Season 7, Race 6, A1 Ring - Setups

Here are two different setups from me.

The "ab" version is the older one, which I did my PB (1:06:2xx) with. I created it in the summer break when we had our first tests at this track. It uses wings 3/21.

But I couldn't repeat a 1:06:2xx now, so with the "b" version I tryed some more wings (5/32) on my latest Hockenheim setup. This allows me a 1:06:4xx. It needs more testing and could be an alternative to the other setup.

PS: I'm very, very sorry I completely forgot to post a setup prior the Hockenheim race. :frown: I was very busy that time, but that's no excuse I know...

Attachments

• Reik-A1-Ring-F1-ab.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Reik-A1-Ring-F1-b.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 308
PS: I'm very, very sorry I completely forgot to post a setup prior the Hockenheim race. :frown: I was very busy that time, but that's no excuse I know...

Being the most reliant setup poster I think you can be excused for this :)

Here is my race setup so far (20 laps), lap times ranging from 1:09.875 (lap 8) to 1:10.452 (lap 3 and 5). My last 3 laps were rubbish (10:5, 10:7 and 11:0) so I do not count them. My tyres were not too bad though, F: 79% 82% R: 74% 77%

I have not practiced too much yet, so I expect my times to improve, but my point is that my setup felt stable over the whole stint :)

View attachment s7 rv1,2.svm

Thanks fellas, love your setups Reik.. I realised how much I was dependant on your setups at the last race, had to improvise lol Like Nico says about being the most reliant setup poster, I also agree, and no need for any apology man! I'm sure everyone that uses them are just as greatful as I, that you even share them! So big thanks to you mate, and everyone else also willing to share them! :)

You have been the most generous and relaible person in posting setups here Riek, thx a lot :).

i did this setup few days ago , it felt good to start with :)..

Attachments

• Anthony_a1_2011.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 231
Guys, thank you for your nice words. :)

If drivers like Dave have the feeling that my setups suit them best, there's no problem to pm me a short reminder some days before the event if I didn't allready post a setup. :)

Just a thought i just got...

Very simplified one could argue that a setup is somewhere on the "easy to drive and slower" or "hard to drive and faster" line, if you know what I mean. (I believe it has to do with extreme values on camber, toe in/out and also rear stiffness.)

Reik's setup can probably be placed somewhere to the right on that line (i.e. more fast and hard than slow and easy) while mine probably belongs further to the left. I think Reik has said this himself, that his setup is hard to drive but fast.

Everybody chooses their own setup, but remember, it does not help to be super-fast if one do not complete the race. This is of course only ment as constructive advice, nothing else :)

The reason I mention this is that I see the same with most new drivers, they seem to start in the wrong end; First getting a quick qual pace (least important), then getting a good race pace (medium important) and in the end the challenge is to last the whole race (super important).

Personally I start in the other end, after a handfull laps to (re)learn the track (maybe 10 minutes) I start my stint practice, trying to be consistant throughout the whole stint. When i master this I try to improve my race pace (which kind of happens at the same time as trying to be consistant), and in the end, if there is time (and there rearly is) I might do some qual practice, but usually I would rather do another stint and more or less do the qual without any tailor made practice fat all.

The only reason you see me on the 5-laps server is because it is more often "crowded" and I join there to be social. But it does not take long before I move over to the stint server again :)

For me it would be great to have more people to practice stints with, makes it more fun, even though I find it entertaining to push every lap and try to acheive "the perfect" stint on my own.

To summarize my post:
a) stint practice is of more value for most relative to qual practice
b) when choosing setup, ask yourself "will this get me through the race without mistakes?" before focusing on race pace.

A very interesting thought.

I think my setups can be really difficult to drive especially when it comes to longer stints. :) My brother Nico is also an excellent driver and we often challenged each other in the past. He also couldn't handle my setups well, so he better used his own ones. And i couldn't be quick with his ones, because for me they were feeling much to "heavy" with a higher tendency to understeer. There are just different driving styles so finally everyone has to find it out for himself.

Nico is right. Finishing the race must have highest priority.

Here's my setup, as it stands it's just a Q setup, taken from my trusty Silverstone setup which I tend to use as a base for all my sets

I think it's fairly stable but also quick(ish), I'd be interested to know what someone else thought of it

Jim

Attachments

• jim#1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 280
Heres my pb lap

On the setups it does help if you get used to a way in which you drive, I tend to use same lock, brake pressure and bias settings for every track and 1st thing i set when using someone elses setup. I think mines really stable(for me anyway lol) and i can get on power quick, good turn in and im happy.
Ive done 1 70 litres long fuel stint steady lap times, did only do 10 laps at that time though early days. Maybe need adjusted for tires in race but seem ok will have to do full stint sometime.

I have a little hint just in case someone doesn't know about it. Are you allways getting penetrated by your pit crew, who wants to force you to come in sometimes during the race? It's easy to avoid this. Just search for this line in your svm-file:

"NumPitstopsSetting=3"

The "3" says that you plan to do 3 stops. Just set it to "0" and the game let's you decide when you want to come in. :) I remember GTR2, where you have the option ingame to set it to "0".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 210 14.3%