Season 8 Race 2 Silverstone - Setup

I have run a couple of 17 lap stints on soft compund. On 15th lap I get the tire warning. There is no particular handling problem on the last two laps.
Yesterday I used the same setting with medium compound, 17 laps, I get no warn tires warning. On the 14th lap I got serious trouble with slowing down. When I begin to steer in the car wants to spin and it's not possible to brake at the usual(reasonable early) point without spinning. I find this very strange?

Both compounds makes the left side temps go over 110ºC.
I use an old Jereh setup with some small softening adjustments.

thanks for the setups guys, i hope i wasnt taken the wrong way in the other thread about setups, i usually use reiks setups and modify them to my own style, i had mostly reiks setups to my own liking for near all tracks we use but i had to reinstal the game and the one thing i forgot to do was save my setups folders so im back to zero setups atm and tbh ive still no clue how to set a car up to a specific track :confused:

These setups are just brilliant.. Never has my F1 being so easy to drive, it doesn't skip along the bumbs at all and the amount of power i can keep coming out of corners is just astounding.. I did few 10 lap stints and apart from left front getting a beating i got to 1:17.2.. Something i didn't think was even possible for me to do two days ago. I need to study them in notepad to see what's the trick..

One funny thing was, i did my usual braking point checks in time attack but these setups don't work at all in that mode.. It understeered heavily, couldn't get even one lap together but if i had, i estimate that i would've been 1:23.. 2 gear corners had to be taken with 1st gear, the first bend barely with 5th gear and half a throttle.. Very interesting indeed.

Could be true Peter. As far as i know the inters and wets are a softer compound because in the rain it's colder and you want more grip. But on such grippy tracks they can overheat quickly.

On the 14th lap I got serious trouble with slowing down. When I begin to steer in the car wants to spin and it's not possible to brake at the usual(reasonable early) point without spinning. I find this very strange?

Would you like to post the setup you used in this situation? I'd like to have a look in it and see if I can find a cause... :) (just a try)

Here's my latest setup which helped me to drive a new PB today. :)

After driving some consistant laps I captured a live video again. It's a 1:14:0xx wich reflects the same style and line like I had some laps before when driving the 1:13:6xx. There are just some slight mistakes but maybe it's helpfull for some drivers. :)

Attachments

• Reik-Silver2012-F1-ab.svm
    2.6 KB · Views: 405
After seeing how much faster Sean was than me in various parts of the track I knew I had to give up my own setup and becom a Reikian as well :) And I am glad I did. Usually I feel that the speed from Reik's setup comes at a cost; namely a greater chance of making mistakes over a long run. This time however, I must say I have never driven a better balanced car, so thank you very much Reik, your setup is highly recommended :)

I will post my race-version of it when I get home :)

Great 'n smooth driving Sean! Well done! :)

Edit: In my qualy setup the engine brake mapping looks like this: "EngineBrakingMapSetting=2"

You may want to change it to "3" or "4" (4 is maximum value) for the race. Otherwise the cars tail could have a high tendency to oversteer in the latest braking phase when turning in the car.

Other things like softening some values in the rear and adding few clicks to the rear wing also often help me to get the car driveable for a whole stint. Of course tyre temps have to be raised here and there to prevent too much overheating. I do those things in general when transfering the q-setup into a r-setup.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back