Season 8 Race 5 Melbourne - Setup thread

That's actually demoralizing video.. You brake at 50m board where i break at 100m... In turn 5 you're switching to 6th gear whie i can just about switchto 5th... Totally in a different league.

EDIT: Ok, we had quite a different gearing but the effect is still there. One gear higher in most corners..

I brake just at or after 100 boards Kennett and i try and be slight early on brakes so to get apex right to power out i dont think its so important to be the latest braker, :) i think hard to see in video full speed. I think fastest way round lap is smooth fast out turns and and being on racing line. Also turn 5 is full throttle if get turn in right i use the small extra tarmac on the left to get my turn in timed correctly. The more laps you do the more you will improve, Melbourne is 1 of my all time most practised tracks so dont feel to bad :)

I use same tire compound now. Only a late warning on last lap(16):) Thanks Nicolai.
In my tin box the compounds for the front changes to same as rear when I go from Q to race session.
Do you guys have the same phenomena.

Finally got the setup issues sorted.. With just couple of clicks the car started to almost turn by itself... I had engine brake map too low and too soft diff settings. Raising power and coast by 5 sorted the braking problem, now i can turn in with confidence. Maybe i can even turn pressure up a bit, i did tweak brake and throttle pedal curve.. I closed my eyes and imagined of driving and when i thought i had 50% power and brake i open my eyes and adjusted the curve to fit. Feels a lot better now. DXTweak is wonderful tool, first time that i had to really use it for other than check spiking..

Only thing bothering now is that when i got to the final third of the stint, around lap 13, the rear starts feeling very light and the change does happen quite sudden. Have to do more race practice to correctly spot the small changes in behaviour. Otherwise the drop-off can create a surprise and there's not a lot of room for errors.

Edit: It worked.. Took fuel out and changed to super softs: 1:24.027 and it wasn't even a perfect lap. And just checked that it's 47 lap race.. So L13 tire drop-off isn't quite that bad... I was thinking that i need to do ~18 lap stints.. :)

Attachments

• Race B.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 185

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years