Season 8 - General Discussion

Join the online sessions first.. Compare your performance to the times here: http://www.prestogp.com/index.php?view=drivers&vehicle=MMGF107&tracksort=Shanghai And remember to use setups posted in this forum, they are miles away from the rest... As you have probably read from the Information thread, the main focus is safety and consistency, then speed. The level is quite high but not in any way too hard. I think @Nicolai Nicholson will continue the process from here once he's online.

EDIT: Even if some aspect isn't up to standards, stick around.. Learning possibilities are awesome, the amount of practice needed is just right; enough to feel committed for safe races.. I'm at the back of the pack and my training schedule is +6 hours per race and i should do more (since i am at the back).. Easily one of the best leagues i've participated (SRS 2009 WTCC was probably the best ever and was my first full season...)

I think you said most of it Kennett :)

Paul:
We are a realtively mature crowd, and that is important, because in our league everybody are responsible for themselves, and everybody are expected to follow gentleman rules. (I do not mean you have to be old to join, only mature enough to be responsible :) )

I think you will find answers to most of your questions in the sticky threads, most notably the Season 8 - Information thread. If you still are unsure of anything, don't hesitate to ask.

To answer how one actually joins the league:
There is nothing we want more than to recruite new promising members. Join our online servers (filter for Presto) for practice and you are sure to bump into other league members (not always, but often). The more people you meet and practice with on our servers, the greater our leagues desire will be to recruite you (if that makes sense). There is no problem joining mid-season btw.

Also, it would be good if you told us a little about yourself, stuff like what country you are from and how old you are, and perhaps also your relation to (sim)racing :)

On a totally different note, I was just replying to someone in the Conversation (pm) window and noticed an "ad" for Teamspeak 3 where it showed something that appeared to be a live feed from a selection of channels, and PrestoGP was the most crowded one with 6 ppl online. Can you see the ad as well? Just open a conversation (inbox) and scroll down to the bottom of the page and look to the right of the page. Isn't that strange?

PrestoGP

16x16_tree_line.gif
16x16_tree_mid.gif
Toby Davis
16x16_tree_line.gif
16x16_tree_mid.gif
Bradley Vanian
16x16_tree_line.gif
16x16_tree_mid.gif
Danny Asbury
16x16_tree_line.gif
16x16_tree_mid.gif
Mike Bell
16x16_tree_line.gif
16x16_tree_mid.gif
Scott Søvik
16x16_tree_line.gif
16x16_tree_end.gif
William Levesque

I see it Nico

"We" (Tim & Myself) normaly use the "ChicagosHardcoreGamers" TS server, it's usually just the two of us on for a post race chat:(

This appears to be an RD TS server which I didn't know existed, maybe we should use this one in future? but then if it's only me & Tim then why fix what aint broken;)

Jim

PS, still waiting on a pic of Tim's rig;) (I've seen it......it's a thing of beauty:D )

PS, still waiting on a pic of Tim's rig;) (I've seen it......it's a thing of beauty:D )

Except for when it displays 5 x BSOD :rolleyes:

"We" (Tim & Myself) normaly use the "ChicagosHardcoreGamers" TS server, it's usually just the two of us on for a post race chat:(

I like to get my race/ incident reports posted, review the replay, prepare and consume a little thing called breakfast after our races ;)

Pretty cool rigs you guys have! Especially Tim´s hat tracking tool :) I just drive with an old G25 and single monitor setting at the moment.

Have any of you ever tried 3D simracing? Are there any simracing games that support 3D vision? I would have a chance to borrow a state-of-the-art 3D projector for simracing, but are there any simracing games yet that support 3D?

I think you said most of it Kennett :)

Paul:
We are a realtively mature crowd, and that is important, because in our league everybody are responsible for themselves, and everybody are expected to follow gentleman rules. (I do not mean you have to be old to join, only mature enough to be responsible :) )

I think you will find answers to most of your questions in the sticky threads, most notably the Season 8 - Information thread. If you still are unsure of anything, don't hesitate to ask.

To answer how one actually joins the league:
There is nothing we want more than to recruite new promising members. Join our online servers (filter for Presto) for practice and you are sure to bump into other league members (not always, but often). The more people you meet and practice with on our servers, the greater our leagues desire will be to recruite you (if that makes sense). There is no problem joining mid-season btw.

Also, it would be good if you told us a little about yourself, stuff like what country you are from and how old you are, and perhaps also your relation to (sim)racing :)

i'm 39yrs young ;)
England
spent 6 years playing rfactor online using F1 and GT mods, spent some time as an admin for a racing website.

i'm a musician who has always played video games, i think i'm probably retarted tbh i.e. immature.

this is me www.myspace.com/gardsmusic

While Tim clearly wins first prize, here's my humble rig.
MyObutto.jpg

And so that y'all won't think I'm a neat freak (especially Tim). Here's the other side of the room complete with spare monitor soon to be integrated for telemetry :) If you look closely, you'll find parts of a Samsung TV being repaired, a fishing rod being built, a dead Dell computer, a spare Apple Power Mac, a green elephant dribble glass, a guitar tuner being repaired, three soldering irons, 2 multimeters, and a partridge in a pear tree. My wife claims I have problems finishing projects, I tell her that I am just exceptionally gifted at multitasking.
MessyRoom.jpg

i'm a musician who has always played video games, i think i'm probably retarted tbh i.e. immature.

Well, being an immature musician myself who has always played video games Paul's qualifications seem impeccable. Musicians make great simracers. Steve Crossland and Chris Hendrich are also musicians.
Some of my "other toys"
Toys.jpg

Thanks. I've played for 34 years so the collection has had some time to accumulate. You can never have too many guitars(have several more not in the pic). They are like women in many ways: each is unique and wonderful once you learn how to stroke them the right way, but there is always one that touches your heart in a special way. For me it's the green strat hanging on the wall. It's an all original 1963 Fender Stratocaster :cool: that is simply magical beyond my ability to describe.

Very cool rig Tim! I enjoyed your little private video very much.

Also very cool stuff Bob! :) Music is a good thing to make and to enjoy. I'm more on the side of enjoying it. :)

I'm learning to become at least able to doubletasking - one eye on the track (monitior) and one eye on the cat. In the future I'll need a third eye for my son. :)

If you say you have a "humble" rig, how would you describe my rig then? :)

In the picture below you can see in the background the basis of my "tremendous" rig :). Just imagine a Black Momo to be mounted there when I'm racing...

vcuzns.jpg

Way cool Reik, that's the best rig of all. (remember I have a 20+ year head start in the toy collection process) :) Just wait until your son becomes mobile, you'll learn to multitask real quick!!!!! Nice Cat condo!!!!

Edit: OMG The picture of you with your son is so awesomely cute!!!!! It actually brought a tear to my eye from when I first held my son 24 years ago.

Darryl, I think it's all about how the combination of game settings and hardware suit to you. Then it's not important how expensive your hardware is.

I think I'm just lucky that the mod, the game physics, the FFB effects, my wheel and the way I've set up all parameters finally give me a great (real?) feeling. Due to this fact I'm so confident with the car that I can be fast but also consistant. And the level of fun has never been higher in any other game-mod-combination.
I had many tries with rF1 when I liked to test some promising mods (like FSone) but even with much testing in setting up FFB and the game I could never get such a nice driving experience. So it didn't provide me with the fun I like to have and therefore I had no motivation to drive rF1.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%