Season 7-Race9 Hungary Incident report

yeah just thinking back through the seasons ive had this happen to me more than i can remember and the worst of all being the joe incident, its looking more like being my end than anyone elses fault, ill try peters suggestion see if it makes a diffrence, hopefully i can test this with one of the aussie guys or even peter if i see any of them on the server and if they would be happy to help me at the time, i seriously need to get to the bottom of this now as the closer the racing gets the more this is happening.

i run a dedicated server from my home with call of duty servers, teamspeak3, race07 (f1 league public) and rfactor servers, usually i turn these off when im going to be racing, ill start turning the whole server off and make sure any other pc's in my house are off at the same time, i cant think of anything else could be causing this.

Lap 2 TS232 Contact with Reik

Sean and I both went wide at the fast left hander. We both held it together and merged back onto the track. This left me under pressure from Reik. I had the inside for the corner but knew Reik had a much better run. Reik said I made a quick move to the left and maybe didn’t realise I was there. At the time I was very aware of Reiks position but didn’t intend making a sudden move left. I intended to hold my line and force Reik to take the outside. In watching the replay I did drift further left than I intended but I don’t notice a sudden move. I will have to have a look at the server replay (I should have done that days ago, but the weekend got away from me!). At the time I was completely unaware that we had made contact. I knew Reik had dropped a few seconds, but I had hoped that was him putting a wheel on the grass rather than me helping him put a wheel on the grass.

I do find this an interesting incident. I did put my car where I wanted it and thought it was fair, maybe it was a little too Schumacher or perhaps the dreaded sync issues gave us half a metre less room to move than we needed to race that closely.
Sorry for contact Reik. I look forward to more of this close racing in the future!

Lap 3 TS316 Contact with Wall

I look to the inside of Sean. There’s no gap and I shouldn’t have been looking! I move to the inside lose the back and drive straight into the wall. Suspension damage, very disappointing on lap 3. Completely my fault, no contact with other cars.

Lap 34 TS2977 Pass on Sean in traffic

I was right on Sean’s tail for a few laps struggling to find a way past. We came to traffic. I kept the pressure on which perhaps contributed to Sean’s incident with Kurt. I managed to slide by and gain a position.

We certainly want to make lapping as incident free as possible, but on tracks like the last two where you can spend 20 laps behind someone who’s a second slower than you I think you have to take the chance when it’s there. Regardless, we don’t ever want to contribute to cars coming together so sorry Sean and Kurt if I played a part.

No problem at all Tim! :) From my replay it looks like a sudden move to the left, so the thought came into my mind you liked to take the right hander from the left side of the track and in the hurry didn't realize that I was already there. But please don't worry much about it. I think I won't go on the outside line again in such a tricky situation.

I'm close to finish my race summary video this evening and to upload it in the race report section. This incident is included, so you can have a look at it from my perspective. In general I must say that fighting the Aussies in this race was very well possible, because they didn't really lag and warp. So I enjoyed the close racing with them.

I'm close to finish my race summary video this evening and to upload it in the race report section. This incident is included, so you can have a look at it from my perspective.

Oh dear, I somehow messed up the whole movie maker projekt after finishing it. :( 3 hours work for nothing. I can only learn from that. :rolleyes: But I'll show you the incident from my perspective as soon as possible and hopefully the Valencia race is worth a new try to make a summary...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%