Season 8 Race 3 Nürburgring - Setup

This thread wasn't here so... It is now..

I used the setup from this post, did manage to do low 1:29:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...urgring-setup-thread.23529/page-2#post-757759

I need to soften things here and there but it worked nicely...Compared with MoTec and it gave better graphs than my own Silverstone modified. So much less grip that i need to be careful, not expecting a lot of improvement but hopefully i gain more trust and confidence into the car.

EDIT: Link fixed

Roughly what wings are people using? I think I will modify Reik's Silverstone setup, because it was so frequin' good :)
Low wings is always mandatory I think. :( The racing is much better if we all use the same amount. I found Silverstone quite boring driving mostly by myself. It was more fun chasing when I can.

3/ 23 for me. Assuming the Add on track. But I usually see them Blue Flags so....

Attachments

• Nurby_qual1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 323
Thanks for the diff hint, it did the trick. For the first time i could hit the limiter in the backstraight, didn't have to wait for the car to settle before flooring it. 1:29.7, not going to get a lot off, best sectors combined 1:29.2. If i'm too slow then i'm too slow to compete. I don't mind if that's the case this round, just need to practice more to the next one.. Race pace predicted to be in the 1:30s..

Got a problem with my wheel, in the cogs from motor axle to first wheel has too low contact. I modified my cockpit, angled the tabletop to get more vertical steering wheel angle, much better and my wrists don't twist so badly but.. When testing i used 100% force and while turning sharply from 11 to 10 o'clock, it hopped teeths. So i'm not confident in the equipment now.. Fortunately i know ho to fix it: move the motor down by 0.2mm, quick job, need one small file (or small drillbit.. hmm i have that...) to stretch two holes and realign the motor just a tad down..I've known about this possibility since i bought the wheel, it seeme even then to sit too high, the teeths just touch instead of getting a full contact and taking wear into account, it starts to slip. It's the main torque point and the first to go horribly wrong. And i don't want to blow those teeths off, it can happen so easily.

EDIT: Got the wheel fixed, whoah what a relief. I opened the motor screws, pushed the motor down and screw it tight.. It lost some of the cog-noise that it had started to make too, it now sits on the silicone layer thightly, it's accurate again. Nice.

Here's my so far best setup. It's very much of last year's setup and it gave me a new PB. :)

Here's the vid.

Roughly what wings are people using? I think I will modify Reik's Silverstone setup, because it was so frequin' good :)

You may be carefull with this setup. Silverstone had more grip than other tracks so the setup was a bit harder than usually. But maybe it's good on other tracks too. :)

Here's my lap, again no sound but i superimposed telemetry on it. The indicators are divided to columns:
Left: Ride heights and lap time, next to those are Front diff and the important one, Rear diff (difference of left tyre and right tyre speeds)
Left Center: FL & RL lock up indicators (flash red when ground speed is 30km/h faster than tyre speed) and RL tyre slip bar (ground speed compared to wheel speed).
Center: Top is the yaw rate inverted and then basic brake, steering wheel and throttle positions.Inverted yaw rate shows the rotational force, ie where the car is turning and how much. If the bar stays at the same place but the steering wheel is still turning, that's a sign of understeer.
Right center: FR & RR lock up indicators and RR tyre slip bar
Right: Gear, speed dial and number

Watch it in 720p.

I just want to find is there some basic driving techinques i do wrong, do i brake too soon/ early, turn in too late etc.. There are lot of tiny lockups, that didn't happen in Silverstone but the grip is much lower, 0.95 vs 1.160 and the track much bumbier. Excuses excuses, i know. The recorded lap is 1:29.8 and was an usual lap, nothing special, that's how i've driven until now.

EDIT: Oh, forgot, i put an experimental indicator in top of steering wheel. It flashes red when my steering wheel is pointed at different direction than yaw rate, ie the car is going left and my steering input is going right. It has quite ow threshold so it may blink in straights, i'm still getting to know that fellow better..

and i seem to have forgot to change either of the diff bars, they both show the front or rear diff.. My Vegas stopped producing previews so i had to do this almost blind..

Here's my so far best setup. It's very much of last year's setup and it gave me a new PB. :)

Here's the vid.

You may be carefull with this setup. Silverstone had more grip than other tracks so the setup was a bit harder than usually. But maybe it's good on other tracks too. :)

Oh dear - I completely forgot to attach the setup! :confused: Well it was late in the night. :rolleyes:

I'll attach it this evening when I'm home again...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%