• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Season 5 - Stewards thread.

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by Rob McEwan, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Rob McEwan

Rob McEwan

Ratings:
    +886
    Season 5 Stewards thread.
    Your Stewards this season are :
    • •Tom While​
    • • Rob McEwan
      • Richard Teixeira​
    S5 Stewarding Thread Rules
    • You are not allowed to post any incidents in this thread until 09:00am on Friday following the race, Any appeals should be made by 23:59 Saturday evening. Any drivers that disregard this rules could be penalized and have their reports removed.
    • This Thread is only for incidents during races so you post what you need to and follow the format below after that no discussions are to take place in the stewards threads, any drivers that disregard this rule could be penalized.
    APPEALS

If your not happy with the outcome of a stewards enquiry you may APPEAL the result but please note you have 24hrs after the original verdict to post your appeal below and must provide further footage and/or evidence

S5 Stewards enquiry format.

Please use this template when making an enquiry. You MUST have video evidence of your incidents your personal point of view is preferred but if using a race replay please use the chase cam, other view points can be unreliable.​
    • Time period of the video to be observed: (give range from start to finish)
    • .Drivers involved
    • .A brief description of your side of the incident including time lost.
    Also the stewards will now have a deadline for each event to get the decision's out by Sunday so the points can be updated quicker.

Penalty system

The stewards have a variety of penalties that may be applied to punish drivers who break the racing rules, depending on the severity of the violation. The available penalties are sorted below, in order of severity. Breaking a rule also leads to penalty points being added to your name - see further down for more details.

(Note that penalties may be added together in the event of multiple violations in a race, which could result in total time penalties of a higher number than what is suggested below)

● 5-second time penalty
    ● 10-second time penalty
    ● 20-second time penalty
    ● 30-second time penalty
    ● Qualifying ban for the next race (may also be applied in place of a time penalty if the driver did not finish the race)
    ● Disqualification from the race
    ● One-race ban
    ● Multiple-race ban
    ● Permanent removal from the league

Any penalties will be aimed at the person who has done wrong - we cannot compensate anyone else as a result of someone's actions. All penalties are discussed by the Stewards Panel before being issued and the driver will always be informed of the outcome. The Stewards Panel is completely neutral and will not include anyone who may be affected by the incident in question.

Penalty points system
    The penalty points system is a way of keeping track of a driver's record of breaking the rules of clean racing, and to more severely punish repeat offenders. Penalty points will be applied alongside normal race penalties, as per the list below.

5 points - Driving dangerously or unsportingly
    5 points - Causing a minor avoidable collision
    10 points - Causing a moderate avoidable collision
    15 points - Causing a major avoidable collision
    5 points - Failing to wait for the affected driver after causing a collision (in addition to one of the above)
    5-15 points - Excessively abusing the track limits (depending upon severity)
    50 points - Deliberately crashing into another driver

If you accumulate 25 points, you will be awarded a qualifying ban.

If you accumulate 40 points, you will be awarded a one-race ban.

If you accumulate 50 points, your league position will be put under review, with the likely outcome of being removed from the league.

Penalty points will usually be reset ahead of a new season.

Please note rage quitting will be punished with a qualifying ban for the next race. If you retire from the race you are expected to remain in the lobby until the race is over and AFTER the race replay has been saved. (You may be asked for proof in the event of a disconnection so pls take a screen shot of your disconnect notification)

In the case of the wheel glitch in qualifying please do not leave the race lobby until you have tried to disconnect the wheel and reconnect it to the ps4. This should solve the problem without having to leave and rejoin.

Penalty Points Table

s5penpts.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,950
    IMG_4923.PNG

IMG_4926.PNG

ZOLDER HOTSPOT 2 report (2nd chicane)

Hotspot 2nd chicane results

Nic-0
    Adam-2
    Andrew-3
    Omari-4 +1
    Liam-1
    Ben-3
    Gaz-1
    Benji-2
    Jaime-1
    Lance-0
    Jim-0
    Matt-2
    Fraser-2
    Frank-0
    Seeks-7 +4

Jeremy not on my replay

NO JUMP STARTS
    NO PIT EXIT PENALTIES

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Adam Morris

Adam Morris
    (TNGTC) #64 M3 GT3 - Bangers And Smash GT

Ratings:
    +614
    Stewards Thread Now Open.

4. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,950
    Benji's angle and mine timed at 1hr9mins 15 seconds

Myself and @Ben McCluskey

Going into the fastest corner on the track I get a tap putting me into the wall receiving major damage and ruining my race, thanks to benji for letting me back past but he continued with no damage so I feel that's not enough

IMG_0198.JPG
    That's a gap apparently

5. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Ratings:
    +195
    Driver involved: R_ace2

As per video T1/2 lap one, don't even know how managed to hit me as was massive gap going into corner, got Took off and put into gravel loosing 8 positions and getting some lovely damage to go with it, ended up p13 from p5, Race continued and never waited,

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +189
    Response to ben's enquiry

As ben has already kindly provided my POV of the accident I will not be uploading another clip. But I just want to give my point of view of what happened in the moment. So as you seen in the clip I had got passed Ben and Adam down the straight, then went side by side through turn 1 and 2, easily giving enough room for Adam, but still managed to have slight contract as he came onto my line. This lost me the momentum and allowed Ben to pass on the outside. Whilst my car was still slightly in line with the two M3 drivers cars, the door was closed extremely quickly. Now I was clearly behind from backing right off but then there was just enough room for another car, and I knew that if I got side by side I could be passed at least one of them in the chicane as I had been in the exact situation with Jamie and Andrew at least twice during practice. Plus you're no longer a racer if you don't go for the gap. Whilst I closed right up again I was mostly looking at Adam's car and seen him move a inch or two over to the left, to avoid contact, I myself moved slightly left as well but did not correctly judge the distance from my car to Ben's. If you even look closely from my pov you can see that there was no contact from my side but as Ben went flying left I knew there was for him. I'm not blaming this on lag but in real life, it probably would've been fine. As I also shown (which can be found on Ben's post) I did wait for Ben to pass again. I was also told from another driver in the league that Ben kept his throttle open whilst he went off track. I personally don't know how reliable or true this is, but maybe it's something to consider and look into. Now I don't want to be giving out a list of excuses and I am a man (boy) who knows when he's in the wrong, but I have being having a lot of stress this week from coursework deadlines and probably shouldn't been racing. It could've affected my driving style a bit but I'm not using this as some major excuse, just a point to consider. If I was to be in the same situation again, of course I would not have tried the move but from the data from practice races before hand, I knew it could work, but again that was with different drivers who give different amounts of space and react differently to a situation like the accident.
    I will accept a penalty if given and take it like a man. Just wish some people wouldn't act like children sometimes. That's my job! :p
    Thank you stewards. Have a good day everyone! :thumbsup:

There's the gap Ben
    Screenshot_20170331-232257-960x540.png

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  7. R_ace2

R_ace2

Ratings:
    +15
    Here is my point of view of the t1 incident with gaz.

Going into the turn im early on the brakes and lift off slightly to catch up, i make the ground up then get tapped from behind by an aston, this only nudges me slightly and actually turns me quite nice. Gav then comes across infront of me clipping the front end. 1st i didnt think he was going to cut across at such an angle, 2nd i didnt know i had more space behind me and slamming breaks on in the middles of the 1st turn at monza would cause a disaster.

As soon as we made contact i hit the brakes as is clear by the fact i slow down more than gav. As i turn to make turn 2, a m3 appears and more contact pushes me into gav, before the m3 then hits gav more,

In my view this was a turn one incident at monza

( sorry for **** vid, im not down with all this video editing) also hope this vid has loaded

• Like Like x 1
  8. R_ace2

R_ace2

Ratings:
    +15
    Ok the vid isnt loading ill send it to someone to upload

• Like Like x 1
  9. R_ace2

R_ace2

Ratings:
    +15

Hope thats it.... more vid evidence to come

10. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,950
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. R_ace2

R_ace2

Ratings:
    +15

Please now see fraser's point of view of the start, this shows the hit I received into the first turn, pushing me forward,

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,950
    This is the sprint race Gaz posted about the feature race so this video is irrelevant

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. R_ace2

R_ace2

Ratings:
    +15
    Id like to report an incident involving gaz.

Lap 14. Gaz Locks brakes into turn 1.
    He was 0.5- 0.6 in front of jamie, and i was just behind jamie.
    He cuts turn 2 and makes up ground on frazer and pulls to about 1.3 in front of jamie. If there had been a barrier ect it could of been race over for gaz or at least jamie and myself would of made a place or be in position to challenge into the next corner. In no way should he make time up.

Video is from jamies point of view

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. R_ace2

R_ace2

Ratings:
    +15
    Ah i do apologise. :(

• Like Like x 1
  15. R_ace2

R_ace2

Ratings:
    +15
    Can i use this as more evidence that turn one incidents happen alot in monza and someone usally loses out. First race gaz. 2nd race myself. At the time i put it down to a racing incident but maybe ill need to review it further....

16. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Ratings:
    +195
    Clearly you can't see? I actually did back off if you look, 5 tenths before braking zone for t1 and if you look gap doesn't go above a second after I joined, and as we go around the right hander coming up to the next corner the gap is dropping down before we get to next corner and guess what it ends up at by end of the video, pretty much 5 tenths

Thought I did alright as I wasn't sure on gap so was visually trying to judge it before coming corner.
    Plus I ain't gonna just slam the anchors on am I and wave the field by on there merry way

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,950
  18. Rob McEwan

Rob McEwan

Ratings:
    +886
    Yep we just need the vid, time of incident in vid. And a brief explanation of your point of appeal or response to being named in an appeal. No back and forth conversation pls.
    Thanks, were looking into everything.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,950
    FEATURE
    image.png

SPRINT
    image.png

20. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes

Ratings:
    +805
    Hello Stewards,

As already hinted to I've got an enquiry between myself and @Fraser Rostance. I've got two videos, one onboard from Fraser and one from Ben's POV behind. I could provide my onboard later if needed.

Fraser let's me get alongside then pushes me onto the grass and leaves me there all the way down the back straight. In the first video (Fraser's Onboard), the incident is between 3:24 and 3:35. On the second video (Ben's onboard), the incident is between 1:20:24 and 1:20:39. I think it's a horrible piece of defense and I could've easily ended up wiping out 5 drivers or more if I hadn't have been able to control the car on the grass.
    https://www.facebook.com/fraser.rostance/posts/10155176995337421

• Agree Agree x 4