Season 8 Race 1 Istanbul - Drivers meeting

We can make it compulsory to declare in this thread that one have prepared oneself for t1/lap 1 and deem oneself safe, perhaps say what one have done to be safe :) No decleration, no race... my suggestion. I always worry most about the silent guys.
I did some practice laps over the weekend, not many but I feel confident enough to not get "too excited" or being too greedy/ dangerous at the race start.I feel attitude is more important than practice but feel free to disagree. :)

My best time was only a 23.7 on low fuel and I managed 26's with 60L and medium tyres. Might try out the soft compound before the race.

Nico, can you please post (again) the calculation example so we know the race length for istanbul and can calculate it ourselfs for the following events?

Nothing secret about this Peter. All old Presto chauffeurs know this two stop strategy on softs is the fastest option in most cases. I guess this is useful for our new drivers. We can consider this info sort of a welcome to them:)

If I get my new throttle pedal potentiometer in time I will surely try to give you a match:) The original pot is flapping up to 30% of the scale in a rather high frequency during pedal in idle position.

Nico, can you please post (again) the calculation example so we know the race length for istanbul and can calculate it ourselfs for the following events?

Ehh, yes, calculations... I don't remember them exactly :)
However, Istanbul, I am guessing a race pace of roughly 1:26?

In that case I would say 4000sec/86sec = 46,5laps
(4000 seconds = 66min and 40 sec, then u have to add 2 pit stops, about 90 sec?!)

If we have 46 laps I am guessing the race will be approx 1h8m, with 47 approx 1h10m

Time is flying so fast by, and it is suddenly only 8 days left before round 1 starts :eek:

So where are we at?

According to my papers we have 22 drivers confirmed for the league, namely:

1.Andy
2.Anthony I
3.Bob La
4.Bob Lu
5.Brian
6.David McC
7.David T
8.Eliezer
9.Helder
10.Jim
11.Jonas Lex
12.Kurt
13.Mark
14Nicolai
15.Nicolas
16.Peter
17.Reik
18.Sean
19.Tim
20.Tom
21.Valerio
22.Valter
23.Vincenzo

Gaetano and Cristian I think intend to join, but I am guessing there is an e-mail and/or language problem.

Anthony M have sent a message via Anthony I that he intend to join, but that is a while ago and I have not seen him on server or forum.

Simon Kilov and Alexander Lauritzen I haven't heard from in a long while, I think we can rule them out. Am I forgetting anybody?

Dont worry Im reading every post with much interest and will be ready to race on wednesday, cant wait for it :) I sent the poll mail about 2 weeks ago so I just checked my mails again and found that I got a message back (in my spam folder :confused:) wich said that the mail delivery has failed so apparently I cant send an E-Mail to the race director.
Does anyone have the same problem and can help me with that?

Dont worry Im reading every post with much interest and will be ready to race on wednesday, cant wait for it :) I sent the poll mail about 2 weeks ago so I just checked my mails again and found that I got a message back (in my spam folder :confused:) wich said that the mail delivery has failed so apparently I cant send an E-Mail to the race director.
Does anyone have the same problem and can help me with that?

Ahh, that explains it, good to hear, I'll add your name to the list :)

Btw, I believe Reik (Germany) has the same problem, while I seem to get error message when sending e-mails to the italians... strange stuff.

I have med a new list of the drivers of season 8 drivers look at the list of drivers as it is today, I would write a nb (nota bene) next to the following drivers:

1.Andy
2.Anthony I
3.Anthony M - NB no recent activity or communication
4.Bob La
5.Bob Lu
6.Brian - NB relatively new driver, little activity on servers
7.Cristian - NB communication problem
8.David McC
9.David T
10.Eliezer
11.Gaetano
12.Helder
13.Jim
14.Jonas Lex - NB new driver, pb far from competitive/safe
15.Kurt
16.Mark
17.Nicolai
18.Nicolas
19.Peter
20.Reik
21.Sean
22.Tim
23.Tom - NB Not a very good season 7, pb not competitive, little activity
24.Valerio
25.Valter
26.Vincenzo

For me all the guys in red are not ready to join season 8. Cristian however, it is only a matter of communication, I refuse to let that spoil his season. Jonas Lex I have good hopes will soon display faster times.

Nico, regarding Christian I can assure u that he is ready for the season start , I met him couple of of times practicing on the server and he was posting very good time . I think it would be wise to reserve his spot until u hear from him :).

- I am still waiting for Anthony M to come back to me to cnfirm his participation for Istanbul. I will let u know as soon I hear from Him.

- any weather forecast for Istanbul ?

I am guessing we will run dry at Istanbul, as I have not heard anything from daniel, and as always it is little time to think of another soulution.

I am keeping a spot for Cristian, but I need to establish a firm line of communication with every single driver, how else can I threaten you all to be clean in lap 1 ;)

I hope Anthony makes it in time. this season I think every member needs to post a time that is good enough to make the others believe that one posess the skills to be safe and also contribute in the race. One should never be a second or more slower than the guy right ahead (http://prestogp.com/index.php?view=...&vehicle=MMGF107&Update=Update&leaguefilter=1)
At the moment Tom, Jonas and Anthony needs to improve their times. Anthony's time is acctually just good enough (0,5 behind Bob), but his time is more than a year old, so I doubt it is representativ for his current pace.

Im wondering, will the times only be seen on the prestogp site if you use the public server?
Because I drove a couple of laps on the password protected server and it hasnt updated.

Im wondering, will the times only be seen on the prestogp site if you use the public server?
Because I drove a couple of laps on the password protected server and it hasnt updated.

I'll check it out, all PrestoGP-servers are supposed to update the site, but sometimes I have made a mistake :)

Good thing is that your times does not disappear, so when I fix the problem the site will be updated accordingly :)

EDIT: I have checked the server and it all looks good. however, I think I know what the problem is. The times used in Practice session does not get recorded. Usually we only have qualify and race in our practice servers, but because some mebers want a loooong practice session on a server I have opened such a server, not thinking that it will not record the times.

Solution to the problem should be to just skip to next session (qualify) and do a lap there. The grip is better then anyway, so it is in qualify you will be able to do the best times.

Besides all this I am delighted to read that you seem to be preparing yourself well Jonas, and with Reik as your mentor this must be good :)

he, he :)

Everyone is free to ask anything. Do the new and returning guys know about the new stuff like no pit speed limit and do they know all the required things? If not, please ask guys! :)

Thanks for clearing that up Nico :),will try it later this evening
Also good to hear that grip is better in Q, thats a surprise for me, so that should make me a tiny bit faster than I expected to be :D

And Reik, no I do not know that there is no pit stop limit, would be nice if you could explain that a bit further :)
Ive read something some time ago that there is a special procedure for the start too.
Is there still something to take care of because I can remember that I couldnt get back then how the starts worked exactly :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back