Season 8 - Media

I have the same mouse and monitors as Nico :) I tried to run three screens but found it too much for my casual gaming habits...however, if i ran Tin Tops I think it would be much more useful to see out the passenger window..

Lovely Pics Reik; love the cat too. :)

Lovely Pics Reik; love the cat too. :)

Yes, the cat picture made me think of one of my childhood "crocks", Dr. Claw :)
Dr-claw.jpg

Do you by any chance wear a metal glove on your right arm Reik, and do you like stroking your cat while contemplating evil plans?... just asking ;)

Nico, I wouldn't call it evil plans. I call it race strategy. :cool:

btw stroking a cat calms you down very well but it's a high risk having the cat next to you on the desk during super pole and the race. :)

Nicolai I'm jealous of your equipment!

Many guys are Nicolas, many guys are ;) (does my humor translate?)

But seriously speaking, I am lucky that I can use my computer both for work and for pleasure. So I have good use of the multiple screen setup in my work as well, and therefore I save both VAT and income tax, thus becoming very affordable :)

Btw Reik, did you know that Eliezer had a baby (well, his girlfriend did :) ) 3 days ago (the day after you?)? So there will be 2x baby-fathers in the race (hopefully). Hope it is ok that I am announcing that Eliezer :)

He, he! I didn't know. My biggest congrats to Eliezer, too! I hope the girl and the baby are ok.

Seems like I'm a bit more comunicative in such things than other guys. :) I'm sorry if the feeling grows, that I take my self too serious, because I don't. :)

Skin preview, basically only logos are missing, very simple like me.

capture_2012-02-16_20-53-37.jpg

I like it and it's customized to my needs.. The "hood" just in front of cockpit is done with 0% reflections, i don't like to see those right in front of me while i'm driving, it just distracts.

Nice skin :)

Can you upload it to mydrive.ch when you are finished?

Will do, i believe it's done... (I'll remove those prevews, except one.. )

capture_2012-02-16_22-52-24.jpg

capture_2012-02-16_22-53-51.jpg

capture_2012-02-16_22-53-22.jpg

capture_2012-02-16_22-53-12.jpg

capture_2012-02-16_22-52-37.jpg

Other than BMW Williams 2007 sponsors i added my hometeam, my own modding team, PrestoGP and RD logos. I tried to hide as many turningwanes, that's why it's mainly black. Did put white wings so you can see me better in mirrors, :cool:

EDIT: skin uploaded to mydrive... If you wait for a while, i'll update it.. I forgot to add carbon to turning vanes, those in front of sidpoeds, bottom part should be black, now it's grey

I want give my modding tip for Momo users. Somewhere i said hat i have a silicone layer between the cogs, that sentence propably can't explain what i've done. So i made a simple 3D illustration:

Momo_wheel_with_silicone.jpg

The small wheel is at the end of motor axle and bigger one is the first gear. There's a smaller wheel in the center of that and it drives the biggest wheel that is in the steering column. The grey ring is the silicone layer that removes any gap that the straight teethed cogs inevitably get. I have a same layer in the steering column gear, i found that you can't put the damping layer in the small wheels, they only work with the bigger wheel. But with this mod i've been able to remove the gap what IMHO, destroyed a good wheel.

The silicone is treated while it's hardening by assembling the gears and rolling them few times. The timing of this treatment is a hit & miss, once it doesn't stick to your fingers but is still malluable then it's time to wait for 5-10 minutes and then treat it. That rolling will remove most of the stuff that's resisting movement so that the teeths fit together well.

The way i do it by just applying a layer of silicone straight out of the cog-gun and then smoothing it with fingers to push that stuff down to bottom of teeths. Unlike in the illustration there's not a lot of silicone in the top of teeths, the most is filling the "valleys". It's not pretty and over time the silicone starts to break off leaving white pulverized residue but since it's silicone, it will notyt mess all the insides, where it lands, it stays there. This fix has to be redone every 6 months or so to keep the whole range of motion steady, since it's mainly getting wear around the center. Over time the center will wear enough to gaps to emerge again, then it's time to fix it. The silicone strips away easily and the remaining small stuff in the bottom of "valleys" can be removed with a hard brush.

The whole operation takes about 2 hours where disassambling, applying the silicone and assembling will take maybe 15-25 minutes and the rest is just waiting. The perefect solution is to the first part in the day1 and assembling in the next day so the silicone gets to harden fully.

Very good car control Valter! :)

Looks like posting this vid is some kind of clever strategy even before the event, because I now have the feeling I better stay away from you. :) (just kidding mate, I always trust in your skills)

Oke guys I see you like movies so here's few more, enjoy no hard feelings LOL

co-starring Jonas Lex (Orange car)

Big Accident:

T1 madman:

Tapping:

The Wall part 1 of 2:

Sorry!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years