the wrong install folder i.e. steamapps not the simbin folder in documents :rolleyes:

Ok, after some more laps with a new setup based on Istanbul using lower wings I drove a new PB now. The car could be a bit nervous compared to the setup before, so like at Sepang I'm uncertain which one to use as a base for the race. In Sepang I used the "high-wing" version for race but not sure if this goes best here, too.

Attachments

• Reik-Shanghai2012-F1-ba.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 328

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back