Season 8 Race 1 Istanbul - Drivers meeting

Yes, that is possible, as a matter of fact the reason why those stats are missing for a few races is that you and Reik are not the only once that are lazy. But I know many like those statistics, so I will fix that tonight, as well as uploading replay to mydrive.

If nothing else the results at least are posted at PrestoGp.com for those who have not noticed :)
thx Nico looking forward to it :)

Istan1.jpg

Hey Nico, ive got your email yesterday at 20h58.
Guess something went wrong there.

Did anybody else experience a delay in receiving the email? I think these things happens, it can be a hold-up on any server the e-mail travel through. Bob Lu. did not receive the email until later, but that was because I had forgotten to include him in the email-list, but that is taken care of now.

In such a situation one can (as Bob Lu. and Andy did):
-ask another league member
-post in the forum
-send the rd an e-mail

How did everyone experience the graphics at Istanbul? What I am thinking of is that we so often have problems with individual lag, graphic freeze etc.

The reason I mention this is that I noticed that through my practice and race and everything I never experienced any graphic problem of any sort, and I am curious if the same is the case for others?

The only thing I noticed was that all cars were suddenly standing for a second whenever someone joined the server wich Ive not experienced so far.
But that wasnt a real problem because it only happened in Practise, besides that everything was fine

All in all I had no graphics problems like I'm used to. I never get big freezes or stuttering, as long as my PC doesn't make any senceless things like programm updates or virus scans besides running the game. :)

I just remember a very small graphics issue on one or two cars. The biggest graphics issues with other cars I ever had, happend on Nurburgring (GP version and Nordschleife). That time many cars were invisible or some parts of them and sometimes I didn't see parts of my cockpit. Could it be a broblem with my PC having not enough RAM? I have 2 GB.

@Jonas: A little freeze when a car is joining is normal, because your game loads the skin then and in some cases they are much bigger than standard skins. That's why joining in qualy is a critical thing for others and therefore not gentleman like.

How did everyone experience the graphics at Istanbul? What I am thinking of is that we so often have problems with individual lag, graphic freeze etc.

The reason I mention this is that I noticed that through my practice and race and everything I never experienced any graphic problem of any sort, and I am curious if the same is the case for others?
I use a HD4850 and 4GB RAM. I have had a few invisible cars on rare occasions. I can't remember something like that during any of our league races.
My plan is to replace the card soon and get capacity for three monitors.

@Jonas: A little freeze when a car is joining is normal, because your game loads the skin then and in some cases they are much bigger than standard skins. That's why joining in qualy is a critical thing for others and therefore not gentleman like.

To add on Reik's comment:
I think this can be adjusted in the option, if the game should load new arrivals/skins a) immediatly (causes lag)b) when you stop the car or c)when you are in garage.

I am guessing that in practice session these settings does not apply, since you say that you have not experienced this before.

Generally, no graphic issues. PC: AMD 4 core, 4 gig Ram, ATI 5870 1Gig. It is nearly always smooth apart from the normal car joining/ loading "jump".

I do see a small skip/ lag occassionally with Valerio, but otherwise I would say the overall internet lag has improved [reduced] over the years. i.e. overall it is far better now than when we first started.

At times in the past I have had the entire grid of invisible cars; never with a league race though, only the dreaded public race. Last time was Jim's Nurburgring Fun run 2011 with the open Presto server. I had to quit and watch that one. :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back