Season 8 - Off topic

Psst: http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Misc/SkyPack1.zip :

Rain_wide.jpg

To have some fiiine looking clouds for the rainy day.. All other skies are equally awesome, all optimized for good immersion.. For you HQ freaks... Install GameData/Locations , remember to backup your original "shared" folder if you'e for some reason insane enough to go back to defaults..... I've used them for 2 months now, they rock... It's a collection of the best sky texture-mods, ie they are just good textures..

And Cicada 1.0.9.6 is out, go check it out: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/cicada-gp.29603/page-4#post-1106136

I do, but it is Norwegian football that is important to me, I am too old to still be following Man U closely (as I used to do when I was younger). But I do see a match from time to time. Obviously I do not need to ask what team you support Jonas :)

Well it all depends what you mean by football...

I think he means soccer, right?

I like soccer of course. I'm a goal keeper in a amateur team. My favourite team since 1995 is Borussia Dortmund. It's natural that I can't really like Munich then :) but I support their international efforts of course. Yesterday I was a fan of them. :) (not to say that Real Madrid is one of the most unappealing teams in europe :))

It's not soccer, it's football. The other football is American Football which by the irrefutible logic isn't played with your feet but with your hands. Just because one nation says it's soccer doesn't make it so :) It's the same logic that makes iPod full of songs worth 8 billion dollars.

I might as well mention my team, which I assume nobody have heard of, Strømsgodset, currently 3rd in Norwegian Premier league. I have season ticket standing with the "hard core" fans (there are no real hard core fans in Norway, but it is all relative).

I used to play for a team myself (but far down the division system, I also played for my University in Australia, but now I only do cage-ball 1-2 a week + fifa on ps3 ;)

Also I have followed Solbakken's Kõln-adventure which ended a week ago :)

It's not soccer, it's football. The other football is American Football which by the irrefutible logic isn't played with your feet but with your hands. Just because one nation says it's soccer doesn't make it so :) It's the same logic that makes iPod full of songs worth 8 billion dollars.

Had to post this, it's hilarious:

My music collection is worth approx. 4,2 billion dollars. I'm rich, biatch!

I also used to play soccer when I was just a child and later at amateur level too. Highlights of my "career" must have been playing in 3rd division in Finland and taking part to World Interuniversity Games at Rotterdam in 2005. I also got my share of bad injuries in soccer, and I quit playing because of that in 2008, only being able to play a handful of matches for three preceding years due to various injuries.

Nowadays I live only 200 meters away from HJK´s (the best club in Helsinki and the whole of Finland in terms of budget/results), and sometimes (not too often though) I go to matches. I am also semi-following international top and club level soccer and Finnish national team.

Nice curiosity is that I was there to celebrate Borussia Dortmund´s German Championship in 1995 at the center of Dortmund :). Just a lucky coincidence. Were you there Reik? :) I think Los Del Rios Macarena must have been a great hit those days as they played it all the time :)

My internet is working:)

I used to play football, up until my mid 30's, I played in a local Sunday league as player/manager of our local pub team, we were average but we had a laugh:). two of the lads in the team have gone on to greater things though, Serg and Chris are now touring the world playing in their band "Kasabian":D good players they were, and nice lads

I have no affinity with any club team so it's only England that I get excited about, although often they're so :poop: I don't know why I bother

Jim

Out of all clubs it had to be Dortmund :laugh:
But seriously even if I dont like Dortmund its impressive what they've built up the last years with all their young talents, hopefully they stay so strong so that the league stays that exciting in the next years.
Im born in Munich so Ive been Bayern fan for a long time and I also play at a club near Munich 3 times a week.

Well, I'm an American that not only knows what you're talking about when you talk football, but I've actually played it!!!!! I was a fairly serious athlete in my youth, but unlike my contemporaries I found little appeal to strapping on pads and slamming heads with much bigger guys. So while almost everyone else played American football, I played soccer in the Fall so I could stay in shape for Basketball and Baseball season. I rather enjoyed it too.

Glad to hear you know about "our" kind of football and even played it. :) I remember the Football World Championship 1994 in the USA. There must have been many people who applaused when the ball was shot high over the goal. :)

@jonas:
I'm born and raise in the far east of Germany (former German Democratic Republic) and moved to Dresden in 2006. So I'm very happy our home team Dresden made it into the 2nd division last year and managed to hold the class. I have been watching some sold out matches in the new stadium (~32.000) - very cool athmosphere.

@Nicolai:
Dresden has many hardcore fans so there's much heat in there. :)

Glad to hear you know about "our" kind of football and even played it. :) I remember the Football World Championship 1994 in the USA. There must have been many people who applaused when the ball was shot high over the goal. :)

LOL. Perhaps back then, but soccer has been slowly gaining popularity in the US over the last 10 years. There's a big youth soccer movement and a pro-league that has gained a foothold. The biggest problem for soccer in the US is the low scoring nature of the game. US fans get bored easily LOL. While a 1-0 match may in fact have been a great intense game, if soccer would produce more 5-4 games it would have more interest to the average US sports fan.

It's a shame too because soccer is a great game, both to play and to watch. One of the things I love about it in Europe is the league organization with different levels and promotion/demotion. The "club" system allows cities other than the "mega" cities to have teams and participate. In the US, only the really big cities have pro teams. The nearest pro football team to me is Seattle and I don't really like rooting for them because Seattle is also the location of the University of Washington who are arch rivals of the University of Oregon(where I went to school). Baseball is the only sport in the US that has a minor league system where smaller cities have teams.

For everyone who has a story of questionable Fanatec support, here is one of fantastic support for my Clubsport pedals.

Ever since Montreal I've been getting slower and slower. I've had a lot of problems over the last 3 races finding braking points and getting any consistency. On Sunday I tried a few laps at Bahrain and it seemed like my brakes didn't work at all. I pulled up the config utility and sure enough press the brake and nothing happened until 90% pressure and then it went to full instantly. After a little cleaning it would do nothing until 50% pressure and then spike up and down quickly before jumping to 100%. Helps explains my erratic first lap at Sepang, I was driving with brakes that were spiking badly. Anyway it's clear the load cell has gone bad.

So here's the feel good part of the story. I e-mailed Fanatec support late Sunday night providing a detailed description and my order number (unit is about 11 months old). I received an e-mail today only 36 hours later, saying that a new load cell is on it's way. WOW Very impressed by the speed of response and immediate resolution of the problem. WIsh all companies backed their products like that. Gives me the confidence to buy a CSW when it's released.

Fortunately I still have my old G25 pedals I can use in the mean time.

Ha, ha! I expected you to change your avatar and to post something about it. :)

I'm happy for you. I enjoyed the match very much. Even when Munich was 2:0 behind after 15 minutes I knew they'd have the chance to make it. After Robbens 2:1 I send my tired wife to bed by saying: "...they're now gonna make it into extra time and finaly penalty shoot out, so it will become late." Have I been right? :)

Thats nice Bob real fast from fanatec i had very same problem with load cell with very different service it took me from before february to a week ago to get my load cell from them and about 10 +emails. It was like they would just send me a generic email saying send video with problem etc i would send with video attached and day or 2 later id get a email saying thanks can you send a video with problem :mad: this went on for a few emails very frustrating. I was ready for giving up and buying a load cell, the service was that bad so sent a last email saying that been trying for months to get loads cell or even a real reply and this has put me off even thinking about csw or any fanatec product, surprise next day email with send video of problem, so i did again this time got reply ye looks like load cell will send should be with you in a few days. Why was it so hard ? lol
I knew it was load cell and knew it be difficult to speak too fanatec from checking google also Bob i think it maybe a idea to get a spare load cell from them as its quite common and may happen alot. I used quite alot of pressure to brake 100% this time ive tried to leave it with less pressure to 100% see if makes load cell last longer but spare would be handy and a 1 minute to replace for new.
Just makes me think of logitech support is like night and day i remember problem with my g25 gear stick wasnt working correct and email logitech to get some help thought maybe a new gear stick or that, I got email back saying to provide pics of wheel and numbers etc then next email was Hi i would like to send you new wheel unfortunitly g25 no longer in production so i will send a g27 instead :confused: i got a brand new g27 for just my broken gear stick on g25 lol . Also i paid i think £130 for g25 when i got it and g27 was just out at the time around £260 most places.:roflmao:
Also Id say to most thinking of clubsports get some rubber and mod ur g25/27 pedals 1st, i modded my g27 with some strips off rubber inside the spring to make like a home made nixem mod and simply trim rubber untill you get desired feel for braking. It feels same kind of pressure as my clubsports, very similar feel but its the potometer doing the level of braking and not load cell.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back