Season 6 Race 8: Istanbull post race

Well, i hope and trust you will soon conclude that your fortune can only go one way (up), and that the later time has been the best anger management test you have had in a while :).

I'll bet that Barcelona will be a great race for you if you are able to "re-light your fire".

lol Nico, it definatly is a test, these last 4 races have took me to breaking point and back, in some way i do understand Joe's actions, but it still cant happen among this group who try so hard to keep it all clean, i do apologise to joe for the sync issue, the same happened between me and tim i went off in a rage then too, joe crossed a line though that shouldnt have been crossed, if i was to do the same then you better watch you back Tim old buddy old pal :p (JOKE!!)

ill most likely be back for the next race, i cant stay away for long when it comes to racing, i dont plan on my luck being any better as this season ive pretty much written off from now, but rest asured if i am at barca, it will be to compete hard but fairly and no thoughts of taking anyone out will ever cross my mind.

David :)

Joe knows well that some incidents are only incidents for the person on the wrong side of the sync issue... In Silverstone he was bumped off the track during a sync issue involving him and I.

His actions cannot be defended, rationalized, or tolerated.

Joe's assertion that another driver willfully took him out of the race is utterly disrespectful to the organizers of this league, because he is essentially saying that the organizers are failing at keeping a gentlemen's league which is far from the truth.

Nicolai please do not try to take any blame for this, you are a world-class volunteer. This is out of your hands, and nothing you could have said before the race would have changed Joe's actions. We all read the same rules, and the same instructions from the race director. We all know what this league's standard is, and that the goal is clean racing.

"Nicolai please do not try to take any blame for this, you are a world-class volunteer."

very true, and this league wouldnt be made up of some great drivers and people if it werent for you so dont feel as if any of this is a slight on anything you do, its not, theres only so much you can do youve already provided us with a fair, clean and friendly place to come race at, its upto us to race and act to the standard you set us.

Thank you guys :)

Joe's assertion that another driver willfully took him out of the race is utterly disrespectful to the organizers of this league, because he is essentially saying that the organizers are failing at keeping a gentlemen's league which is far from the truth.

That's bulls eye, this is the exact point, that we always must assume/know that incidents on the track are indeed incidents and never ill intentioned.

Also, this shows that if one are unhappy with stuff going on on the track one need to speak about it. If Joe feels that faster driver are disrespectful and does not show enough care, make a short video of a spesific situation that illustrates your point and post it in the forum with your thoughts around it, in a friendly way of course.

Congratulations Reik, Jim and Tim

Q: 15 But to my surprise I came out P5?

R: 15 There was a new and unusual feeling to start as far up the field.

The start went well and the first stint was very good.
But after a pit stop and a stop-and-go for speeding in pitlane I was back at my normal spot.

Anyway, I had a decent race and I enjoyed it all the way to the checkered flag

See you in Spain:cool:

Grats Reik, Jim and Tim!

Q: 14th

Warmup: 5th :)
I was deep into a fuel consumption test when the messages about letting someone in was written in the chat. Like the great Faulty Towers character “Manuel” I was in a “I know nothing” mode.

R: 13th
I was in 5th spot on the grid and just went to the left to let everybody by. I didn't like to be in front of the guys that had made a better Q than me. P14 or last is no big deal for me. I’m pleased just to drive with a bunch of really good pilotes. And my preparation for the race was not like usual. I was away from home for three days and came back three hours before practise.

The race turned out to be a very entertaining event for me anyhow. The first laps racing close with David T, Eliezer, Bob, Joe and Valerio was cool.

On Lap 4 I’m trying to catch Nicolai, not a very easy thing to do.

Lap 5. I spin in T1, he he. Down to P17 again behind Eliezer.

Lap 7. Behind Peter. P16.

Lap 12. Now I’m very close to Peter. P12.

Lap 13. He overtakes Vince and after this I lose him :frown: Next time m8... :)

Lap 16. I spin 300° to the right exciting T10, ooops. I get P13 behind Eliezer.

Lap 19. Chased hard by Nicolas. P12.

Lap 20. Pit. I go back out in P16.

Lap 22. Reik is lapping me under braking for T12. I have P14.

L 23 I meet my team mate in first turn, now he is chasing me. And we all know how bad we want to win team mate duels. But Kurt is a nice guy and doesn’t overtake me. I think he could have when I got wide in T8. Safety was more important for my good buddy. My spot now, P14.

Lap 36. I spin in last turn an go from P11 to P14.

Lap 40. I'm finishing in P13 behind Eliezer.

Thanks Nicolai for this great league. It is the best.

CU on track m8s

hi all grats reik jim and tim!!
logitech send me new wheel saturday i take race in pacific and test set race and q !!happy what can start on instambull sry nico for not ask you and my partecipation :)!!!
my q go bad beacouse alwais same problem with grafic 1 22 8 10 in grid but feel ok for the race!!!later 1 corner im 16 !try not touch anyone guy and go good !!!pit on 20 lap all ok finish my race 4 ^^ not bad for my return !!
thx nico for this oganized league!!!its a very nice work !!

later the 3 race imola^^ i lose my g27 for problem on hardware logitech send me new later 2 monst i try the 4 and 5 race drive with old wheel this is a motivation for moviment in my head what im frustrating so decide ritired and start when i have new g27

i lose probability a possibility figth for the title but im still here beacouse i love the competition need to say still thx nico for this organized league!!

i really hope what not lose any guys on this league!!! cu all on barcellona im there for pratice :))!!!

horus3000!!!

Thank you for uploading the replay files Nico :)
I will have a look at the them over the weekend as I usually do; though from reading the various race/ incident reports I will say that I am not overly enthusiastic this time.

I am strong believer in following the guidelines for our league/ competition but there is only one Golden Rule.

Lap 7. Behind Peter. P16.

Lap 12. Now I’m very close to Peter. P12.

Lap 13. He overtakes Vince and after this I lose him :frown: Next time m8... :)

They were a fabulous two laps or so m8. :) ~ 9 laps of chasing Vincenzo and I then made an overtake that I am proud of :D

Yo :)

my race....

Q P3... all good

Race (from memory)... started P7 or 8? after picking up David, no probs with that, it's the right thing to do, I have been grateful for having the chance to re-connect myself this season, I hope we continue this policy always:)

So off the line ok and exit T1 in P4 i think, chasing kurt, I managed to pass kurt after a couple of laps although it wasn't easy as he was going at a pretty decent pace, I then set about Fabrice, who was also fast, I had to wait for Fab to make a slight mistake before I could slip past.

By this time I was around 10-11 secs down on Reik, to my surprise I actually brought the gap down to 8-9 secs as we approached the pit window:eek:, I pitted 2 laps earlier than planned to try something different (flexible strategy:wink:), maybe I could gain some time on the "undercut"? anyway it didn't work, be the time it all unfolded I was still 10-12 secs down on reik

During the second stint I new I had to look after the tyres to go 23 laps on them so the gap to reik grew slowly up to 18 odd secs, by lap 35 my tyres were shot so I gave up the chase and just kept an eye on the gap to tim, pretty much cruised home from there, finished P2

Chuffed to bits:)

I've read all the stuff about Joe..etc, but haven't seen the replay as yet so I should not comment, but suffice to say that if it's all true (which it must be as Joe has admitted it) then it's totally un-acceptable in our league, accidents can happen and always will, but they are accidents/mistakes and therefore can be forgiven, providing apologies are made... but waiting and taking someone out! NO..it has no place here

Had a good chat with Tim and Andy in TS after the race:)

Jim

Edit: PS. In other news.. I've just booked a holiday... next Thursday through to Wednesday of the following week, not my choice on dates, I have to work around the wife and her holiday allocation, she dropped this on me last week, it's those dates or we're not going!... I don't get back until late Weds evening, which means no Barcalona race for me :(

Edit 2:And! this is the best league in the business, with the best bunch of guys, and the best race director.. long may it continue... see you all in Monaco... I'll be checking out the track first hand whilst I'm away :)

[FONT=&quot]I understand everyone is pointing the finger at me, I take full responsibility for my action, it has been a build up frustration, the bomb exploded, David was the victim & there is no excuse for me to do what I’ve done, as I mentioned in my statement I pulled out from the league. But that doesn’t give David or someone else the right to go openly on the forum, badmouthing/dirty talk/rubbish coming from the mouth and they get away with it. I’m done here; I won’t make any more comment thank you all.[/FONT]

Guys, please calm down now. It's enough.

@Joe:
Everyone here tryed to be as objective as possible when writing their own opinion. That David wasn't the same objective than others is acceptable for me, because at least he tryed to be.

@David:
There's no sence to fight back anymore. This hinders you to calm down and I'd like to race against a calmed down David at Barca very much!!! :)

Thank you very much for the latest congrats guys!!! I like them all :)

Jim, I can't wait the next races and the next season. I'm sure you'll have the abilities to conquer me soon. Maybe from your real starting position in 2nd, you hade a chance already at istanbul...(?)

Also David T., David McC., Vincenzo, Alex, Tim, Gaetano, Anthony I. and some more showed good approaches this season to give me a closer challenge soon. I can't wait it guys! :)

i felt i had a chance to challenge you in the past 4 races, ive felt i was getting closer in race pace (qual is a diffrent story) but some bad luck and small mistakes have put paid to any challenge i could make this season.

ill hopefully be able to challenge better next season and put in some more consistant performances, wont stop trying in the remaining races though :)

R: 13th
I was in 5th spot on the grid and just went to the left to let everybody by. I didn't like to be in front of the guys that had made a better Q than me. P14 or last is no big deal for me. I’m pleased just to drive with a bunch of really good pilotes.

very impressive Valter ,It is a gentelman-like behaviour and you should be proud of it :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back