Season 8 Race 6 Sepang - Weather

Gaaahhhh.....
Sorry guys, but I forgot to post the first forecast. The weather hasn't slipped my mind, because I've been thinking and planning for the second forecast. I've just forgotten to post the first one. So sorry for that.

Here is the first forecast (way too late, but anyway...) :

The rain in Malaysia can be very heavy and hit frequently. The chance for rain during a session is 45 %. Showers are dominant, and can be as heavy as they can be. Since the rain cells are quite small there is also the possibility of the rain just brushing the circuit. Otherwise the shower usually lasts in the region of 15-40 minutes.

The second forecast will be post tomorrow at 20 CEST, which is 18 GMT.

--------------------

Thanks for being so forgiving mates :)

Here is the second as promised:

For all of the sessions we have a pretty high risk for showers. They are expected to be about 10-30 minutes long, and with heavy intensity.

Thank you Daniel,
I hope for another wet-ish practice session. I very much enjoy[ed] running around on the track in wet/ damp conditions with the rest of the league even when it is not actual race conditions. A rare joy it was at Melbourne. :)

I will go in "blank" ;)

Can't see a wet server Nico?

I've tried splashing about offline but its no fun on your own:(

Actually.... I can't see any servers at all now:confused:

Jim

Nico

Did you say the server we were on tonight was 70% wet? if so for me it was deffo full wets and still difficult enough, earlier I tried inters on the same server and could not get them warmer than 150f (sorry I'm in old money) and was 4 secs slower than on full wets

Jim

Did you say the server we were on tonight was 70% wet?

If 70% wet means "condition=70.00" like you'd find it in the weather.txt then it could only have been damp or very light rain, so even inters should be too hot after a while.

Maybe he talked about a value being read out by his telemetry tool? I'm not sure where those different telemetry tools take their values from (like on path wettnes or off path, and so on...).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back