1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

SEASON 7 ARCHIVE

Discussion in 'PS3 | Sunday Night Championship' started by Ben Milden, Sep 13, 2014.

1. McLaren

10.0%
  2. Ferrari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mercedes

40.0%
  4. RedBull

20.0%
  5. Lotus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Williams

10.0%
  7. Reserves

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

SEASON 7 SIGN UP

image.jpg

Hi guys and yes it's that time again to sign up for another season of action packed clean racing. Last season dominated by @Gareth Messham but with the change to turbo/hybrid cars will the pack be shuffled? Any question don't hesitate to message this seasons boss @Rob McEwan or @Ben Milden @Gareth Messham if your not sure on certain things. Above all I hope you all enjoy the season and please please please only sign up if your able to race the WHOLE season.

NAME:
    PSN:
    RACE NUMBER:
    TWITTER HANDLE:

Drivers participating so far

#1 @Gareth Messham

#2 @Gareth Williams

#7 @Ben Milden

#10 @Omari watson

#11 @Chris Gristwood (reserve)

#14 @Andy Goodwin

#43 @Peter Bakker

#44 @Jonathan Seekings

#46 @Dean Ragan

#53 @Rob McEwan

#69 @Graeme Weston

#81 @Jeremy Sheppard (reserve)

#87 @Steven Bold

#91 @TwoSpell_Wizard

#92 @jinCHEZ

HERES A TASTE OF WHAT WE CAN EXPECT

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

heres an example of how it could work from f1 2005

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gareth Messham

Gareth Messham
    Premium Member

Name: Gareth Messham
    PSN: madmesh
    Race Number: 44 or 1
    Twitter Handle: @GarethMessham

QUALIFYING SHOULD BE ONE LAP OR NORMAL SESSION:

Normal. Always enjoyed it this way. Feels the closest we can get to the way the do it for real

TEAMS SHOULD BE RANDOM DRAW/DRIVERS PICK:

Drivers pick. You may feel that in would say this but.....Last season was the most competitive SNC ever and I beleive this was because the driver chose their preferred car and teammate. We had some mighty teams last year and I hope we can mirror this for season 7.

RACE LENGTH SHOULD BE:

50% is ideal. Shorter would be more fun. Would be always interesting doing 100% but we get a lot of peoplequitting mid race as it is

STEWARDS SHOULD REMAIN THE SAME/ EX-DRIVERS:

Our stewards last season we very fair and consistant last season.
    I'm on the fence on this one

HOW CAN YOU HELP THE LEAGUE:
    Helping with the stewards this season and open to do more but I'm as good at computers as Maldonado is at driving

Looking forward to getting stuck into the new game and defending my title.
    Season 7 has the ingredients to be the best season yet!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. NAME: Rob Mcewan
    PSN: robnoxious9000
    RACE NUMBER: 53
    TWITTER HANDLE: Robnoxious9000

QUESTIONS
    I admit the one shot qually sounds interesting, but my vote is going for normal session.

Random Draw

RACE LENGTH SHOULD BE:
    50%

I think now is as good a time for change as ever.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NAME: Gareth Williams
    PSN: Gazer123
    RACE NUMBER: 2..
    TWITTER HANDLE: ....

QUESTIONS
    I'm going to say normal

Drivers pick, going from last season in championship order?..

RACE LENGTH SHOULD BE:
    50%

I'm gonna say same as last season,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

NAME: Ben Milden
    PSN: BENALESI27
    RACE NUMBER: 27
    TWITTER HANDLE: BENALESI27

QUESTIONS
    QUALIFYING SHOULD BE ONE LAP OR NORMAL SESSION: one lap as it would mix up the grid meaning more overtaking and possible different winners.

TEAMS SHOULD BE RANDOM DRAW/DRIVERS PICK: Random I actually think last season wasn't as competitive because the games between drivers seemed bigger. I think if you get two guys that practice all the time when others can't that can be detrimental to the league

RACE LENGTH SHOULD BE: 50%

STEWARDS SHOULD REMAIN THE SAME/ EX-DRIVERS: needs a change so ex-drivers

HOW CAN YOU HELP THE LEAGUE: will continue with race threads and maybe points table but hoping somebody will take that on

• Like Like x 1
  7. QUALIFYING SHOULD BE ONE LAP OR NORMAL SESSION:
    One lap. change is good. If it doesnt work then just revert back.
    Either/or. Random is interesting and you can help someone you might not normally, but drivers pick means you can bounce of each other easier (obviously not in the race though :p )
    RACE LENGTH SHOULD BE:
    50% works well enough.
    Again change is good, but current stewards know what they are doing so doesnt matter either way.
    Any way you need me to (within reason :p )

By the way this isn't me signing up....yet :o

• Like Like x 2
  8. NAME: Dean Ragan
    PSN: GUNNERGAMBLE
    RACE NUMBER: 46
    TWITTER HANDLE: @GUNNERGAMBLE

QUESTIONS
    NORMAL SESSION
    RANDOM DRAW
    RACE LENGTH SHOULD BE:
    50%
    AS LONG AS THERE IMPARTIAL I'M NOT FUSSED
    IF I'M ASKED?... HOWEVER I COULD!... MAYBE DOING INTROS FOR YOUTUBE/PODCAST PAGE ETC...BUT WOULD HAVE TO WAIT TILL I GET A NEW LAPTOP IN A FEW WEEKS

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sunday Night Championship : Rules and Regulations
    Game Version - PS3 F1 2014

Time - Sundays @ 21:00 GMT/British Time

Game Settings
    Race Settings
    Participation:
    Short Weekend + Short Qualifying
    Race Distance: 50%
    Car Assignment: Player's Choice
    Weather Setting: Dynamic
    Track Selection: All 19 Tracks in game order

Simulation Settings
    Rules and Flags:
    Reduced(unless codemasters have fixed regular rules)
    Parc Ferme: On
    Car Damage: Full
    Car Performance: Equal
    Safety Car: On

Assist Restrictions
    Braking Assist:
    Banned
    ABS: Banned
    Traction Control: Banned
    Dynamic Racing Line: Banned
    Gearbox: Banned
    Pit Assist: Banned

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sunday Night Championship Season 7 Rules

Racing

1.1 You must race cleanly at all times, no contact should occur between any cars on or off the track. Although accidents do happen, intentionally crashing into another cars will result in a warning, penalty or instant ban.

1.2 If you accidentally take out another car, or are responsible for causing an incident, you must in a safe manner let the other car back in front of you. Even if it was a complete accident on your behalf, see it as a punishment you are dealt for causing the collision. If you don't wait, the affected driver can rightfully report the incident to the stewards. This rule can only be overruled by the affected driver telling you over the microphone to keep going. TO REITERATE: if you hit someone off you MUST wait for them to regain their place infront of you before you continue on, it is essential that we all respect this rule.

Overtaking

2.1 Respect your fellow racers

2.2 Don't be too aggressive when trying to overtake other cars. As you are the chasing car, it's your responsibility not to make contact.

Defending

3.1 Excessive weaving and blocking is not allowed, pick a line and stick to it.

3.2 More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position must leave at least a cars width of space to the side of the track.

3.3 Do not force a chasing car off the track, a cars width most be left at all times. If the attacking car is alongside with its nose ahead of your side-pod going into a corner you must adjust your line to avoid collision.

Corner Cutting

4.1 You must stay within the white lines with at least two of your tyres at any one times.

4.2 Cutting corners, or extending the track, to gain an advantage is not allowed. Drivers found persistently breaking this rule will be punished retrospectively.

4.3 If you overtake someone off track, you must give them the position back, unless the game awards you a penalty.

Qualifying Etiquette

5.1 It's your own responsibility to find free space on the track when setting a lap time.

5.2 A car on a hot lap does not have to yield for a faster car coming up from behind.

5.3 If you are on an out-lap or In-lap you must yield to faster approaching cars by moving clear off the racing line in good time as not to confuse the approaching driver.

General Behavior

Communication

6.1 Please use a working headset while in the pre-race lobby and while qualifying and racing, to effectively receive any messages the Coordinator has to give. Using a headset is not mandatory, but desirable. Communicating with other drivers while on track often makes it easier to avoid - and resolve - incidents.

6.2 As a backup or if you don't own a headset, Please enter the organized Chat Lobby to receive any communication by the Coordinator.

Lobby Etiquette

7.1 Shouting, name-calling and generally speaking rudely is not acceptable. Drivers who are a disruptive influence will be penalized accordingly, or in extreme cases removed from the championship.

7.2 Respect all other drivers

7.3 Respect the championship coordinator and listen or read all messages given. Accept all decisions the coordinator makes but if you feel any actions/decisions are wrong please address the issue calmly and maturely.Coordinators decisions are final within the lobby but may be reviewed later if required. Making a call instantly is very tricky and the coordinator, even if participating in the race, is expected to be entirely neutral.

7.4 A 60-second break is alloted in the garage before race time to allow drivers to take a quick breather and grab a drink. If any extra time is needed for an unforeseeable circumstance, please send a PSN inbox message to the league coordinator in charge of the race so that extra time may be added. The race will not start until said driver informs the coordinator they have returned and the league coordinator will then start the race clock countdown. Failure to heed to this rule will result in further disciplinary action

In-race Etiquette

8.1 If you are involved in an on-track incident, don't overreact and stay calm . Losing out due to another driver's mistake or recklessness is no excuse for retaliation or rule breaking. If another driver does something you feel is wrong, report it to the Stewards Panel after the race rather than argue about it over the microphone, Chat Room or RD forum.

8.2 If you are having a bad race Stay calm and try and make the best of a bad situation. Leaving a race prematurely could result in a warning or penalty.

8.3 If you know you suffer from lagging issues, or are battling with someone on track who you know suffers from lagging issues, then you need to exercise extreme caution when attempting overtakes or using defensive maneuvers.

Participation

No-shows

9.1 If you are unable to attend a race, you have to give notice for your absence in the race thread before the race starts.

9.2 Drivers who no-show without giving notice in the appropriate thread, or without giving a proper reason, will be given a warning. Three unannounced absences and you will be ejected from the championship

Rule Enforcement

We cannot possibly control all the actions of all the drivers, but we have ways to penalize drivers who break the rules.

Stewards Panel

10.1 The stewards office will be opened 2 hour after the race (to give you time to calmly concider any incidents), please keep your enquirys brief to the point and as diplomatic as possible. This must be done within 48 hours of the thread being posted. It is recommended that you try to resolve the problem by talking to the other parties involved before taking it to the Stewards, and use the Stewards Panel as a last resort.

10.2 Available penalties include; a warning being awarded to the driver, time being added onto the driver's finishing time, a qualifying ban for the next race, or in rare cases disqualification from the race or the Championship.

Warning System

11.1 Warnings can be handed out for bad on-track behavior, disruptive influence on a race, no-show without giving notice. Basically, if you break any of the league's rules, you could receive a warning.

1 warning means that you have been warned for breaking a rule.
    2 warnings mean you're get a qualifying ban
    3 warnings will result in a race ban.
    4 warnings will result in disqualification from the Season

Penalties

12.1 In some instances drivers may be awarded penalties as a result of their actions. Potential penalties include; a warning being issued to the driver, time penalties, qualifying ban for the next race, point deduction, or in rare cases disqualification from the race or the Championship - depending on the severity of the driver's indiscretion.

12.2 All penalties are discussed by the Stewards Panel before being issued and the driver will always be informed of the outcome. The Stewards Panel is completely neutral and their decisions are final.

Race Classification

Points system
    1st = 25 pts, 2nd = 18 pts, 3rd = 15 pts, 4th = 12 pts, 5th = 10 pts, 6th = 8 pts, 7th = 6 pts, 8th = 4 pts, 9th = 2 pts, 10th = 1 pt, 11th-16th = 0 pts.

DNF Rules

13.2 In the case of a driver not finishing the race, the points scored are modified accordingly.

Modified points

13.3 If a driver deliberately leaves the race in any way - also known as rage-quitting - no points are awarded, regardless of race distance completed.

13.4 If a driver disconnects or destroys their vehicle and has completed 75% of the race distance, they will be considered as "classified" and be awarded points per finishing positions stated in bullet point 13.1

Disconnections

14.1 If you lose connection in a race, no action will be carried out.

14.2 If you lose connection in qualifying, before any driver has posted a lap time, the Coordinator will restart the lobby. This action will only happen a maximum of three times per race meeting.

Mass disconnections

14.3 If 25% of the grid suddenly lose connection or within a few seconds of each other before 50% of the race distance has been completed, the lobby will be reset and a random grid formed and the race restarted. After 50% race distance has been completed no action will be carried out.

** YOU MUST CLICK "LIKE" AT THE END OF THIS POST TO CONFIRM YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD RULES. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN NO PARTICIPATION FROM YOU THIS SEASON **

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 12
    • Like Like x 3
  12. NAME: Jeremy Sheppard
    PSN: Bones_FL
    RACE NUMBER: 81
    TWITTER HANDLE: N/A

I'll be a reserve or third driver until further notice for the season. If anything changes about my status as a driver in the league I will inform the organizers. Good luck everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

GREAT NEWS we can official reveal our first steward for season 7. He has a lot of experience as a driver in the league and is a guy we can all trust 100% so welcome to @Adel Elsayed I hope you will all agree he's a great choice

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

EVEN MORE GREAT NEWS we have our second steward again like adel he has good experience and knows all us drivers so welcome onboard @Jonathan Seekings

• Like Like x 2
  15. NAME: Chris Gristwood
    PSN: Famous5cg
    RACE NUMBER: 11
    TWITTER HANDLE : Got an account but don't use it

I would like to race another season of f1. Did saturday night league last season with Jeremy Sheppard. I will let u know if i would like to commit fully. When would it start and what times on sunday? Also i guess this is ps3 not ps4?
    Thanks

16. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Hi Chris the races will start at 9:00pm uk time and looking to start about 2 weeks after the game is launched but that's not confirmed. And yes ps3 let us no if your 100% so I can add you to the roster

17. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. knew that was coming before i even got to the end of the sentence :p

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Team Merica #64 Corvette C7.R Premium Member

I'm not gonna lie, had a tough decision. Saw you guys moved the start time to an earlier time and was debating on stewarding or racing.

Decided to steward so I could focus my main attention on a championship run against SamPOPSY in the F1 League. Someone has to put those young kids in place. =)

Anyway, when the game is out, don't be afraid to invite me to practice. Love racing with you fellas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Great to see that this league is continuing bigger and better than ever! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.