Season 8 Race 1 Istanbul - Drivers meeting

Here we decide/agree on how to race the track so to speak, where to never cut or run wide etc.

At Istanbul I have noticed that the pit exit can be an issue as there is lots of time to save through crossing the white line early. I suggest we all honer the white line in the pit exit, keeping all 4 wheels on the correct side at all times. This will also be the safest in regards to cars comming around the corner. What do you think?

Besides that I have not noticed any particular place where cutting or running wide might be a problem, perhaps somebody else have?

agreed with the pit exit line.

and agreed about there not really being any cuts or wides that could gain anyone time, so all seems good with istanbull for me, well apart fromt he fact ive totally forgotten how to drive :mad:

ok guys the season8 is near so like every year...............................

season8.jpg

PS.I agree about keeping all 4 wheels on the correct side at all times

lol Vale, Agree with all above only other thing id like to add is that iI hate turn 1 :) very difficult to take consistantly and it might cause some trouble at start or at anytime duyring race be prepared to see a car face wrong way t1 :p .

The slowdown at T1 can be started early or at the last moment. The total time through the following curve and straight becomes quite similar regardless of style. If you drive in the the traditional simracer style and brake as late as it's at all possible, be extra careful.

I take T1 different to any other corners. I'm ready with breaking when turning in and I stabilize the car by applying some throttle through the corner and finaly accelerating carefull when leaving the bumps.
If I miss the breaking point and try to force the car to the apex under hard breaking, it's very likely the tail overtakes me. :) In this case I can only open the steering and eventually leave the track on the outside instead of spinning...

I suggest everyone to try some starts with the AI to get a feeling how early the first turn is comming. I know the AI is bad in most cases but it's ok to get a feeling in the crowd at T1.
EDIT: If you have some starts with other guys on the practice server it's even better of course! :)

btw: Somehow the AI from the Race Room Mod does make less silly spins and therefore it's more competetive. So when I make a test with some AI cars I use a car filter which only allows my MMG McLaren and the Race Room car. This way the possibility is high to have many Race Room cars at the grid. And to make them competetive, I give them a low wing setup and eventually set their strength to 105% or 110 %. This works well on some tracks. :)

Agree with the pit exit rule.

I believe something must be agreed on how the field should approach T1 , it is a wide track with a short start before we hit the brakes on the turn approach , we are going to see 3-4 cars next to each other, each one braking at different braking points where the bumps will most likely force some drivers to veer suddenly left or right to try to stabilize the car to avoid the spin which in return will force the further back drivers to alter their course to avoid the guys in front of them and with 26 cars trying to do that the result will be a mass destruction... hopefully not... but it is our first race with quite few new drivers on board so i am afraid that our driving skills will most likely be like first day back to school experience and with the restricted non race restarting rule I am looking forwards to see my car surviving that turn ...:)

I suggest everyone to try some starts with the AI to get a feeling how early the first turn is comming. I know the AI is bad in most cases but it's ok to get a feeling in the crowd at T1.
EDIT: If you have some starts with other guys on the practice server it's even better of course! :)

I believe something must be agreed on how the field should approach T1 , it is a wide track with a short start before we hit the brakes on the turn approach , we are going to see 3-4 cars next to each other, each one braking at different braking points where the bumps will most likely force some drivers to veer suddenly left or right to try to stabilize the car to avoid the spin which in return will force the further back drivers to alter their course to avoid the guys in front of them and with 26 cars trying to do that the result will be a mass destruction... hopefully not... but it is our first race with quite few new drivers on board so i am afraid that our driving skills will most likely be like first day back to school experience and with the restricted non race restarting rule I am looking forwards to see my car surviving that turn ...:)

I agree that we need to have some focus on the start of the race. We all know what an enormous challenge it is to have 25 cars navigate safely through lap 1.

The way I see it, I feel quite confident with myself, I'll be able to handle myself because I know what must be done to be prepared, and also how little competitive I must be to be safe. I think many others are the same as me, while a few might be a bit sloppy with their preperations and others to competitive/greedy in the real race :) Also, as mentioned, we have a few new guys joining us, although probably not as many as Anthony thinks. :)

I think the solution to this problem is communication. Talking about race start and lap 1 in this thread, making sure everybody agrees on what needs to be done to be safe in lap 1, including practicing stuff like Reik suggested. Obviously there will be plenty of guys who do not participate in this thread, thus leaving the other guys uneasy about how safe the race start really will be. In my opinion this is not acceptable, the drivers meeting should be mandatory for all, if you don't participate in the drivers meeting, then you are not allowed to join the race, like in real life :)

Btw, the vote has ended and the results were the following:
Votes received: 19

Track vote (it was 1 blank vote):
Montreal 79 - 56 points
Watkins - 48 points
Magny C - 41 points
Imola - 35 points

Date vote (there were 8 blank votes):
25th - 5 points
01st - 6 points

:( I am a little sad if this means a force majeure for David's race. I was expecting to miss the season starter but now it appears I had better turn a few laps in preparation?

Of course I would agree with repecting the pit lane exit white lines and I do appreciate this decision :)

A couple of other queries:
No pit-lane speed limits again this season? -> Are the new and returning members aware of this?
Superpole?
Weather?

I do trust that any Turn 1 spinners [and I've done it during one of our league races :eek::oops: ] will wait until there is a clear track before performing a 180.

:D I am looking forward to Montreal; TY guys...

ok guys the season8 is near so like every year...............................

season8.jpg

PS.I agree about keeping all 4 wheels on the correct side at all times

Not many ideas yet on how we are going to deal with T1 for the first race , I have a feeling that we are going to need Vales Vacuum Ferrari to carefully lead the start until all cars have crossed T1 before the overtaking is allowed !

If we do not get to a solution before the race day then I am afraid that his Vacuum machine will be very much needed to clean up all the mess we are going to leave behind right at that turn :) .

We can make it compulsory to declare in this thread that one have prepared oneself for t1/lap 1 and deem oneself safe, perhaps say what one have done to be safe :) No decleration, no race... my suggestion. I always worry most about the silent guys.

sure is important, like say Reik .....try some starts with the AI to get a feeling how early the first turn is comming......,is true also what say Anthony .... first day back to school...... We speak about T1 the house of bumps all this do a " melting pot " of cars:confused: .I not have many other ideas sure no overtake and stay at safe distance and say safe (cold tyres and brakes) otherwise we can do a rolling start,these solutions cost of course precious seconds but is first race and T1 will be front us for many time along the race and in T1 at lap1 no one can win the race neither in T5 ;) . Usually I start from back and I dont want win the race like lonely man:) .
Courage guys we are/have a good skill show at this track who we are:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back