Season 7 Race 9 Hungaroring - Setups Thread

If it was up to me I would allow it any place where there is no real time to gain, where the grass creates a natural limit right outside the white line. The reason for this is that people do it anyway to a variable degree, and then it is better and more fair to allow it so that everybody push the same amount.

Anywhere it is possible to run more than marginally wide/cut I would disallow it for obvious reasons (unless the line is totally stupid like at Singapore).

last night i done some testing on the 5 lap server, for a few laps i couldnt get anywhere near a low 1.10 so i selected next track and skipped the session, this session i was able to do a pb of 1.09.988, i mentioned yesterday to nico and sean that i thought the server is changing grip levels as it cycles through, im pretty sure of this now.

another thing i tested once id hit my pb was how much time i could gain by going wide at t12, i was shocked, from a slight wide at only t12 i managed to stay in 4th gear when id usually take in 3rd, my entry and exit speeds were greatly improved and my time was 1.09.7 thats near 0.3 of a second by a slight wide at t12, im sure theres easily upto half a second or more in that one wide.

im glad we got this sorted and we'll be using the white lines because if anyone does this consistantly in the race they will be uncatchable.

p.s as i said my LEGAL pb is 1.09.988.

Then I take it that you are not one hundred percent positive to my proposal. Is that correctly understood? I just thought that if we let the turn free for everyone, we could discuss something more interesting than the two wheel rule.

when i made comment to the illegal lap i didnt think for a second it would spawn this debate again so yeah id probably rather talk about something more intresting valter, the problem with allowing it here means that we would have to treat each track the same, theres at least 1 cut or wide on each track, are we to allow them to? do we suddenly allow racing lines that are slightly diffrent from ones weve drove for near 3 years? the problem is this shouldnt be a grey area, there should be no discussion, there should be no need for 3 pages worth or comments each time the white line is mentioned but its something weve always came back to after how many seasons? 5 in a row its always been mentioned at least once per season, it probably shouldve been one of the easiest rules to understand but for some reason it never has been, one season we will get through it without mentioning it at all.............hopefully.

I just thought that if we lett he turn free for everyone, we could discuss something more interesting than the two wheel rule.

Ha, ha Valter! I like that kind of humor from an older wise man. :) It's people like you, who don't need much words to make me feel like a little child who's crying and screaming wasn't worth anything. :)

...it probably shouldve been one of the easiest rules to understand but for some reason it never has been, one season we will get through it without mentioning it at all.............hopefully.

Ok mate, let's have an experiment: For the complete Season 8 I promise not to comment anything about the white-line-rule if it's discussed. I'd only say something if a vote is needed. :) (take me serious guys!)

To debate about how to drive through different turns in a drivers meeting would be more interesting in my opinion. And isn't it fun to change things around a bit to create new types of challenges? One more argument, it would mean that we drive in a "more hardcore" style then just strict two wheel rule everywere.

speaking about rumours jim....

is it true that you are actually the female in your avatar?.

this has been circulating since season 2, i think its time we had some clarification on this.

:p

You could just speak in the "third person" David "a freind of mine say's" etc ;)

Jim

great idea....

ok guys so i have this friend, lets call him...jim, he says to me that he cannot agree with valters suggestion as the rule has been in place for so long, its a universal rule that includes everyone, jim also mentioned that he feels that the races are exciting enough as is without adding diffrent elements, he feels season 7 has been a great success with the changes already made and that he hopes for our benefit that we can see a season with no changes were we will hopefully see some great races and battles because everyone is up to date with the rules and knows exactly whats happening.

id like to thank my friend ...... jim, for bringing these points to my attention so i could relay them to you.

Back on topic, here's my base set up for Hungaroring, I have done a high 10 with it but that must have been on a low grip server cycle??;)

Once I find the magic grip cycle I'll be into the 8's no worries :rolleyes:

Jim

Off topic: what's the weather like up there Dave?

Attachments

• s7 hung #1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 293
the weather is crap mate but being on the east coast we dont get the snow too bad, well not yet at least anyhoo, freezing though, 0 degrees tonight and colder to come this week, the joys of living in scotland lol

ive noticed all i need to do is go on, do a few laps, cycle the server and the grips is changed, i might be imagineing it but thats twice now its seemed to pick up grip from a server cycle, id ask other to have a check at this before anyone takes my word for it.

I've tried advancing the server Dave, I have to say I'm not so sure, not a sure as I was about the same thing at Suzuka, you might be right tho, but perhaps it's not as noticable as in Japan:confused:

I have lowered my pb a bit but thats just me being brave/reckless with the right foot I think

Jim

PS: if it's any consolation it's 2 deg down here, but it's P**sing it down :(

i accept your challenge reik! let there be no white line mentioning in season 8 or from this day forward?

I accept the challenge from now on until the end of season 8! :)

On another topic Reik

Rumours are circulating around the paddock that you have tied the knot with the good lady?!!!

Is this correct?Jim

It's not just rumours, it's a fact! :) We both said "yes" on the 3rd of December. :) I think I'll upload some pics at my facebook account as soon as the ones from the professional photographer are ready. I'll let you know then...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 220 14.2%