Season 6 Race 3 Imola - Weather

Hi Presto racers :)

Here you got the first forecast for the event at Imola:

This part of Italy has a moderade chance of rain this time of year: 25 % risk of rain affecting a day. Showers and longer rains are about equally common. The intensity is mostly light to medium.

The second one will come on tuesday the first of March, at 19:00 UTC (current UK time).

-------------------------

The virtual schedule to be able to link the forecast to the sessions:

Day 1:
11:00 - Practice
14:00 - Qualifying

Day 2:
11:30 - Warmup
14:00 - Race

The second forecast:

Day 1: A fine day with a tiny risk for showers. Showers are usually around half an hour to an hour, with about medium intensity.

Day 2: Same as day 1.

No problems Nico. :) Just curios, but if the weather gets mixed up in the future by either of us, should the race continue and the result count? Might be good to clarify that, if it should happen again.

No problems Nico. :) Just curios, but if the weather gets mixed up in the future by either of us, should the race continue and the result count? Might be good to clarify that, if it should happen again.

The way I see it, it is not really a problem as long as I am 100% Presto GP material, which I am. Iow I would not dream of speculating in this. This again means that if a mistake is done there is no way of knowing until after the race. How are we to know if a clear sky when rain is predicted means there is a mistake? It could just be the unpredictabillity of the weather :) (that your 10% chance in your spread sheet kicked in).

So looking at the bright side, the 5% chance that I make a mistake contributes positivly to the unpredictabillity of the weather.

Thx Daniel and Nico, whatever happend i consider it as part of the game, I was on rain setup at nurberg, i run longer stint hoping for rain to come, my tires were gone by lap 20 but i stayed out for 3 more laps as I was prophesying that rain shall fall any moment now ...but nothing happened.. Blue sky... so even if the weather file did not work the mental idea of rain coming did work..And by staying out for 3 more laps made me lose more time to the guys chasing me. But if rain did come then I might have jumped all the guys that have already pitted. :)

Cheers

Anthony

The virtual schedule to be able to link the forecast to the sessions:

Day 1:
11:00 - Practice
14:00 - Qualifying

Day 2:
11:30 - Warmup
14:00 - Race

The second forecast:

Day 1: A fine day with a tiny risk for showers. Showers are usually around half an hour to an hour, with about medium intensity.

Day 2: Same as day 1.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years