Season 7 - Planning (Season 6 review)

We had a very good season 6 I think, by far the best since we swapped to f1 in season 4. But there are always things we can improve, so this thread is for reviewing season 6 and planning and preparing for season 7. What is good, what is not, what can be better and so on. Race length, point system, rules and guidelines, setup sharing etc etc.

Default is to do exactly like last year :)

PS: I am planning to honer Reik and also Tim and Andy for their acheivments in season 6, sorry for looking towards next season before you have received your well deserved recognision :)

nothing to say about point system and really OK "setup sharing" nice choice.Race length the question is a bit articulate we have a big problem around pit stop too many time (in true is same for all) so I think if we want change something we must work around " limited choice of wheels " or more mandatory pit stop but guys we have an ACE :)(maybe) ours weather man cool if is possible more weather changes,Im thinking that 10 laps more are about from 15' to 25' and 10 laps think is minimum for increase the numbers of laps how of us can stay 30' more on race? ask because we are around the world and not all have the same CLOCK.

Hey chaps

S6 was a great season, too many dnf's for myself but still enjoyable:cool:

What could we do different? I've said this before but I'll say it again....I would like to see us move as close as posible to RL F1 as it stands right now....with the race length the same as always, we ban refueling:eek:, we ask Gunther to remove the medium and hard option tyres from the mod, leaving us with two options of "Pirelli":tongue:, we possibly consider lifting the pit speed limit and we go racing... managing fuel and tyres, stopping at least twice (probably unless your button-esk with them) for tyres only

At some events fuel would be ok..at others we would need to manage it for some of the race... some quick maths before the race and we could set a target "fuel left in the tank" amount for various points of the race, (write it down on paper to refer to as the race unfolds).. we would know if we were up or down on where we need to be, if we were too agresive early on we would have too back off the revs at some point in the race until we were back on fuel target, just like RL:D

The refueling ban should be easy to police by checking the replay, cars that change only tyres go straight up onto jacks, any that sit for a while would have some explaining to do, or we could submit our race motec file to the stewards post race? it would only take 20/30mins to check them, it's a piece of cake

I think it could be good:cool:

Jim

First thing great season 6 good to be back :D

I like some of ideas we have talked about the speed limit removed etc trying to spice up race stratagy we need some trials to see how would and if it could affect stratagy. Like jims says to be like real life f1 how about a split qualifing ? reducing track time to get your laps in maybe just a q1 and q2 say 10 mins q1 and 10 mins for q 2 any errors with limited track times at longer laps time tracks could shake up grid a little. We could simple run q thn change session back to q and all drivers that never made it through to q2 simply dont sit a time that session.

im happy to race whatever way is decided, but what i will say is why change it at all? if season 6 was good then season 7 would be better using the same rules, everyones used to them.

Hey chaps

S6 was a great season, too many dnf's for myself but still enjoyable:cool:

What could we do different? I've said this before but I'll say it again....I would like to see us move as close as posible to RL F1 as it stands right now....with the race length the same as always, we ban refueling:eek:, we ask Gunther to remove the medium and hard option tyres from the mod, leaving us with two options of "Pirelli":tongue:, we possibly consider lifting the pit speed limit and we go racing... managing fuel and tyres, stopping at least twice (probably unless your button-esk with them) for tyres only

At some events fuel would be ok..at others we would need to manage it for some of the race... some quick maths before the race and we could set a target "fuel left in the tank" amount for various points of the race, (write it down on paper to refer to as the race unfolds).. we would know if we were up or down on where we need to be, if we were too agresive early on we would have too back off the revs at some point in the race until we were back on fuel target, just like RL:D

The refueling ban should be easy to police by checking the replay, cars that change only tyres go straight up onto jacks, any that sit for a while would have some explaining to do, or we could submit our race motec file to the stewards post race? it would only take 20/30mins to check them, it's a piece of cake

I think it could be good:cool:

Jim

+1.
No need to change the Mod IMO. Let's simply agree not to Fuel Up or use other than the proscribed tyre compounds decided upon for the event. Try a fun run using some new regs and then discuss.
Otherwise, x3 Tyre wear and Fuel Use turned off in the Dedi Server...

edit: or as David states, leave the formula alone :) Could well be the wisest choice.

Hey I thought about giving my opinions maybe it can help.

How about car choice? the FRR is an ok car, thought you guys would only have same set of tyres which is not really like F1 but the positive of these cars they are really easy to get started with and easy to setup.

Race lenght I think it should stay the same as people in different timezones might struggle to stay for all that time (but then again only matters if you have people from outside the Euro timezone).

Qualy should stay as a single open session its the best format for simracing in my opinion.

Hope it helps

I read with attention all changes propositions exposed. Wathever options make for next saison, i will be fine with them.

For me, there is one significant change. Because that will allows me to participate at the european ligue.
I don't know if it will be acceptable for all, nevertheless i propose it: the events could not be delayed a few hours? Qualify time at 10.30 pm (french time) so 8.30 pm GTM time, will be great for me.

sorry fabrice, id like to be racing against you in the coming season and im sure we'd try anything to accomodate you but the times have been the one constant since even i started in season 2, i think its best to leave them like they are and the times you propose are very late in the evening, we wouldnt be finished till midnight which is far too late.

sorry fabrice, id like to be racing against you in the coming season and im sure we'd try anything to accomodate you but the times have been the one constant since even i started in season 2, i think its best to leave them like they are and the times you propose are very late in the evening, we wouldnt be finished till midnight which is far too late.

Sorry Fabrice, i agree with David.

I understand perfectly. No worries mates, there is no question of imposing late hours to the whole, the risk of disrupting the races and the championship so for my own person.

Maybe I will change jobs in the course of the year. It is not safe, it will depend on various parameters. But if so, then my new work schedule will allow me to participate they with you?

Anyway, I hope the FPES will still be a success and I would not fail to followthis closely.

I hope you'll find a way to join some races, Fabrice.

About the next season I'd like less time for Qual and more for Race. What about Qual lasting 10 minutes with superpole format (only 1 fast lap)? It would spice up the race.

I'd support this idea! Super Pole is a challenge of its own with the potential to spice up the grit (to say it with Nicolas' words). As a positive side effect we'd earn some time to eventually increase the race length. I support Tim's opinion, who says that drivers will most likely lower the first-corners-agressivness if the race lasts longer (let's say real number of laps). Consistancy would pay off even more as it allready does.

Otherwise I wouldn't change much more, because David T. said it very well. We had much fun in Season 6, so why change anything. The more we change, the more we loose of our hard achieved experience. And I think the high amount of experience we have is a very good basis for much more clean fighting and racing.

Finally I want to point out, that I'm open for everything, because I like the challenge itself. (I'm very happy to see the sign up list so far :))

let's say real number of laps
I like the superpole format. The Porsche club races I and Kurt used to be in had that type of Q.
Or we could have shorter practice session to compensate for the longer race. I would like to hear what our Aussie friends say. It's very early in the morning for them.

I like the superpole format. The Porsche club races I and Kurt used to be in had that type of Q.
Or we could have shorter practice session to compensate for the longer race. I would like to hear what our Aussie friends say. It's very early in the morning for them.

One Aussie down here has no problem with this. Technical issues aside, I am on the server from the start of the practice session.
Superpole is fine by me [I am in favour :)], however...

I am a little concerned about having a championship contender starting at the back of the field [due to a Q error :tongue:] late[r] in the season. Adds to the challenge...:)

Another Aussie supporting the superpole idea if it is married with a longer race distance , normally my mind is switched of in the early morning and i do lots of errors during z Q session and one lap would most likely put me far back but i am totally fine with that as long as we run longer race distance , more challenge and more chance to pick up points :)..

The start of qualify to the end of the race is the "sacred" time that we need to be very careful about changing. Although I rearly manage to keep the schedule, this is what it was supposed to look like in season 6:

Practice: 7pm-7:58
Practice start: 7:58-8:00
Qualify: 8:00-8:25
Warmup: 8:25:8:30
Race: 8:30-9:30

After some experience, where I learned that everything takes longer than anticipated, I made a more realistic schedule (still for season 6):

Practice: 7pm-7:57
Practice start: 7:57-8:00
Qualify: 8:00-8:26
Warmup: 8:26:8:32
Race: 8:32-9:35

This means that the core time is from 8:00-9:35. This is where we need to fit in qualify, warm-up and race for season 7 :) (The practice session is only meant as the session where we can join at our leasure, any time before the qualify starts.)

All times are British time btw

SUPERPOLE ? of course:)
well done Nicolas, I like this idea

EDIT: mmmmmmm Im thinking maybe some problem with superpole if we do the sum of every racers(25) the total is " big amount of time ".
we can start with gap of 15sec.between us for 24(gap) racers is 6minutes and for a track lap of 1' 45" for 25 racers is about 43'

1'45" (1st racer do installation lap)

15 x 24 = 360 / 60 = 6 minutes (gap)

105 x 25 = 2625 / 60 = 43,75 minutes 44'15" ( time superpole )

total:
1'45"+
6'00"+
44'15"=
52'

we have only 26' for Quali

I dont know but is possible with Race run in ghost mode? like say everybody run in a free track so we can run simultaneously all is done 10 minutes for Superpole-Quali so we gain 16minutes more for race:)

EDIT: mmmmmmm Im thinking maybe some problem with superpole if we do the sum of every racers(25) the total is " big amount of time ".
we can start with gap of 15sec.between us for 24(gap) racers is 6minutes and for a track lap of 1' 45" for 25 racers is about 43'

No, the SuperPole Session could be no more than 5 mins in length. Everyone does their lap more or less at the same time; everyone has the track to themselves [a solo :) ]....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%