Season 8 Race 6 SEPANG RACE Report

I think I don't tell a secret that the green car was Bob's one. :) I saw him coming in the mirror so I could open him the middle lane.

I have to give in that I have been a very lucky guy in this race. :)

But I also like to mention that my defensive driving through the first stint made me survive. You can see a scene in this vid, where Gaetano puts his nose on my inside entering T5 (quick left hander). I was surprised about this move but immediately decided to let him through just to be safe. For my personal taste he was attacking hard all the time, so I didn't want to be infront of him but wait until the "problem" gets solved by itself. :)

well i think bob may have to try and calm down a bit to be honest, not only does he hit a toyota in t1, he hits you in t3 then nearly takes a few drivers out with a crazy late lunge and drift, then again at t1 he hits you again on lap 2.

calm down bob :)

well i think bob may have to try and calm down a bit to be honest, not only does he hit a toyota in t1, he hits you in t3 then nearly takes a few drivers out with a crazy late lunge and drift, then again at t1 he hits you again on lap 2.

calm down bob :)

It has absolutely nothing to do with calming down. It has everything to do with my incompetence, or at least lack of preparation and experience transitioning from wet to dry.

I had a great deal of trouble adjusting from the rain in practice, qual and warmup to dry in the race. I was missing every braking point for several laps. First I was braking way way too early screwing people up behind me, then I was braking way way too late and applying too little pressure making it appear in the video that I was diving into people. The video looks a lot worse than it felt or I would have reported it myself. (except the hot entry into the middle @ the hairpin, that felt really bad and I was lucky not to have screwed up other peoples races as a result)

David, I would hope that my previous races demonstrate that I am not in the habit of intentionally doing things that "takes a few drivers out with a crazy late lunge and drift". It is not anything I was trying to do. I'm not proud of it and it's not representative of my style of driving in past races nor my driving after I made the adjustment.

To those whose race I negatively impacted in the first few laps I am greatly sorry.

Thanks, but I am going to worry about it. I was feeling pretty good about the race until I saw the video. I had absolutely no right to be feeling anything other than embarrassed and ashamed. Everyone else had the same changes in weather conditions, yet I was unable to gracefully adapt. It doesn't matter that I didn't take anyone out, I could have and that makes it unacceptable. 40 laps of solid driving doesn't make up for 2 laps of chaos.

Sorry2.jpg

Since racing in PrestoGP I had this strange issue one time. I had to lap Gaetano and all I could see was his name tag (no car, no shadow). He was quick and it was hard to guess where he wanted to let me lap.

I have no clue where this bug is comming from. I only sometimes had slight issues with some single transparent parts of few cars but seeing nothing of a car only once.

Have seen it before couple of times. Very scary driving around a ghost.. Rare bug, maybe once a year-

Grats Nicolas For pole Reik and David and all finishers! :cool: and thanks Nico and RD !!
Q 10th i think made wrong choice in tires i went inters and by start of lap the were blue lol
R 3rd 6/32 wing medium tires both stops.

Race was great fun 1st few laps were great fighting for positions alot of passing, managed to settle when chasing Nico but i followed him off track which cost me a few places. Had some good battles with most of you guys, i especially remember a good pass with Anthony into t1. Really enjoyable a good track to drive and race
Medium tires for me worked best in testing giving fast times through stint and up till end of stint to.

Cyas in china should be just as good a race another good track for racing :)

Hello Mates! :)

First that all, Congrats to Sean for win Nurburgring
Congrats to Tim for win Montreal
Congrats to Reik for win Melbourne ( nice! 2 place Nico ) and Seapang
Congrats to Nicolas for his pole!

Q-12, no practice on wet :eek:

R-10, Race was nice, a little bit out of performance, I make mistake on my first pit stop, spend about 15sec for parking :confused:, nice battle with Marko, Eliezer.. I will try to find more time for practice for Shanghai

thanks to all
see you all next event

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back