Season 8 Race 5 Melbourne - Weather

Hi everybody.

For Melbourne we have the following first forecast:

20 % is the chance of rain occuring during a session. Showers are most common here, with medium to very high intensity.

The second forecast is going to be posted on the tuesday before the race, at 21 UTC, which is 20 CET.

-------------------------

The second forecast for the event in Australia:

Generall: Pretty nice weather, but with varying possibility of showers. The showers are about 10-30 minutes long and can be quite heavy.

Practice: Medium risk for showers.

Qualifying: Medium risk for showers.

Warmup: Low risk for showers.

Race: Low risk for showers.

Practice weather was interesting.. Humidity stayed high after the rain so the track never got under 73% offpath while onpath was 0% at the end of session... It did go close to monsoon but stayed driveable, 84% at max, AFAIK +90% is red flag conditions... Usually when there are puddles in track, it's full wets and when onpath drops under 60% it's intermediates but because the offpath stayed so wet it was very tricky ;)

Yes, fabulous weather in the Practice session. I was on the track when the clouds "moved in". It got darker and darker and I am convinced there was lightning flashing around. And then I aqua-planned off the track at turn 13.... :) Into the pits....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back