Season 6 Race 4 Watkins Glen - Weather

Thank you Daniel, the weather worked great. There were variations in intensity. The wet track suited the Glen well as there are no super heavy braking zones.

Anxious to read your 1st Melbourne forecast. :)

Daniel, thank you sooooo much for making this race very interesting! I made a slick gamble when the rain slowed down around lap 20 and I had to stay on slicks, even though it rained a bit more from around lap 30. This resulted in a 3rd positon, which I'm very happy about. The race was one of the most challenging so far for me.

Day 2:
11:30 - Warmup
14:00 - Race

Day 2: A cloudy morning, and they are expected to start drop rain around mid day. It looks like the intensity is going to be medium, and it will last a number of hours.

I think I learned my lesson now. The ingame session info before the race said "track - wet" and "forecast - rain". Combined with your forecast which somehow says "...if it rains, it will do so from mid day for some hours and with medium intensity" I shouldn't have made a slick gamble at a virtual time around 14:30 o clock.

It should be said that many were struggling with their telemetry due to some recent steam updates, but that didn't seem to have a significant negative effect.

Well maybe for me it had a negative effect, because I updated my XD overlay in the last minutes. :) If I didn't do that, maybe I hadn't seen my inters getting too hot, so maybe I would have stayed on a more conservative strategie using all times intermediates. But who knows... Afterwards you always know better. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%