Season 7-Race8 Interlagos Incident report

I had contact with Eleizer I think? early on, not sure about how, got to look at the replay... to be continued

Also spun infront of Nico, caused him to go off :(

more to follow

Jim

- ts 130 to 132 (T1) : Valter spun, tapped by Dave, and his nose was hit by David McCradic (unavoidable for him I think). I was behind David, braked when I saw this mess but couldn't avoid hitting him and Valter. I was then hit by Kurt from behind (classical domino effect). I got suspension damage, don't know what caused that, but my car was driveable without noticeable change in its behavior.
- ts 2423 to 2427 : I Spun at Junçao. I tried to move off the way before someone was coming but it was too late and Vincenzo ran into me. Sorry mate :( . I then was blocked on the kerb and exited the race since I could cause more incidents before unblocking my car.

TS 130: I was in a domino chain, I tried to not hit Valter but was hit from behind by Nicolas and bounced into Valter and Andy. Front and rear suspension damage. I see nothing I could have done differently to avoid this incident, unfortunately all of my practice starts were better than this...

TS 965: I bumped Nicolai, I saw him spin but did not really react properly, I was in no fight on the track and should have slowed more when I saw smoke. Nicolai will take responsibility but I feel I could have reacted different.

TS 1550: I Broke a wheel off in the pit entrance, I tried to clear my car from the race ASAP, sorry Peter. I should have controlled my car into the pit.

TS 965: I spun in the last turn and was hit by David. My mistake from spinning and David had obviously nothing to gain from hitting me, that you are not happy with your reaction time, well, not was I when I hit Jim in the exact same way some 30 laps later :)

TS 965 + some 30 laps: Replica of above incident where Jim is the one that spun and I the one that hit him. It all happend so fast, in the end I tried to go to his right, but didn't quite dodge him.

TS 220

Contact with Eliezer, I pass him at T4, I missed the apex by about 3ft and was slow through the corner, Eliezer tried to cut back inside on the exit but hit the side of my car, he went off and lost a wheel :( sorry M8, I'm not sure what i could have done different

Jim

I have uploaded a vid to youtube but it seems to have vanished?

ts: 1677.17 incident with tim

tim had just come out of the pits and we were fighting straight away, coming to the slow right i felt i had way more exit speed from the turn before and planned to make a move to tims inside right, ive watched my replay from all angles and i still feel like i did at the time that tim blocked me a little too late after id commited to going up the inside, tim will probably feel diffrent about this but from my replay and incar view tim makes a sudden deviation in line and im left with nothing to do except slam on the brakes and slide into the back of him.

My apologies to Valter and everyone behind him that had to navigate through the disturbance I caused!! I think, after watching back many times, I could say the start would've been really good if it had not been for my lack of misjudgement! I can't emphasise how bad I feel so sorry again for this! I like to think i'm quite safe, especially during a race but I think i'm still finding it hard to gauge the levels of expectation and determination of others for an opportunity with so many close by, primarily at the starts. Maybe I should just start at the back and miss quali to stay out of any mistakes? :rolleyes:

I know we all want to be safe at the starts but I'm sure quite a few of us want the maximum out of it as well (please don't misinterpret that as any type of excuse for causing an accident!)

The practise starts we're good for me, from what I recall, but was typical that when it came to the real thing, I'd balls it up! :(

Sorry again for having a negative impact on your race Valter, and anyone that had to take evasive action from his spin!

My apologies to Valter and everyone behind him that had to navigate through the disturbance I caused!!
No problem Dave, I'm sure your intentions are good. You have told us why it went wrong and that you are sorry. All is fine because in the coming races, with your newly acquired knowledge, we expect you to be a very safe driver.
Sorry I forgot one important thing. There is an old and steadfast tradition in the Presto GP league that anyone who turns around someone will wait and fall in behind.

Few incidents in this one...

TS1676 Lap 22 – Contact with David Turnbull
As David outline, we were racing close in sector 2, I was on cold tires. I reviewed the incident post though not since I’ve read David’s account, I will need to have a look again to check my move to the inside. I certainly tried to hold a tight line and give David no option on the inside. I didn’t make a move in response to David‘s move, I hadn’t realised he was going for it. At the time I felt I was totally blameless and had received a very unfortunate and disappointing bump. I will certainly have another look at my replay and the server replay to see whether I did make an unpredictable or late move.

TS3861 Lap 53 – No contact but dangerous move by Me on Gaetano Zizzo
I try to go down the inside but outbrake myself.

TS3967 Lap 54 – Contact with Gaetano Zizzo
Again my fault in the slow section, not unlike the incident I had with David but in reverse. SORRY Gaetano my fault. I wait for Gaetano to return to the track.

TS4045 Lap 55 – Contact with Gaetano Zizzo
This time I don’t think I was at fault. I made my move up the inside on the final turn. I was alongside at turn in and certainly had the inside line. Gaetano turned in on his normal line not leave room. He made contact and turned me around. I was quite disappointed that Gaetano didn’t wait for me. I felt that I had made the pass successfully. Would be keen to hear his perspective on this one. I’m also not sure if the newer guys are aware of the waiting rule?

"TS1676 Lap 22 – Contact with David Turnbull
As David outline, we were racing close in sector 2, I was on cold tires. I reviewed the incident post though not since I’ve read David’s account, I will need to have a look again to check my move to the inside. I certainly tried to hold a tight line and give David no option on the inside. I didn’t make a move in response to David‘s move, I hadn’t realised he was going for it. At the time I felt I was totally blameless and had received a very unfortunate and disappointing bump. I will certainly have another look at my replay and the server replay to see whether I did make an unpredictable or late move."

im going to ammend my incident report to say that i was responsible for this incident, sorry tim, ive watched my replay loads and on mine it looks like u jump over to the right to block, but ive checked seans replay and he made a small vid for me with his replay and it shows clearly tim staying on the same line pretty much all the way to the corner, at the point of contact i can clearly remember there being no input on the wheel when the contact was made like as if there was no contact at all, i think whats happened is theres been a small sync issue between us on the straight before and im seeing something diffrent on my replay, ill try make a vid of mine to show this, ive no doubt tims and the server replay will show diffrent again, so all i can do is apologise to tim and hopefully we can move on from it, i think both of us are as dissappointed as each other that it happened.

when looking at another replay except my own it was definatly an overly optomistic and aggressive move, but on my own replay and in the race i felt i had the chance of getting up the inside
This replay is key to everything. When we want to learn what to do in different situation, it is the local replay that is most interesting because that it what you see. The server replay helps show the difference between what happened on your screen and the server and with that what safety margins you need to use with different drivers. Could you make a video of your point of view of the accident?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%