Season 7 Race 8 Interlagos - Weather

Hi all.

Next up is Interlagos, and the first forecast is here:

About half of the days in November are hit by rain. Showers are most common, but the intensity can differ a lot, and everything from light to heavy is highly possible.

The second forecast will be posted here on the tuesday before the race, at 19.00 UTC, which is equal to 20 o'clock central european time (CET).

------------------------

The virtual schedule so you can link the forecast to the sessions:

Day 1:
11:00 - Practice
14:00 - Qualifying

Day 2:
11:30 - Warmup
14:00 - Race

The second forecast:

Day 1: During the day it does not look to be any showers, but during the early morning, 5-8 am, the probability is quite high. 20-40 minutes and quite heavy intensity.

Day 2: Low risk for showers. If it comes it will be the same length and intensity as written for day 1.

Arrrggghhhhhhhhh...... I can't make it to this event!!! I somehow expected such kind of forecast, because Interlagos has a higher chance for rain than Abu Dhabi. I feel sad now.

Chances are bad Sean, because my girl has an online seminar at this time, which is very important for here job. But it's ok, because it looks like I'll only miss this race this season. First it looked like I'd miss Abu Dhabi too, but when we noticed that I'll definitly miss Interlagos, we did anything too make me participate at Abu Dhabi. That was the deal we made and it's more than I could ask for. :)

Come on Valter, you have the skills to complete all 61 laps. :)

(just be aware of the crazy fast pit entry! it's very tricky to enter it flat out even in dry conditions)

I opened 4 wet servers. The number referes to the on and off path wetness and the rainfall. E.g. the "PrestoGP Interl 40 Wet" server has 40% on path wetness, 40% off path wetness and 40% rainfall.

It might be wise to roughly know what % means slick, inters and wet. I did 3 laps with inters on 20%, and 3 tyres overheated, temps ranging from 103 - 125.

Do not take this as a sign that "this must mean that it will rain in the race", because I have no influence or knowledge of it. All I know is what post 1 sais :)

The virtual schedule so you can link the forecast to the sessions:

Day 1:
11:00 - Practice
14:00 - Qualifying

Day 2:
11:30 - Warmup
14:00 - Race

The second forecast:

Day 1: During the day it does not look to be any showers, but during the early morning, 5-8 am, the probability is quite high. 20-40 minutes and quite heavy intensity.

Day 2: Low risk for showers. If it comes it will be the same length and intensity as written for day 1.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%