Season 6 Race 7 China (Shangai) - Chat

Thanks. It's the CHINESE_GP track in the menu (Chinese_Gp folder for the setups).

I found another one in the download section here in RD : http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/race-series-tracks-4/shanghai-v-1-1-3724/
It reads "SHANGHAI" in the menu. I tested it just to see what it looks like and it's easier to drive because there's more grip (for instance full throttle in T13 with the same setup). The kerbs are higher, and there's also some kind of banking in T13.

Our version of the track is much more challenging, and I hope I'll find a way to setup my car to avoid spinning every time I push a little!

Ohhh, thx for reminding me, because I only think from event to event, so I forgot there are also different time gaps between some events.

btw: Until Istanbul we have a 3 weeks break after China. It's very helpfull to practice T1 again and again :)
(especially the starting procedure heading into T1 with cold, hard tires and much fuel, it's easy to overbreak the tail)

Thanks for confirming that Nico. :good:

I've downloaded the track using the updater.

There is only one week between Sepang and China:

Calendar:
http://www.racedepartment.com/formu.../45195-season-6-general-stuff.html#post692908

We were acctually supposed to vote about the race date for China, either next week as scheduled or the week after. Due to losing contact with a handful of drivers on e-mail, the big accident(s) at Melbourne and general little time on my hand, I have not got around doing this.

I was also planning to air Jim's idea about no speed limit in the pits to improve the climate for different strategies, but I have not done this yet either for the same reasons.

Having a well working (e-mail) communication is the core of making the league run smoothly!

We've moved it forward for Pacific Nico, I meant to PM you this morning but was running late. Instead of this weekend we are running it next weekend, keeps everything in the nice & tidy fortnightly basket.

And China is such a hard track for guys to be comfortable with in only a week.

I'd also like to have it one week later to stay with the two weeks gap.

By having it next week I see two problems for me:
1. due to a busy weekend and much work in the week, I can't be well prepared in any way
2. and this effect maximises due to the fact that it's a completely new track

On the other hand I'd like to have Fabrice racing with us and my not so good preparation could be an advantage for the drivers chasing me in the championship. So I don't have a problem if it's next week...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 51 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.7%