Season 7 - Planning (Season 6 review)

Just to get us back on topic, from the top-down perspective I think two spesific "parameters" are very telling of how good a season is:

Parameter 1;
The ultimate goal would be to have 25 drivers (or more split up in 2 divisions) that all participated throughout the season (making most or all races). In season 6 we had 6 drivers leaving us within the first 6 races. Although it is not (neccessarely) a crime to leave the league mid season, it does it/us no good. It would be cool to see less people leave us during season 7 :)

Parameter 2;
Ultimate goal: Everybody completing a race as close to the winner as possible. Imagine a race where 25 starting cars all finish within 2 laps of the winner. I do not mean that the slower drivers have to become faster (although it doesn't hurt), I mean that we as a league want to see as few mistakes as possible. Mistakes are seldom good for a race (unless commited by Reik/an untouchable race leader).

Does this make sense? Anybody disagree?

Of course it makes sence! How couldn't it? :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAH:D

back to Nico:)

P1 nothing other to say is correct

P2 Im a bit touched :) im in slowest category but think that this year I have improve my PB about 1 or 2sec. about my old times, think finished all race and this is not enough for compete ensamble at this BAND of CRAZY DRIVERS but but but like say my mate Valter :) ......not down with the sword.... sure I dont stop my race with you guys I will brake again your nuts :D if born or better reborn Div2 Im a bit happy maybe found some drivers like my skill and one day 1st place hahahahahaha

proud PrestoGP's driver

Ultimate goal: Everybody completing a race as close to the winner as possible. Imagine a race where 25 starting cars all finish within 2 laps of the winner

I don't think we're too far away from this:)

Mistakes are seldom good for a race (unless commited by Reik/an untouchable race leader)

It's up to us to try and put him under pressure, he is only human(mostly):tongue:..J

Jim

Nice try Peter! :) You want to provoke me untill I feel touched by my honour and try to prove that it's possible to win from behind. Really nice try but I don't consider proving this. (at least atm :))

But if we use super pole it's also possible that I crash out on a timed lap. Believe me, that this format would thrill me too and make me nervous! :)

if born or better reborn Div2 Im a bit happy maybe found some drivers like my skill and one day 1st place hahahahahaha

I think we should be close to 30 reliable drivers (preferably 50) before we re-open division 2 :) I believe Presto GP are at it's best when we have 2 divisions. Everybody that are commited would find their place in a 2 division system, but with only one division, I understand that the gap between the fastest and slowest driver is considerable.

Ultimate goal: Everybody completing a race as close to the winner as possible. Imagine a race where 25 starting cars all finish within 2 laps of the winner.

I don't think we're too far away from this:)

I agree, it is acheivable already today as long as all 20-25 drivers has a good day/race. I guess the problem is that it is enough that one out of the whole field has a drop in consentration sometime during the race. But I feel that for every race we do, everybody becomes more and more stable, and the chances for a perfect race increases for every passing day :)

:cool: Thing's can only get better !!

I cant wait for new season , a good thing for everyone is sharing setups, vids etc to help improve others times etc, last season i just used eithier reiks or anthonys setups this helped me be alot faster without the worry of making and practicing with setups , i would just go out do a few laps and get used to their setup making small changes to suit my driving style.
It would be great to have enough commited drivers to have 2 divisions again with more even balanced pace between drivers giving everyone better close racing , but aslong as there are people within division you can race with, we can have enjoyable races.
For me its all about the close racing:good:

Nice try Peter! :) You want to provoke me untill I feel touched by my honour and try to prove that it's possible to win from behind. Really nice try but I don't consider proving this. (at least atm :))
That's OK champ. You effectively give me [and many others] a full lap head start when you start from pole. :)

But if we use super pole it's also possible that I crash out on a timed lap. Believe me, that this format would thrill me too and make me nervous! :)

Though it hasn't been confirmed yet, I think a 5 - 8 min Super-Pole session followed by an extended race should [or could] improve our season. Downside for me will be staying ahead of them Blue Flags.

i believe we had a great season with lots of close racing , the lap time and the racing consistency of many drivers have been improved a lot , thx to many factors including setup sharing from most drivers etc...

in order to make season 7 more interesting i believe we need to introduce few things so the season does not become a copy/ repetition of the last one ,so we need to break the routine to spice up the challenge and the racing in general without compromising the solid base that we have been working on for few seasons now, many interesting new ideas have been suggested at the end of season 6 so we really need to start working/ testing them in races with F1 cars before the season starts to make sure that they are exactly what we are after for more enjoyable races ...:)

- the only way we can slow down Reik( our champ :) ) is by introducing +20kg of weigh penalty for every race he wins- and - only hard tires for qualy :wink::tongue:

But then please same penalties for everyone who wins. :)

Anthony is very right!

btw, if we want some more guys to sign up, we should be clear about the format as soon as possible (race length, qualy format). I think some guys consider signing up depending on race length...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%