• Little Aussie Racing Cars: For when three-wide around a hairpin isn't quite close enough.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Season 8 Race 7 SHANGHAI Incident Report

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Valerio Vinassa, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,165
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andy Paries

Andy Paries

Ratings:
    +143
    No incidents to report.

3. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    No incidents. Couple of close calls, one with Jim in T2 and one with Anthony in T1.. First one was too wide entry, slipped to grass and tried to keep it in control, touched Jims sidepod in re-entry which was not safe but slow. I was trying to minimize the timeloss, thought i had more room to keep the position.. Second mishap, i spun on T1 and tried to get out of way with quick reverse, that was the wrong direction and i guess blocked the inside racingline. Anthony took it really safe, he was far outside so no touches. Sorry for both, glad that the touch on Jim was so light

• Like Like x 2
  4. Eliezer Bartik

Eliezer Bartik

Ratings:
    +188
    No incidents :)

5. Peter Marshall

Peter Marshall

Ratings:
    +1,386
    No incidents to report :)

6. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    I hope I had nothing to do with Bob's retirement, I'll check the replay. Other than that I cannot remember anything important, although I might have touched others without consequences, I'll study the replay though.

I think I touched Kennett when I was about to pass him on my outlap after last pit stop, so I let him regain the position (which lead to Jim exiting pits right ahead of me a lap later :) )

7. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,165
    Incident me and Bob Luneski , I tried to overtake but hit with my front wings Bob's rear left wheel
    I know this incident cost us follow little train of cars, :( so sorry mate.

Lap 1
    Time 187.02
    T 11

8. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +5,628
    no incidents to report.

9. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    Didn't even notice ;)

10. Anthony Ishak

Anthony Ishak

Ratings:
    +1,123
    No incidents :)

11. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    Lap 27: I was right at your tail when you lost tracktion (and thus time) in the second last corner (hair pin) and I gently touched your rear right. Nothing happened, but I delayed the throttle to let you have the position :) But this does not classify as an incident, so:

No incidents to report.

12. Jonas Lex

Jonas Lex

Ratings:
    +1,018
    No incidents to report

13. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    Now i saw it on replay, thought that my rear stepped out again, it had a habit of doing that. Too bad you lost a position there.

14. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,281
    TS 230 start of lap 2

I was running very close to Andy as we went around T1 it got a little too close so I tried to back off a bit, but I screwed up with an earlier than usual downshift, lost the rear and went around, Nico R right behind had no chance to avoid me and then he got hit by Nico N who also had nowhere to go

In short: it was totaly my fault and I caused a problen for both Nico's, I don't think it cost them a lot of time but the most inportant thing is, I hope it didnt do you guys any damage?:(

Sorry, Jim

No other incidents:)

15. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,281
    not a big deal mate:) no worries

Jim

16. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    No problem for me mate, I gained 2 positions ;)

I hope I didn't cause damage to Nicolas when I "nudged him in the right direction".

17. Marko Vuori

Marko Vuori

Ratings:
    +937
    No incidents to report. :)

18. Nicolas Rouge

Nicolas Rouge

Ratings:
    +1,304
    No damage for me. I'll check the replay this week end but I don't rememeber some incident worth reporting there.

19. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,902
    No incident that I can remember now except for an unintentional tap from behind by Nicolas that gave me a light rear suspension damage. That didn't matter so much because we had only a few laps left of the race. I consider it a racing incident. I enjoyed our duel mate:)

I can thank Valerio and Kennett for not colliding, they anticipated my wide lines in overtaking, and sometimes made me look like a rookie:)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,673
    no incidents to report :)