Season 6 Race 3 IMOLA

This time I'd give the award "man of the race" to our one armed bandit :) very well done Thony! :) I hope your brave input doesn't negativly influence your recovery. But I'm sure your mother told you already :)

Lol , thanks Champ :), the result was abit of a surprise to be honest , there are many turns on this track and it was really hard to control the car for 43 laps , but i believe all the guys did a great job here today and all deserve champagne ..

There was a couple backmarkers who scared me a bit, and luckily I managed to have no incidents. I don't remember who they were but some people pick interesting places to slow down.

It happened to me as well but I can understand how difficult it was for them to give way on this twisty track, it was easy to lose control and go of track , I had to wait until it was clear to pass, I did lose time and it was close to lose my position but that is ok , it is part of the challenge :)

That must have been a "superglue " setup Valter compared to mine :), i was running with 4/31 , but you were correct in running with much higher rear wings in relevant to the front wings to get faster exit speed ..i did the same and my car was perfect...:)
I should have used your setup Anthony. The car was a bit handicapped on the long straights compared to my competitors'. But as you so accurately noted, there was nothing wrong with the grip of my car:)

I ended up using a 6/28 combo as I couldnt get the front to stick any other way

After some investigation into my lap 1 spin I noticed that everyones cars were getting very airborne at that point and landing straight, mine on the other hand, only the rear wheels left the ground, with the fronts staying firmly stuck to the track, thus pitching me into a spin:redface:

Jim

grats reik and ishak !!!:wink:
my race start with a pb in pratice race my grafic change and go bad , difficolt make a decent lap!! so i start in 2 place !!!:cool:
strategy medium and 100ltr fuel on the start!!!my start go good but not so fast for pass reik!!im constant with time lap 1 24!!i see reik go fast and give me a substantial gap but him do many error and im alwais there rear him i see in 20 laps him have bad error and im much near i think only 1 sec ,so i try anticipation my pit stop from 1 lap ,but not go good so i exit on pit maeby 8 and see andy avant me, with new tyres i go fast but need wait for try pass him what maeby andy go in pit on this lap and so reik exit from pit sop still 2 or 3 sec avant me
really many traffic on the half race still reik have pb with pass the traffic and me too but reik alwais 5 sec avant me !!on 30 laps little battle with nicolas rouge him not understand what i follow reik and so nicolas for not lose position try resist on my pass on variante alta !!!np nicolas !!reik give me 6 or 7 sec gap and race go so on the finish !!!! not bad my 2 place !!same finish on pacific !!forever 2 ^^ !!:)

i use set up basic from nordsheifle very fast and stable can drive with wing 3 23 for q ,and 3 25 for race ,can t bealive with this wing have more grip!!

pb on my wheel so i send it on the shop i hope have my g27 for next track!for the moment i use my old wheel f430 with many pb ^^ !!
hope go lachy!!

sry for my englesh!!
c u all on next track!!

horus 3000!!!

I ended up using a 6/28 combo as I couldnt get the front to stick any other way

After some investigation into my lap 1 spin I noticed that everyones cars were getting very airborne at that point and landing straight, mine on the other hand, only the rear wheels left the ground, with the fronts staying firmly stuck to the track, thus pitching me into a spin:redface:

Jim

Good investigation Jim and you are correct, with that wing setting the rear of your car was too lose to handle the full throttle at that particular spot and that exactly what made you spin..I actually remember you were struggling with front grip when we were testing ..

when I start working on my race setup with 80 litres fuel it was clear that there were 3 high risk spinning spots under full throttle/acceleration on this track," Tamburello, Piratella and Variante Alta" , and to get a good speed without spinning and to get the rear sticking to the track on those spots the rear down force needed to overweight the front, but the problem was the understeering, and by lowering the front antiroll the problem was solved for me :)..

sorry for your spin m8, it happened in front of me..

Here’s my race report. Sorry for being a little late.

Qualify (1st):

The qualy started a bit nervous for me. I think I had three stints with either making own mistakes or closing up to others, who had been on their timed lap (so no blame on them). Finally I managed to drive a 1:19:8xx I think. Not very close to my PB but the grip in the event seems to be slightly lower as on Presto GP 5 lap server (?).

Race (1st):

As always I was very nervous at the start. Lights turned off and I made a good start with my long first gear. So I reached the first combo with no one besides me. Having a clear drive through the next turns and first two laps I could open a gap of some seconds to Gaetano in 2nd. Now the most important part was not to loose concentration anywhere, because Imola is very unforgiving and my car was tricky to handle.

Doing some slight mistakes here and there I couldn’t increase the gap to Gaetano, so it settled around 3-5 seconds. Around lap 10 or so I had a very strange moment. Our cat couldn’t resist of her curiosity and jumped in front of my monitor! :mad: (description attached) My crew chief Tina showed a quick reaction to take the cat away, but being nearly blind through the first two chicanes and overshooting the hairpin, made me loose some seconds. When I rejoined the track Gaetano had closed up and chased me.

Going on with a doubled adrenalin level, I made slight mistakes lap by lap, always fearing “the cat”! Also tire wear played a role. So I could only open a small gap to Gaetano again.

My pit stop was scheduled for lap 22 but at lap 20 (I think) I over breaked it into Rivazza and to avoid a complete spin I nearly breaked to still stand. Again Gaetano had closed up and I saw him pit behind me. This enforced me to go for a crazy lap on worn tires not to loose too much time and then also pit. After the stop I was 4th 4 seconds infront of Gaetano. Others pitted later, so I was back in the lead.

The whole second stint was a mix of good laps and mistakes, so Gaetano ever was close behind me. This created many pressure. I feel very sorry for Nicolas, who chased an other car with a good pace but had to interrupt his fight to let me lap him. Immediately after lapping I made a mistake and he passed me again. But his fight was destroyed and again he had to let me pass. Very sorry mate! :frown:

Finally I brought it home with some luck not to crash and a 6 seconds lead.

Gaetano, I hope you feel the pressure at the top of the ranking! :D Enjoy it as long as you can do.

I’m very thankful to have such a well organized place to race with other nice guys, so thx to Nico, RD and all other involved modders and drivers!!!!

See you at Watkins Glen… :cool:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 196
Grats Podium

Q: 20
R: 13

I had a decent race. I came close to crashing at the start when Per got a ride backwards in front of me, but managed to just avoid it.

Did everything I could to stay on the narrow race course and managed to get to the finish P12.

Had some good battles with Tim, Alex, Valter, Nicolas, Eliezer.

Thx all for good racing:D

See you on Watkins

Around lap 10 or so I had a very strange moment. Our cat couldn’t resist of her curiosity and jumped in front of my monitor! :mad: (description attached) My crew chief Tina showed a quick reaction to take the cat away.

Ahaa , that is the famous Cat on facebook :), Hmmmm, are you sure Reik Karlotta has nothing to do with Zizzo to sabotage your race ?:)...

Nice crew by the way,,,, now we know who is behind your superspeed :wink:.next time you should call your setup "Tina Watkins Q" .hhehehe...

yes champ now i start feel pressure at the top ranking:eek:!! i know what not can defence it!!:frown:
all my set be aut with my old thrustmasterf430:damnit:!!can only hope not lose many points by you!!! big :work: and many :pray:!! cu all in waktings:wink:!!

Ahaa , that is the famous Cat on facebook :), Hmmmm, are you sure Reik Karlotta has nothing to do with Zizzo to sabotage your race ?:)...

Nice, you've seen the picture at my girl's account. :) Will post some more on my account soon, because she's growning fast.

If it happens next race again, I should investigate your sabotage idea. Maybe someone comes to our home and hides some meat under my keyboard. :)

yes champ now i start feel pressure at the top ranking:eek:!! i know what not can defence it!!:frown:
all my set be aut with my old thrustmasterf430:damnit:!!can only hope not lose many points by you!!! big :work: and many :pray:!! cu all in waktings:wink:!!

Hey you never know what happens. Show as much consistant results as you can. Only one DNF by me and you are far away again. So it's not all about being the quickest one. :) And if you are quicker with your standard wheel as you've already been at Imola with your F430, then it'll become a hard challenge against you.

Let's have the best challenge we can get :)

I looked at the replay and had it not been for the unlapping problems with Nicolas you would have been right on Reik's tail with 13 or so laps remaining. That was very unlucky, but it menas you are very close :)

hi all

congrats to Reik, Gaetano and Anthony

Qauly
i got a PB in qauly which i was happy with, although it was still slow compared to you guys. i qaulified last, which is becoming a trend for me!!

Race
never really comfortable in the race, maybe should of used higher wings. i try to go to fast but in reality i'm not as i slide around the corners, not having enough traction.

i hope i didn't ruin anyones's race, it is never my intention.

see you all at watkins glen!!

Finally I managed to drive a 1:19:8xx I think. Not very close to my PB but the grip in the event seems to be slightly lower as on Presto GP 5 lap server (?).

Could be due to the weather file used?

No panic here champions :), trust me, it is 100% the stress level and the lack of concentration to get a perfect lap during the timed session is the main reason for being a bit slower than our PB on the 5 lap server where there you drive most of the time with max 2-3 other drivers , it is happening to me and to many others most of the time, as soon as the qualy session starts my adrenaline level goes up and I lose focus and I start doing silly mistakes that I normally won’t do.. :tongue:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.4%