Season 6 Race 4 Watkins Glen

Thanks Peter!!! I checked yesterday and had thought all hope was lost. This is great news. Very nice free program for anyone who has a spare screen or networked laptop laying around.

I saw the video of the race .... what a beautiful wet race! i give you my impressions:

Congratulations to all for your performance and fair play which reigns from beginning to end.

Impressed by the pace of Alex, you were untouchable in the latter part of the race.

Tim, do a very good end of the race, very consistent, and a well deserved second place.

Reik, you had a laborious end, you cependans retains third place with merit!

There were also battles that lasted almost the entire race, as between Anthony and Sean.

In the end: a wet race tight enough, not much difference between first places. A great time of racing car simulation, impressive and captivating!

Again all my congratulations to all, I am anxious to be able to race with you!

Fabrice, thx for your nice words and analysis :)

I'm happy to see your enthusiasm, because it seems you watched the replay very often from different views.

Would you like to tell your short story about you and your experiences in virtual racing? I'm very curious to know who we are racing against soon. :)
I've seen you already put in a decent time at melbourne. Do you already have further experiences with this mod?

thx peter and Reik.

ok, but I'm not sure this post is to have the right place, so if someone wants to move it, no problem.

First, my personal best in Melbourne that appears on prestoGP (1.22.667) is marred slightly cutting into the last sharp turn right before the big S :(
In fact, with a clean lap, my PB is only 1.23.010 .... still far from the best of you!

To introduce myself, I'm 40, I have an adorable little 9 year old girl and a woman who knows well the sound of the F1 cars ... Now she can even differentiate a Toyota or Renault ... just with sound! ;)
Because I no longer use the headphones which ends up giving me tinnitus ... :((

Otherwise, I started running with my 56k connection! (Yes it is possible ... but a lot of problems) there are about 13 years with the game F1 Challenge 99, if I remember correctly. The online races I've always much more interesting than the AI.
But I had a lot of interrupts during those years.

After I played a lot rfactor, but finally, with Race07, MMG F1 mode is better. I ve tested a little f1 championship last year with some french guys, but it lacked seriousness and I quickly tired. It is also this time that i have discovered prestoGP.

I can say again that I love tweaking my settings f1, I take pleasure in testing and change a few setups that you and the others post on RD. Even if I'm not realy qualified to do so.

Finally, I find the community "RD" very nice, lots of Nationality, many self-help, a lot of fair play in the race .... that you ask for?

hi Fabrice you are a lucky man I run only with headphones and when Im in chat with someone must put a helmet with intephone for not disturb the Sheriff:wink:
in any case welcome with us mate, we met at Watkins but hope see you in other track soon:)

It seems I owe David McCradic a looong overdue appolegy! I (shamefully) didn't watch the replay before today, and there I learn that David was caught up in my accident, and it cost him gravely.

To go back in time, I was 4th, closely followed by Cristian. Approaching carusell I was paying too much attension in finding out if Cristian was going on my inside. I looked behind me one time too many and it was too late to brake. In hindsight/retrospect I shouldn't have looked behind me so much but rather just leave room.

Anyhoo, I crashed into the wall, was tossed up into the air, sideways, upside down, here and there like a cheap hooker. As you know, the graphics update slowly, so I didn't see I had lost a wheel (I pressed escape as soon as I saw that) until after the car was "back in control". In hindsight I should have pressed escape the moment I knew the accident was bound to happen. Such an impact like I had with the wall was bound to end with damage and was also very dangerous for the drivers behind. It is not worth gambeling with my co-racers race to see if I miracolously would survive such a crash. But it all happened very fast and I wasn't thinking straight. In the future though I am sure I will react much more proptly with escaping the race if I would be in such a situation again.

Sorry David :sorry:

thx valerio, I don't run Watkins, but it was preferable! (hard track, wet conditions.... )

I hope run a maximun of evenements, but in FPES it will be rare unfortunately.
however i ll race in pacific league more often

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing