Season 7 Race 7 Abu Dhabi - Race Report

My race report :

Q12
Not very fast, I didn't train haven't trained for that, and was slower than last year.

R11
Strategy : 3x14 laps stints with 60l fuel and soft/med tires
I made a good start and passed Kurt before T1, then Sean who was outside the track before T2. I also passed Gaetano just after he rejoined the track in T4, so I was already 9th in the straights and kept this position until the beginning of lap 3. There I spun just after T1 and lost 5 places to find myself just in front of Sean. I then had a nVidia freeze just before the braking of the first straight and that gave me the last position, behind Valerio and Peter. I passed Valerio in T1 at lap 4 a little like Hamilton did at Monza against Raikonnen in 2007, with a slide :). I got Peter a lap after in T13, but I spun shortly after so back to last place :(
I passed Valerio again in lap 7 in the second straight, and Peter again in T1 at lap 9, then Bob in lap 12 and Eliezer in lap 14, just before I pitted for fresh rubber and some fuel.
In lap 16 I got another nVidia freeze :( but didn't lose much, only time. After that, nothing much to report, except for some time lost in my second pit stop (I missed my stand and it was hard to find were my crew was), and a battle with Peter (laps 31 & 32), and I finished 11th, never succeding in gaining on Kurt behind.

I hope I'll be better at Interlagos. CU there!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%