Season 5 Race 7 Abu Dhabi post race

Q 12th
I had no time to train for Q, so I had no idea what time I could reach.

R 6th
My second best race after Monaco. I was happy of my pace there, being very consistent.
I started not so bad and passed Nicolai just after T1. The mistakes of other pilots made me gain other places and I quickly was 7th in lap 2, with Jim in front of me and Tim behind. After a few laps, Jim spun and I took the 6th position, but a few laps later, I made a big mistake at T3 while Mark was threatening me, spun and lost 3 positions, being behind Tim now.
I ended my first stint after 20 laps, in 2nd position (damn, still no lead lap for me :wink: !). The second stint was better, I was a little faster (less fuel than the 1st one) and I somehow gain a position after pitting (I exited the pit in 8th).
I passed Andy at lap 28 who was in the pits, and then decided to do my best to keep my position and not be lapped by Reik until the end. At lap 35 I closed Jim and succeeded in passing him in T11 (end of second straight). I was very happy with this, it's the only real overtake I did in that race, and it was very clean.
Finished the race 2 laps later.

Congratulation podium and racers, it was a very good and clean race. CU in Germany.

Congratulations!! Reik, Mark and Anthony.. well done!

Q: not to bad, 8 place.

R: DNF before start the race.. Happen again :mad:, on meddle of the warmup my computer crash, I am very disappointed, tire and angry about this issues, I formatted my computer two weeks ago, installed lasted drivers, new folder of race07.. I don't know what is the problem, Hardware?, ISP?, Router?… Very welcome any advise.

My video card is nvidia 9800 GXS, What is better, nvidia or Ati?
Windows WXP or W7, 32 or 64bit?

no practice yet, see u at Hockenheim, hope can I complete this race

I used to have Nvidia but now I've switched to ATI. To be honest there is little difference to tell, I still have a problem of very small lags when I race. The game rearly crash, but it does happen, almost never while I race though. (this is with my ATI cars.)

At the start of my Nvidia time the graphich driver often crashed. Later on this didn't happen again.

My point is that the last year of my Nvidia time and my first months with ATI there is little difference to tell.

What happens to your computer Vincenzo? does it reboot or does it freeze so you have to reboot yourself? Or is it just the game that crashes and throws you back into Windows?

There is one other thing that people sometimes overlook, and thats the power supply, often when people upgrade and add various components in their machine (especialy video cards) this can take the power supply close to it's limits which can cause fluctuations in voltages, which can cause the machine to go t*ts up from time to time

It's important to have a power supply with plenty of juice in hand so it runs nice and stable

Jim

I will tell you something else that people often forget. Open browser windows. I recently experienced that my framerate was more than halved. I alt-tabbed to Windows and closed 3 websites (for alpine skiing info). My framerate went straight back to normal.

What ATI Card recommend?, my monitor have HDMI connection

Hi Vince,
I use a giggle-byte HD 5870
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3355#ov

I was using a HD 4890 OC. It ran great.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3148#ov

Most likely the all new HD 6870 series cards will be good, however, they are not as powerful as the older HD 5870 series. 4000 + series cards have HDMI output. 5000+ series cards also support eyefinity.

As Jim suggests, ensure that your Power Supply has enough head room [power/ grunt] for the card you choose.

P.S. I tried 3 screens [ 3 x 24"] using eyefinity and found it too much for me [needed a tinted visor J]. Back to the one for now. Maybe next winter when I need some extra heating. J :)

Hi, some people of us know:
i use nividia over 10 year on my computers.
but than they have a problem with simbin games!!
now i have my ati 5870 for more than 1 year and no probs or so!
it was a best buy!

cheeers

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Prizes

• Trophies