Season 8 Race 2 Silverstone - Drivers meeting

What i meant was that for new member of league, a lot of information is missing. Since you guys know from previous seasons what happens and when, where to get official track DL links etc. Some of the info was buried somewhere for ex second page, third post and in the wrong thread, something that happens very easily among friends that are having a discussion.. It's not really fair for new guys to have to read everything, including past seasons A good example: server records only qualy hotlaps, that info was not anywhere, i did read every post in this season.. Constructive critisicm ;)

I did have the wrong view at first, i know a lot of leagues that says "everyones welcome" but don't actually want anyone new in. One tactic to accomplish that is to bury the info... This is not one of those.

Nicolai has added a lot of those missing bits and we are having a conversation where has become very clear. I really, really like this league so far, everything is tested for over many seasons and you guys are lightning fast.

A good example: server records only qualy hotlaps, that info was not anywhere, i did read every post in this season.. Constructive critisicm ;)

Acctually, that info is quite new to all, because we didn't use to have practice session servers, but this season I added them because some of the guys wanted a super long practice session. Also, qualify is the only place to do your pb because of the superior grip level, so nobody noticed/cared that the practice session didn't record best times until new guy Jonas came along... :)

But I do not mean to argue your constructive critisicm, as I said in the pm's I would like to "use you" to gather the needed information in various sticky threads.

Now I'll make a thread for racing guidelines. Keep the missing info-info comming :)

Just a quick question about the weather , how is ggoing to be for this race? any forecast or it will be a kind of a surprise during the race?

thx :)

Good question :)

If Daniel does not have too much time I will be happy with just a % chance of rain in qual and race (e.g. 25% chance of rain in q and 25% chance of rain in race) and then we'll see what happens on Wednesday.

Few facts: I'm really novice at this stuff. I literally have the situation of a driver who's driven in GT classes, really lucky to get to the points, sometimes showing some speed but not enough. Consisted performances, no real hi's or lo's. Then he's tested F1, i would estimate over 1000km with a real challenging track. Suddenly gained a lot of speed with new setup (it's llke a different car to me...) and am allowed to race with temporary super license. I'm really effing nervous. That would be the simulated situation...

So if it's all right for everybody that if i do only an installation lap in qualy? A recon lap for the new guy and new team, so to speak. So i'll start at the last grid position. I'll keep my distance to a level that i feel comfortable, i'm visualizing 200m distance at min for the first 5 laps, if there's a spin, i will not cahllenge overtakes. Then well let the gaps move naturally, if i stay behind then i do, if i gain then i will. But i'm not really challenging anyone, only 150% sure overtakes.. I'm late joiner who are faster than he can handle, i'm absolutely amazed and thus out of my comfort zone. If i'm too slow for races,then i am, i'll keep practicing. Wouldn't take offense for 107% rule and special expection, like in F1...

EDIT 107% rule would be in the range of 1:17 in qualy but i'll do it in online practice, one team pre-qualy.... Is that ok for everyone?

Man, you have the perfect intentions! :) Stay here, drive with us, have fun with us and improve together with us. :)

As I said, your intention is right so don't worry to much. I'm sure you know how to race, no matter if it's a F1 or a Mini. The way you want to aproach is absolutely well choosen and I'm sure you're getting a good feeling very soon and you may have some good battles, too.

Did I mention that we all make mistakes? :)

So how many laps can we expect for todays race?
Do I understand it right that there will be no rain for todays race as there hasnt been a forecast and no rain servers?

So how many laps can we expect for todays race?
Do I understand it right that there will be no rain for todays race as there hasnt been a forecast and no rain servers?

I think we are looking at 51 laps... That's the only number mentioned :) I'll update the calendar with laps soon, but 51 at Silverstone.

As for weather, we all have the same information, what you can read in the weather thread. What I understand from that is that there is a chance that Daniel will provide use with a weather file that gives us a 25% chance of rain in qual and 25% chance of rain in race, and there is a chance he will not. iow chance of rain in qual is between 0%-25%, and the same for the race :)

I will of course inform all if I get a weather file and update the probabillity.

I thought there would be a forecast thread or something a few days before the race so thats a bit of a surprise to me :)
However I hope for dry weather because Ive never really driven in the wet

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back