Season 5 Race 9 Valencia Street - Setup Thread

Thanks Nico.

I"ll reserve this place for my setups. All going well and I survive the opening lap, I should have something after the FPPS practice race on Wednesday.

EDIT: I used and enjoyed the Nico-Anthony setup as is. Thank you gentlemen. Nice work. :)

2nd EDIT: I am still using the Nico-Anthony setup completely unchanged. For the race I will open the Brakes to 3 and use a more durable tyre compound.

3rd Edit: On the advice of a colleague, I lowered the wings from 5/ 26 to 4 / 21 wings; improved by ~ 0.2 sec. :) I needed to shift my braking marker back a bit for the end of the straights.

4th Edit: Seeing that Anthony has changed his file [or maybe only the file name] that I am use, I thought I would upload it here. The V2 is because it has 4 / 21 wings as described in edit 3.

Attachments

• Nico-Anthony 132-3 - V2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 285
I started with my hockenheim race setup (5/18) It seems to work quite well to learn the track at least. There will need to be some discuss about those white lines, maybe not the whole discussion again, but perhaps some clarification from the Race Director. There are a couple of places that seem very similar to the singapore exception.

I started with my hockenheim race setup (5/18) .

i guess you meant ( 5/28 ) Tim right? i am testing 3/17 and 5/27 with my hock setup at the moment as i am not sure which way to go , maybe David T can give us a hint as he posted a nice lap time :)..i am still learning the track but i will try to post something for the guys to start with sometimes tonite ..

There will need to be some discuss about those white lines, maybe not the whole discussion again, but perhaps some clarification from the Race Director. There are a couple of places that seem very similar to the singapore exception.

Yeah. there are some white lines on this track that I think the RD would do wise to ignoring (those which run paralell with the walls on the straights) :)

Are there anybody who would like to see these white lines respected?

Maybe we should just concentrate on the ones near the corners, forget the rest

I have the basis of a good setup in the making, it's based on my Silverstone setup, I'll update this post when I've got it well sorted

Jim

Yeah. there are some white lines on this track that I think the RD would do wise to ignoring (those which run paralell with the walls on the straights) :)

Are there anybody who would like to see these white lines respected?

yes i would like to see them respected, why all of a sudden after 2 or 3 seasons of the rules are we suddenly questioning each track? cmon this is getting to be a joke, we either stay within the white lines or we dont its simple, if folk have trouble racing within white lines then maybe they shouldnt be racing, afterall we all managed it for however many seasons weve had the rule.

that was hockenheim too that id settled into a nice rythum and line then for the bar to be moved at the last minute by pandering to the folk who like to run wide or cut, the lines are there for a reason just like singapore which should be respected too, sorry i feel so strongly about this but its no rocket science... if the race director says - 2 wheels within white lines at all times then thats what the drivers do, they dont question "oh but can we just go wide here or cut there" then follow the rules for the rest of the track.

EDIT:sorry just a bit over the top,but i do feel strongly about it

Sorry if I upset you David:). I will respect the rules as they are. In my view it adds to the excitement when you can go really close to the walls. On this track there are walls to keep us in line in many turns, and the ridiculously high curbs will punish us in real time at most places, even if we only go wide with two wheels. I just wanted to point out some spots where there is time to gain by going near the wall like our role models.

thought I would post my setups even though I'm from the Pacific Series...

my qual setup I've managed a 1.32.714 so far

race setup is fairly stable and happy with it, except for tyre temps.. I can't get the temps up into the 90's for especially the front but rears too... so if someone could kindly help me out with them that'd be fantastic!!

Attachments

• FPPS Qual 2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 287
  • FPPS Race 4.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 288
I tried your setup Nico and i must say that for the first time i did enjoy driving a car with so soft setting, it did really suit this track...

i had to reduce the wings a bit, 5/ 26 instead of 6/30 but by doing so i had to finetune some other things to make the car behave correctly, i reduced the 1 & 2 gearing for faster exit, reduced the coast for better turning " when coasting" and raised the front camber for more grip at the fast turns of the 3rd sector..

i went back on track and managed 132.3 , it still not that fast but at least i managed a new PB :tongue: ..

thx M8 :thumb:

Attachments

• Nico-Anthony 132-3.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 287
Here's my setup I've been using so far, no doubt it'll evolve a bit before race day but I think its not bad as it is

Jim

Attachments

• mr b val.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 286
I see that a lot of guys have posted good and competitive times at prestogp.com without posting any setups. I see this as a problem as it will feel unfair to those who post.

Good news is that 4 out of the 5 fastest drivers have posted their setup, bad news is that the currently fastest time set by Mark is not represented with a setup. The better your time is, the more essential it is to post your setup promptly.

If it is to keep once setup secret, if it is lazyness or if one just have not payed attention and does not know that it is expected to post the setup I do not know, but I will attempt to resolve this situation tonight.

Remember, at Presto GP the setups are something we are forced to live with, but it is not a part of the competition. If I could I would lock all parameters on the setup with the exception of a very few details, such as wings, gears, ride height etc.

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback on my setup Anthony. I am currently testing something in between my own setup and your version of it :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%